VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Was actor Gerry Black's obit posted here? He died last June, but I can't recall.

Author:
Obit & link
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Thursday, August 09, 10:49:18am

Link...
https://www.metropolitanmortuary.com/obituaries/Gerry-Black/#!/Obituary

Gerry Black (born Gerald L. Black) sunrise September 21, 1927 in New York, sunset June 10, 2017 in Marina Del Rey, CA.

His most recent and memorable work was First Sunday 2008 (Movie) as the hard to hear Mr. Wally (Actor), Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story 2007 (Movie) as the Harmonica Player, Everybody Hates Chris 2005 (Tv Show), Medical Investigation 2004 (Tv Show), King of Queens 2004 as he played George Barksdale.

A professional actor since 1976, when he got his first role in a N.Y. Shakespeare Festival stage production, Gerry, whom, before deciding to embark on an acting career, was a door-to-door salesman in his hometown New York City was also graced both the big and small screens. He is best known for his roles in various TV dramas and sitcoms, which include Hill Street Blues, All in the Family, FOX-TV's Living Single, the long-running NBC-TV medical drama series ER, and ABC-TV's Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper, and the movies Blankman with Damon Wayans and David Alan Grier, Captain Avenger, Tin Man and The Majestic starring Jim Carrey, for which Mr. Black received rave reviews. As a live performer, lack has showcased his theatrical abilities at the New York Shakespeare Festival, The American Place Theatre, The Pocket Theatre in Detroit, the Playhouse in the Park in Philadelphia, the Westbury Playhouse, and Cherry Lane Theatre. He has also done major commercials for companies such as Kellogg’s, Staples, and Little Caesars Pizza. His warm smile and unique actor style will be missed.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
IMDb linkR.I.P.Thursday, August 09, 10:49:57am
It was. I remember mentioning his recurring role on The King of Queens. (NT)At least that's where I remembered him bestThursday, August 09, 11:11:52am

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.