VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: I still say the best Thomas screen scene came with his diatribe of Bill & Tania Rose's screenplay of "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, World"! ~Classic! ...

Author:
Terry-Thomas was the best!
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 11:16:16pm
In reply to: Actor 's message, "Archive: Terry- Thomas, Jan. 8, 1990" on Tuesday, January 08, 06:43:04pm

Link ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrKMJ8u94gc

J. Algernon Hawthorne:
"I must say, if I had the grievous misfortune to be a citizen of this benighted country,
I should be the most hesitant at offering any criticism whatever of any other".

J. Russell Finch:
"Wait a minute, are you knocking this country? Are you saying something against America?"

J. Algernon Hawthorne:
"Against it? I should be positively astounded to hear of anything that could be said FOR it.
Why, the whole bloody place is the most unspeakable matriarchy in the whole history of
civilization! Look at yourself, and the way your wife and her strumpet of a mother push you
through the hoop! As far as I can see, American men have been totally emasculated. They're
like slaves! They die like flies from coronary thrombosis, while their women sit under hairdryers,
eating chocolates and arranging for every second Tuesday to be some sort of Mother's Day! And this
positively infantile preoccupation with bosoms. In all my time in this wretched, godforsaken country,
the one thing that has appalled me most of all is this preposterous preoccupation with bosoms.
Don't you realize they have become the dominant theme in American culture: in literature,
advertising and all fields of entertainment and everything. I'll wager you anything you like:
if American women stopped wearing brassieres, your whole national economy would collapse overnight."

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
I will never forget when huge 1980s star Dudley Moore led the way, chamioning for benefits to honor the destitute Terry-Thomas and his health and welfare. Who would have thought 20 years later, Dudley Moore himself in the worst health and dire finances, would himself need others to rally for his end?? ...Sad.Tuesday, January 08, 11:29:45pm

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.