VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Archive: The Notorious B.I.G.,, Mar. 9, 1997

Author:
Rapper
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Saturday, March 09, 12:04:13pm

Christopher George Latore Wallace (May 21, 1972 – March 9, 1997), known professionally as The Notorious B.I.G., Biggie Smalls, or Biggie,] was an American rapper and songwriter. He is considered by many to be one of the greatest rappers of all time.

Born and raised in New York City, The Notorious B.I.G. became a central figure in East Coast hip hop early in his musical career, with his debut album Ready to Die (1994), increasing New York City's visibility in the genre at a time when West Coast hip hop dominated the mainstream.

The album is considered by many to one of the greatest albums of all time, and has been certified multi-platinum.
The following year, The Notorious B.I.G. led Junior M.A.F.I.A. to chart success, a protégé rap group composed of his childhood friends. In 1996, while recording his second album, he was heavily involved in the growing East Coast–West Coast hip hop feud, most notably against former friend Tupac Shakur. Wallace was murdered on March 9, 1997, at the age of 24, by an unknown assailant in a drive-by shooting. His second album, Life After Death (1997), released sixteen days later, was later certified Diamond.

The Notorious B.I.G. was noted for his "loose, easy flow", dark semi-autobiographical lyrics, and storytelling, which focused on crime and hardship. Three more albums have been released since his death, and he has certified sales of over 17 million records in the United States, including 13.4 million albums.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Notorious_B.I.G.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.