VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: TV Writer Mardee Kravit

Author:
Dies at 68
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 11:57:26am

Mardee Kravit

Mardee Kravit passed from this life November 21, 2018 in Amagansett, New York. An indomitable spirit and guide to many, Mardee was charged by her wonderment of life; an energy she lovingly transmitted as a best best friend, wife, aunt, daughter, fairy godmother... and fearless mother. She was a New York City actress and writer of extraordinary skill, Nicolet High and Northwestern University performance grad, mother to Oakland chef Harte (Jessica) Singer and Los Angeles actor/writer Oliver Singer, wife of Steve Singer. Preceded in death by her parents Hirsh and Jackie (War/A Love Story, pre-publication). She leaves behind adoring family, her brothers Stephen (Anne) Kravit and William (Mari Katz) Kravit, nieces and nephews Michael, Ali, Emily, J.J., Jessie, and Katie, their spouses and significant others, and their children Jack, Lilah, Hannah and Julian. Mardee was best known for creating, writing and producing "Swans Crossing" the first young adult soap opera series, starring Sarah Michelle Gellar, writing ABC After School Specials ("Class Act: A Teacher's Story") and her most recent illustrated children's book "Billy and the Secret Ship" (Amazon, 2018). Mardee wrote this book to help young children deal with the death of a grandparent in an uplifting way. Her words came during her own determined struggle with cancer and were meant to give strength to her readers: Everything and everyone has a secret ship inside waiting to sail. "Even me?" asked Billy. Especially you. Grandpa filled Billy's face with his smile. Prepare to launch. In the silence the fire rose and crackled. The secret ship in the tree limb called out to Billy: Release me. "That's a fine ship Billy." "Sail back with me, Grandpa." Grandpa Frank filled Billy's face with his smile. "I'll always be part of your journey, Billy lad. It's time you carved out the secret ship anchored inside of you." When her mother died, Mardee wrote to the family "I'm feeling more sadness than I anticipated, trying to 'wrap up' a heart cycle is like trying to re-route an ocean. It was a primal event that created new waves and currents we all are just learning to navigate. To be able to share the process together, to whine, laugh, and get some wisdom is life affirming. Fills the sails with more than wind, to extend a metaphor, and oh why not, turns us into a family armada." Mardee wants us to remember her, share, whine and laugh together, navigate new waves, sail our secret ships as she salsa dances to her next life. Her memory is a blessing. Arrangements are private.

Published in Milwaukee Journal Sentinel on Nov. 28, 2018.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/jsonline/obituary.aspx?n=mardee-kravit&pid=190849001

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
IMDb-Wednesday, November 28, 11:57:44am

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.