|UPI story must be in error. It gives Whaley's age as 40 in 1993, which means he would've only been 15 when "Summertime Blues" was a hit in 1968 (NT)||.||Monday, January 28, 05:29:14pm|
- UPI article and link -- Links won't work in the subject area, Monday, January 28, 06:33:16pm
- UPI editors would have been more than aware of Whaley's age in 1968, which the article correctly stated in connection with "Summertime Blues" (NT) -- Besides, Steve Winwood, Alex Chilton, and Greg Munford were also actively recording around that same age., Monday, January 28, 07:19:34pm
- His death date has yet to be added to Wikipedia. Despite the facebook reports. (NT) -- As to the 1993 obits. Their claim is that he died under the name Howard E. Walls (7-15-1951-7-4-1993). doesn't match up with birth date of 1-14-1947., Tuesday, January 29, 01:08:27pm
- Unless, of course, Whaley wasn't really born on 14 January 1947 (NT) -- so we need reliable source(s) for his birthdate and real name, which Wikipedia hasn't supplied yet., Tuesday, January 29, 01:27:34pm
- The 7-15-1951 to 7-4-1993 dates, not in the UPI article, would line up instead with a death age of nearly 42 (instead of 40) (NT) -- and an age of 16 (instead of 15) when "Summertime Blues" peaked at #14 in 1968., Tuesday, January 29, 01:46:10pm
[ Contact Forum Admin ]
Forum timezone: GMT-8|
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.