VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Actor Albert Finney

Author:
Dies at 82
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Friday, February 08, 06:12:55am

Link...
https://kdow.biz/news/entertainment/british-actor-albert-finney-dies-at-82

LONDON (AP) British actor Albert Finney, the Academy Award-nominated star of films from "Tom Jones" to "Skyfall," has died at the age of 82.

Finney's family said Friday that he "passed away peacefully after a short illness with those closest to him by his side."

Finney was a rare star who managed to avoid the Hollywood limelight for more than five decades after bursting to international fame in 1963 in the title role of "Tom Jones."

The film gained him the first of five Oscar nominations. Others followed for "Murder on the Orient Express," ''The Dresser," ''Under the Volcano" and "Erin Brockovich."

In later years he brought authority to action movies, including the James Bond thriller "Skyfall" and two of the Bourne films.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
IMDbLinkFriday, February 08, 06:14:06am
Big loss! A very talented actor. (NT)Rest in Peace! Job well done.Friday, February 08, 06:42:39am
One of My Faves DerBingleFriday, February 08, 07:54:47am
Academy award nominated actor Albert Finney...Dead at 82...Friday, February 08, 09:56:34am
A huge loss! I will best remember him as sleuth Hercule Poirot in Agatha Christie's "Murder on the Orient Express" (1974). ...PHOTO!Friday, February 08, 09:58:17am
Shame on Hollywood for being more interested in political posturing than talent and never awarding Finney an honorary Oscar. (NT)egee33Friday, February 08, 10:11:47am
  • I couldn't agree more. (NT) -- The younger generation and their political persuasion have ruined not only the award, but the show., Friday, February 08, 10:13:05am
Did you like the 1982 movie "Annie" with Finney as Daddy Warbucks, Carol Burnett as Miss Hannigan and Aileen Quinn in the title role?My takeFriday, February 08, 10:47:40am
Albert Finney was one of those chameleon actor of the 1960s/70s, when he was his BEST at becoming others, in roles like title role of "Tom Jones", "Murder on the Orient Express", "The Dresser", and "The Duellists" -and nominated FIVE times for Oscar! (NT)I even liked his character roles in "Oceans 12", "Jason Bourne" and his last -007's "Skyfall".Friday, February 08, 01:24:08pm

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.