VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: I dunno know about Big Bird, but here's the text of her obit ...

Author:
Link ...
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sunday, December 23, 09:59:06pm
In reply to: Sunfullupagas 's message, "OH MY GOD BIG BIRD DIED!" on Sunday, December 23, 09:14:02pm

Carol Rae Spilman, television actress, died on Saturday, December 15, 2018, at approximately 9:30pm PST, in the Country Villa Rehabilitation Center, a hospice in Los Angeles. She was 62. Brent Butcher, a friend, was with her when she passed; and he reported that she died peacefully.

I had spent several hours with Carol earlier in the afternoon, along with Loyd, a small terrier mix that we adopted. She was my good friend for more than twenty-five years, and it will be difficult for me to continue my life without her. I loved her very much, even though our relationship could be difficult at times.

Carol will be cremated and returned to Clear Lake, Iowa, her home town, for burial in the family plot near her father, Loyd Spilman. Services in Clear Lake and in Los Angeles are pending.

She is survived by her mother, Gladys Baker, of Clear Lake; a sister, Kathy Baker; a sister, Sheryl Johnson; a niece, Amanda Baker, of San Diego; a niece, Liz Bauer; a nephew, Dusty Johnson; and a niece, Alli Johnson, of Arizona.
Carol was a television actress who had roles in ABC's "General Hospital," and various nighttime sitcoms throughout the 1970s and 1980s; such as "Three's Company;" "One Day at a Time;" "Boys Will Be Boys;" "Rescue 911;" and "The Golden Girls." Her IMDB page can be found at …

http://www.tributes.com/obituary/read/Carol-Rae-Spilman-106675079
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2812291/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

She also appeared as a contestant on more than a dozen game shows during her career. Carol was an animal lover, who had three dogs and a cat as pets during her lifetime. Her dogs–Andy and Buddy, and her cat, Rusty; were cremated as they died; and their remains will be interred with Carol's remains, as was her last wish during life. Her dog Loyd; named after her father, is still living, and will remain with Larry, Carol's longtime friend.

I will be adding photos and videos to this memorial website, so check in from time to time for new content. Please feel free to add your own photos and memories to Carol's memorial, and if I have made any factual errors, please let me know of that, as well.

~Larry Luntsford

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
You're confusing her with Carroll Spinney (NT)Big BirdSunday, December 23, 11:59:44pm

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.