VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Joseph Zeller, Penn. politician, veteran of WW 2 & Korea

Author:
Dead at 100
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sunday, December 16, 12:28:37pm

Many in the Lehigh Valley are mourning the death and celebrating the life of beloved public servant Joseph Zeller.

The former Emmaus mayor and state representative died Wednesday at the age of 100.

Zeller devoted his life to serving others. He was in the Navy for World War II and then Korea.

After his military service, he became involved in local politics.

He rose through the ranks from Emmaus councilman to mayor and also served five terms in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives' 134th district.

69 News caught up with Zeller for his 100th birthday party in September when he revealed his keys for living a long, happy, successful life.

"I'm never a negative person, I don't believe in it, and that's why you live longer. I tell everybody to stay positive, it you stay positive and shake hands every day, you're going to live longer," Zeller said.

Zeller will be laid to rest at Fort Indiantown Gap National Cemetery

http://www.wfmz.com/news/lehigh-valley/former-emmaus-mayor-state-representative-dies-at-age-100/932536116

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.