VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Joe Osborn, bassist for legendary LA studio session team The Wrecking Crew, who ca be heard on hundreds of hits...a list of songs he is on is included in the post

Author:
Per Steve Stanley, Wrecking Crew archivist
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Saturday, December 15, 09:19:16pm

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10157111641664170&set=a.249340609169&type=3&theater

He basically mentored The Carpenters into existence and played bass on pretty much everything they did... like Superstar, We’ve Only Just Begun, Close To You, There’s a Kind of Hush, Solitaire, Goodbye to Love, Top of the World, For All We Know, Goodbye to Love, I Won’t Last a Day, Touch Me When We’re Dancin’, Please, Mr. Postman, Rainy Days and Mondays, It’s Going to Take Some Time, Yesterday Once More, Hurting Each Other, Only Yesterday, and Calling Occupants. A few.
He also played - always with a pick on his Fender bass! - on, umm, a few other hits, like:
- The 5th Dimension: Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In, Wedding Bell Blues, One Less Bell to Answer, Up, Up, and Away, Didn’t Get to Sleep at All, Paper Cup, Carpet Man, California Soul, Blowing Away
- Johnny Rivers: Poor Side of Town, Memphis, Secret Agent Man, Summer Rain, Baby, I Need Your Lovin’, Mountain of Love
- The Association: Windy, Never My Love, Everything That Touches You
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys: This Diamond Ring, Count Me In, Everybody Loves a Clown
- Glen Campbell: By the Time I Get to Phoenix, Gentle On My Mind, Where’s the Playground, Suzie
- The Mamas and Papas: California Dreamin’, Monday Monday, Dedicated To the One I Love, Words of Love, Creeque Alley,
- Neil Diamond: Cracklin’ Rose, Holly Holy
- America: Lonely People, Ventura Highway, Horse With No Name...
Plus Midnight Confessions (Grass Roots), MacArthur Park (Richard Harris), Valleri (Monkees), All I Know (Art Garfunkel), Travelin’ Man (Rick Nelson), My Maria (B.W. Stevenson), Dizzy (Tommy Roe), Stoney End (Barbra Streisand), I Think I Love You (Partridge Family), Delta Dawn (Helen Reddy), Sunday Will Never Be the Same (Spanky & Our Gang), I’d Really Love to See You (England Dan & John Ford Coley), Easy Come, Easy Go (Bobby Sherman), Ruby, Don't Let Your Love Go To Town (Kenny Rogers and the First Edition), I Wonder What She’s Doin’ (Boyce & Hart), Dream a Little Dream (Cass Elliott), Where Were You When Needed You (The Grass Roots), San Francisco (Scott Mackenzie), The Boxer (Simon and Garfunkel) and... I'm leaving a lot out.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Do you have links to any sources that backup your listed credits? (NT)ThanksSunday, December 16, 12:09:25am

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.