VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: ARCHIVE: October 17, 1962 ~The little known story of aspiring Hollywood teen actress Darbi Winters, who at 16, was murdered by her stepfather, and whose last wish was to be buried near her idol Marilyn Monroe, which she was -just 2 months after Monroe's early death. ...

Author:
Brief Bio
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 08:13:12am

Bio

Born Terryl Lee Andersen on January 19, 1946 in South Dakota, later became an aspiring actress Darbi Winters, but at 16 was strangled by her stepfather, Amos Emery Yeigh, on October 17, 1962 and hidden under her bed. He told her mother, who had been out on an errand, that she had gone out on a date, and then disappeared - Ms. Yeigh found her body the next day. He quickly became the prime suspect in the killing, and a manhunt was launched across the western states. He finally surrendered to police on October 22, 1962.

She is buried in the Westwood Memorial Park, Corridor of Memories, one tier above and one to the left of Marilyn Monroe. She had expressed her wish to be buried next to Monroe after Marilyn's untimely death on August 5, 1962 - her wish came true less than three months later. ...

Link
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3543311/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/22939/darbi-winters

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Thank you for this interesting and informative article. This is why I come back to this site everyday, to learn things. (NT)Not the political silliness like the Dennis Hof thread degenerated into...Wednesday, October 17, 09:50:35am
this stuff is why this website is so special. (NT)thank you for keeping the site goingWednesday, October 17, 11:03:28am
He copies word for word from Wikipedia, Imdb, and Find A Grave. (NT)There is nothing interesting, informative, or special about it. ...Wednesday, October 17, 11:51:05am
Bravo (NT)(NT)Wednesday, October 17, 12:23:24pm
Thank you for the kind words about my original post. I try to pepper our board w/unsung Hollywood lore, that may get little attention. (NT)I'll try to find more like it.Wednesday, October 17, 06:01:38pm

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.