VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Roger Charlier (Henri Rochard) wrote 1949s "I Was A Male War Bride," starring Cary Grant

Author:
Dies at 96
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sunday, January 13, 10:17:04am

Roger Henri Charlier
1921 - 2018

When Cary Grant plays your father in a major Hollywood movie about WWII ("I Was A Male War Bride"), it all seems too big for a young boy to grasp. Then, in time, it becomes clear that at the end of the day he's just your Dad and that's how you knew him best. Still, with decades of international accolades, scientific honors, hundreds of publications, military medals, multiple academic degrees, seven continents visited and seven languages spoken, and appointments at several universities, it's always right there how much this man has meant not only in your own life but also in the lives of people across our globe. Many in Chicagoland know him best from years of teaching Earth Sciences at Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU) and taking hundreds of students around our planet to protect our oceans, while giving them an international perspective about the much larger world in which we live. Born in Antwerp, Belgium on November 10, 1921, my father took his last breaths at age 96 on September 16, 2018 in Brussels, Belgium. Au revoir mon pre. Je suis seul sans toi. Tu me manques. Roger is survived by me, his son, Jac Charlier, and my children, Jean-Luc, Nina, and Soren. They fondly knew him by the French "Bon Papa." His daughter is Constance Charlier-Axelrod, and her children are Ceara and Tressa. He was preceded in death by his first wife Catherine (played by Ann Sheridan) who he will be interned alongside at the US Military Cemetery in Long Island, NY, and his second wife, Patricia, who he will be interned alongside in Minnesota. In Belgium, Marie-Claire remains his eternal companion. A memorial service will be held on Saturday, October 20 at 5 PM at Christ Lutheran Church, 3253 W. Wilson, Chicago. Immediately following (not at the church) will be a celebration of Roger's life from 6:30 PM until all the Stella Artois, pomme-frites, gaufres (waffles), Leonidas (pralines), and moules (muscles) are gone. Please RSVP for celebration details to: jac.charlier@gmail.com or (773) 266-1420. Donations to support women veterans may be made to The Women In Military Service Memorial.

Published in a Chicago Tribune Media Group Publication from Oct. 8 to Oct. 9, 2018.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/chicagotribune/obituary.aspx?n=roger-henri-charlier&pid=190421067

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
IMDb & other info-Sunday, January 13, 10:17:48am
Actually, his 'story' was developed into a film with Cary Grant & Ann Sheridan. Three other accomplished screenwriters wrote the actual script for the film. (NT)To my knowledge Charlier had no other writing credit.Sunday, January 13, 11:09:33am

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.