VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Betty White Celebrates #97!

Author:
Golden Girl
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Thursday, January 17, 05:29:51pm
In reply to: jlp 's message, "Jan.17th~Happy 104th Birthday! Holocaust Survivor Thomas James Stretch, WW2 Figure Dan Tolkowsky is 98, Astrophysicist Epaminondas Stassinopoulos is 98, Politician Luis Echeveria is 97, Actress Betty White is 97, Actress Sally Demay is 97, Gov't Official Newton Monow is 93, Actor Pia Arnell is 90, Actress Anne Kyriakou is 90, Actor Philip Latham is 90," on Wednesday, January 16, 09:04:23pm

HOME TV BETTY WHITE TURNS 97 — AND CELEBRATES WITH CAKE AND POKER!
Betty White Turns 97 — and Celebrates with Cake and Poker!

CHRISTINA DUGAN January 17, 2019 04:16 PM
Happy birthday, Betty White!

The television legend turned 97 years old on Thursday and is planning on celebrating in the best (and classiest!) way ever.

“Betty is feeling great,” a rep for White tells PEOPLE. “She has the absolute best sense of humor.”

White is planning on ringing in the big day with a poker night with close friends whom she’s played with for years. And obviously a birthday wouldn’t be complete without cake! There will be plenty of cake to go around, as well, the rep confirms.

Last September, White took the stage at the 2018 Emmy Awards and reflected on her senior status.

“Somebody said something the other day about first lady of television, and I took it as a big compliment,” she said.

Then came the punchline: “And then I heard her talking to her daughter a little later, and she said, ‘First lady, she’s that old. She was the first one way back.’ “

White reflected on her extraordinary career. “It’s incredible that I’m still in this business and you are still putting up with me … It’s incredible that you can stay in a career this long and still have people put up with you. I wish they did that at home.”

Last year, the six-time Emmy winner revealed to Parade magazine the secrets to living along life.

“Accentuate the positive, not the negative,” she said. “It sounds so trite, but a lot of people will pick out something to complain about, rather than say, ‘Hey, that was great!’ It’s not hard to find great stuff if you look.”

As for eating for longevity, the actress does not limit herself to kale or health foods, but said instead she opts for consuming things she loves, namely vodka and hot dogs, “probably in that order.”

https://people.com/tv/betty-white-97th-birthday-plans-poker/

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.