VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Former NYC Ballet principal dancer Peter Frame commits suicide just one DAY after the death of his former colleague - renowned dancer and choreographer Paul Taylor, dead at 61. ...

Author:
Dailymail.co.uk
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Friday, September 28, 06:46:44pm
In reply to: Dies at 61 's message, "Peter Frame, New York City ballet dancer at teacher commits suicide" on Saturday, September 01, 08:12:10pm

Former NYC Ballet principal dancer Peter Frame commits suicide just a day
after the death of his former colleague - renowned dancer and choreographer Paul Taylor.

Dailymail.co.uk
September 2, 2018

=Frame, 61, jumped out of his apartment building in Manhattan on Thursday
=His death came a day after Taylor, 88, died of renal failure in Manhattan hospital
=Two of the most memorable points of Frame's career were connected to Taylor
=Taylor created a solo for Frame, who said it was one of his career's best moments
=He credited Taylor with making him 'feel comfortable with myself' for the piece

Peter Frame, the formal principal dancer of the New York City Ballet and a beloved instructor at the School of American Ballet, has committed suicide.

His death comes as a double blow to the tight-knit community, who lost legendary dancer and choreographer Paul Taylor just the day before.

Frame, 61, jumped out of his apartment building on the Upper West Side of Manhattan on Thursday.
Authorities said he left behind a note.

His death came a day after Taylor, considered one of the greatest choreographers of modern dance, passed away in a Manhattan hospital.

Taylor, 88, died of renal failure, according to a spokeswoman for the Paul Taylor Dance Company.

Alastair Macaulay, the chief dance critic for the New York Times, said Frame was 'said to have been recently in good spirits'.

But Macaulay points out that two of the 'most memorable points of Frame's dance career' were connected to Taylor.

In 1986, Taylor reconstructed a 1959 solo piece that was made for him by George Balanchine - considered the father of American ballet - for Frame.

Frame, then a soloist for the New York City Ballet, called it one of the most exciting moments in his career.

'I'm so happy with this. I love it,' he told the New York Times in 1986. 'I finally feel as I've got all my vitamins. There comes a time when you have to grow.'

Frame credited Taylor with making him 'feel comfortable with myself'.

'It was like planting a seed and nurturing it,' he said of his experience with the legendary choreographer.

He later called the eight-minute solo a 'thrilling, exhausting experience' that was 'worth every moment'.

Two years later, Frame danced as a guest artist for Taylor's company.

Frame, who danced with the New York City Ballet for 14 years, was elevated to principal dancer in 1987.

In 1993 he joined the School of American Ballet and created a renowned strength training class for male dancers.

Tributes poured in from fellow dancers after news of Frame's suicide broke.

New York City Ballet principal ballerina Ashley Boulder called Frame 'one of the sunniest, sweetest, genuinely nice humans I have ever met in my life'.

'I always our conversations and was always happy to see him,' she wrote in a tribute to the dancer on Instagram.

'He brought joy and gentle guidance to so many dancers. His words sunk in, his spirit uplifted, and his teachings live on.'

New York City Ballet ballerina Megan Fairchild said Frame had an 'enormous heart'.

'He cared so much about each and every dancer that went through the school, and continued to provide the same concern and love every time you crossed paths with him after you entered the company,' she wrote on Instagram.

'He was just one of those people who upon passing in the street or at the school immediately made you feel safe,
your heart softened and opened up, and you accepted his big hugs and interest in your life with absolute pleasure.'

If you or anyone you know needs to talk, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available 24/7 at 1-800-273-TALK (8255)

Link
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6124589/NYC-Ballet-dancer-Peter-Frame-commits-suicide-day-death-Paul-Taylor.html

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.