VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Healthwatch: Deborah Norville

Author:
Undergoing Thyroid Cancer Surgery
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Monday, April 01, 05:16:35pm

https://people.com/health/inside-edition-deborah-norville-thyroid-cancer-surgery/

Television journalists (and women in particular) often get unsolicited comments about their looks — but in Deborah Norville’s case, they may have saved her life.

The Inside Edition host announced Monday that she will undergo surgery to remove a cancerous thyroid nodule that was brought to her attention by an eagle-eyed viewer.

Norville, 60, said the lump was initially non-cancerous.

“We live in a world of see something, say something, and I’m really glad we do,” she said in a video announcement. “When you work on television, viewers comment on everything. Your hair, your makeup, the dress you’re wearing. And a long time ago an Inside Edition viewer reached out to say she’d seen something on my neck. It was a lump. Well, I’d never noticed the thing, but I did have it checked out and the doctor said it was nothing, a thyroid nodule.”

Norville said that it has since morphed into cancer.

“For years, it was nothing. Until recently, it was something,” she said. “The doctor says it’s a very localized form of cancer, which tomorrow, I’ll have surgery to have remove. There will be no chemo, I’m told no radiation; but I will have surgery and I’ll be away for a bit, so Diane will be holding down the fort.”

The mom of three asked that people keep her in their thoughts tomorrow.

“If you believe in prayer, please say one for me and for my surgeon, and I thank you very much,” she said. “I’ll be away for a little bit, but I do hope you’ll tune in to Inside Edition every day. Until then, thanks for watching.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.