VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Consciousness behind the dash...

Author:
Eminently Disqualified
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Thursday, December 06, 08:37:42pm
In reply to: . 's message, "This is fine, mystery man. But how about writing something about LIFE?" on Tuesday, December 04, 02:35:59pm

When at first I read your very legitimate retort to my initial post about Death, or the personification of it, or the distraction of it…or whatever phrase you wish to coin about it…I must admit I scoffed and shrugged, and yet the more I dwelled and the more I pondered; the more I reflected and the more I objectively began to probe into some of the deepest, darkest chasms of my mind, I could not muster the thoughts to validly reflect on the relative term that we use to describe our existence…life. Life? No, not the cereal, although I must admit, I liked it because Mikey did. And…most certainly not the board game…or is it? Is life a board game…wait…that sounds forcibly clichéd. No. Life is not a board game. Life is too nuanced for that and life is much too full of itself to merely be confined to the premise of a simple game, no matter how much you ignore that rich, full pamphlet that comes with the game; you know…the one marked “Directions.” If birth is the first chapter of your story, and death the final chapter, then life must be that rich pageantry of love and laughter, tears and sorrow, joy and adulation, trials and torments, anger and angst…and yes, it is all of this, it is so much more than what we see, and goes beyond what we feel. Life is our only hope and our only reason to really live. Live!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.