VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Anita Ellis, Ghost singer died July 1, 2007 at 87? (Dubbed Rita Hayworth's "Put The Blame on Mame")

Author:
According to Wikipedia
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Thursday, December 27, 09:31:43am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anita_Ellis_(singer)

Here's what their source is...doesn't mention that death date...but reads like she did die.

http://www.newyorksocialdiary.com/social-diary/2008/getting-colder

"The cover of the program is of Rita Hayworth in a costume from her famous film “Gilda” in which she sings her (then) famous “Put the Blame on Mame.” Hayworth’s singing voice was actually dubbed by a well known vocalist of the day, Anita Ellis.
Anita Ellis, born Anita Kert, was also the sister of Larry Kert who played the original role of “Tony” in “West Side Story” (singing “Maria” and “Tonight.”)
I knew Anita Ellis late in her life because she was a neighbor of mine on East End Avenue. We first met when she’d walk on the Promenade where I took my dogs. One day she told me that she had been diagnosed with Alzheimers.
As months passed, she continued visit the Promenade, and eventually in the company of a care-giver.
For a long time she was quite aware of her situation and although she didn’t discuss it with me, she’d refer to it when we met. Until the day came when I saw her and she was unable to recognize and/or communicate with me.
And then finally when I saw her on her outings, she was completely gone, her self having departed. She was a lovely, sweet, gentle woman, like the woman whose voice she dubbed 50 years before in “Gilda.” Anita. "

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
IMDBLinkThursday, December 27, 06:44:00pm
It looks like the Wiki page previously cited the Findagrave of an Anita Ellis who died on July 1, 2007 - but the Findagrave Anita Ellis was too young to be the singer, and the reference was removed (NT)The Wiki death date ought to be removed as well, as all that seems certain is the singer Anita Ellis died before late 2008Thursday, December 27, 07:19:17pm

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.