VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: OT: New Mexico man shot in the back by a dirty dog ...his family pet! ...

Author:
Owner is not pressing charges.
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sunday, November 04, 09:47:22am

Dog shoots hunter in back. ...
by Mike Moffitt
Thursday, November 1, 2018

Sonny "Tex" Gilligan, 74, of Doņa Ana County, N.M., nearly died during a jackrabbit
hunting trip when his dog, Charlie, got his paw caught on the trigger of a shotgun.

Charlie the mutt shot his owner in the back last week, but he didn't mean it.

It was an accident. One that could have been avoided.

Sonny "Tex" Gilligan, 74, of Doņa Ana County, N.M., nearly died during a jackrabbit hunting trip. A shotgun blast ripped through
the front seat of his pickup and tore into his back, shattering his collar bone, cracking several ribs and exploding blood vessels.

"I was very fortunate I could get to my phone," Gilligan told the Las-Cruces Sun News. "The DASO (Doņa Ana County Sheriff's Office) first-responders saved my life. If they waited 10 more minutes I would've died. I lost so much blood. I know I actually passed to the other side just before getting to the hospital but they were able to revive me through CPR and bring me back."

Gilligan said he was in the front seat with his two other dogs. Charlie, a Rottweiler mix, had jumped into the back.

Also in the back was Gilligan's shotgun, locked and loaded.

Charlie, who's described by Gilligan's son as "rambunctious," slipped off the backseat and caught his paw on the trigger of the shotgun.

Gilligan said when the weapon went off, he thought at first he was being shot at from outside the truck.

Emergency medical personnel transported him via helicopter to University Medical Center in El Paso.

After a couple of surgeries, Gilligan was in critical condition but expected to recover fully, the Sun News reported.

Link ...
https://www.chron.com/news/article/Dog-shoots-hunter-back-New-Mexico-13357468.php

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.