VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Archive: Richard Denning, Oct. 11, 1998

Author:
Actor
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Thursday, October 11, 11:22:28am

Richard Denning (March 27, 1914 October 11, 1998)[1] was an American actor best known for starring in science fiction films of the 1950s, including Unknown Island (1948), Creature from the Black Lagoon (1954), Target Earth (1954), Day the World Ended (1955), Creature with the Atom Brain (1955), and The Black Scorpion (1957).

Denning also appeared in the film An Affair to Remember (1957) with Cary Grant and on radio with Lucille Ball, as George and Liz Cooper, in My Favorite Husband(19481951), the forerunner of television's I Love Lucy. His character's name on CBS Radio's "My Favorite Husband" was changed from George Cugat to George Cooper later in 1948.

A television version of My Favorite Husband (1953-1955) was broadcast on CBS for two seasons during the tenure of I Love Lucy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Denning

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Perhaps best remembered for playing the governor on the original "Hawaii 5-0" (NT)The current show had a Governor named "Denning" in his honorThursday, October 11, 11:23:40am

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.