VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Amherstbee.com Obit ...

Author:
Link
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 06:29:03pm
In reply to: Shawn married fellow Beach Boy Dennis Wilson 's message, "Played Mike Love's daughter Shawn in "Summer Dreams The Story of the Beach Boys"" on Tuesday, February 19, 11:49:47am

Link...
https://www.amherstbee.com/articles/diane-gaidry-actress-and-life-coach/

Diane Gaidry, actress and life coach
American film and theatre actress Diane Gaidry inspired filmmakers to pursue creative projects and also started her own life coaching business, called “Vérité,” which means truth.

Gaidry died Jan. 30, 2019, in her Buffalo home. She was 54.

A celebration of Gaidry’s life and her special work with Torn Space Theater in Buffalo was celebrated on Sunday.

Born Oct. 11, 1964, in South Dakota, Gaidry was the daughter of Barbara Cunningham and Thomas Gaidry, and sister of Brian Gaidry.

She attended Amherst Junior and Senior high schools and graduated from the Buffalo Academy for Visual and Performing Arts in 1982.

Gaidry received her Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in acting from New York University Tisch School of the Arts and a master’s degree in psychology from the University of Santa Monica.

She received coach training at Adler International Learning in Toronto.

Gaidry was well-known for her portrayal of Simone in the independent film titled “Loving Annabelle.” She was awarded the Outstanding Actress award at Outfest in 2006 for this performance.

“My friend was the director’s manager, and she told me they had lost their lead actress the week before they were supposed to start shooting. My friend told the director that they should pick me, and they sent me the script. It made me cry. I was really moved by the connection between the two characters,” said Gaidry in a 2018 Amherst Bee article.

In addition to “Loving Annabelle,” she performed lead roles in award-winning feature films, including “The Dogwalker,” “America So Beautiful,” and in Rob Nilsson’s feature, “Need,” part of his 9@Night series shot in San Francisco’s Tenderloin neighborhood.

After returning to Buffalo, Gaidry mostly performed in local theatre, primarily with Torn Space. She worked with experimental theatre director Richard Foreman on the Bridge Project, which resulted in his film, “Once Every Day.”

Gaidry also co-founded the Los Angeles-based, non-profit independent filmmaking collective, Filmmakers Alliance. Throughout her involvement with the collective, she encouraged dozens of filmmakers to take their projects from a kernel of an idea to fully realized creative projects that have played at film festivals around the world.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.