VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: British Entertainer Barry Chuckle of the 'Chuckle Brothers'

Author:
Dies at 73
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sunday, August 05, 09:02:49am

Chuckle Brothers star Barry dies at 73

BBC News
August 5, 2018

Barry Chuckle, one half of the comedy duo the Chuckle Brothers, has died aged 73 after a short period of ill health.

The entertainer, whose real name was Barry Elliott, starred in ChuckleVision with his brother Paul on the BBC between 1987 and 2009.

Paul said: "I've not just lost my brother, I've lost my theatrical partner of many, many years and my very best friend."

Fans have paid tribute on Twitter, with many thanking him "for the laughs".

Earlier this year, the brothers returned to the small screen with a new show, Chuckle Time, on Channel 5.

Summer work was cancelled while Barry rested at his doctor's request, but not long after his health deteriorated.

Manager Phil Dale said that the filming of their latest show had recalled the "wonderful days" of ChuckleVision.

He said: "It is with great sadness that the family announce that Barry passed away peacefully at his home surrounded by his wife Ann and all his family.

"The family would like to express their thanks to the many people who have been fans of the Chuckle Brothers and they know that they will share in part the great, great loss they feel."

Mr Dale said Barry "leaves 50 years of laughter as his legacy, which is something very special".

Paul's wife Sue thanked fans for the outpouring of supportive messages.

She said: "Barry would be so happy to know how much he was loved."

The duo - who performed for friends and family in their backyard before becoming famous - started their careers as The Chuckles on ITV talent show Opportunity Knocks in 1967.

Emma Bullimore from the TV Times said the Chuckle Brothers were "pure silliness and joy" and a "staple part of so many childhoods".

"They had such a twinkle in their eye," she said. "They seemed to really enjoy what they were doing and that came to the screen. Everyone felt really happy watching them."

Read more at: https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-45074955

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
IMDb-Sunday, August 05, 09:03:16am

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.