VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Fay McKenzie, Actress dies at 101

Author:
1st movie "Station Content" (1918)!
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sunday, April 21, 06:51:24pm

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10157926459553797&set=a.153374738796&type=3&fref=mentions

"Scott K. Ratner
Fay McKenzie passed away peacefully in her sleep on Tuesday morning. From playing Gloria Swanson’s baby in STATION CONTENT (1918), to Gene Autry’s leading lady in several of his films in the 1940’s, to singing and dancing with Groucho on USO tours, to having her house destroyed by Peter Sellers as hostess Mrs. Clutterbuck in Blake Edward’s riotous THE PARTY, she had an amazing career and life (she told me— hilariously— of her surprise that HUAC didn’t come after her: “I don’t know why... I wasn’t in the marches, but I went to all the parties afterward!”). Here she is doing me the supreme honor of making her final movie appearance in the upcoming KILL A BETTER MOUSETRAP— her performance marking not only the first time she worked opposite her son Tom, but also the first century-spanning career in motion pictures! A wonderful lady!"

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
IMDb-Sunday, April 21, 07:07:55pm
Social media post so still unconfirmed. (NT)R.I.P. if true.Sunday, April 21, 08:10:11pm
Another Christian Scientist. Didn't go to doctors and lives to 101. Unfortunately not the same outcome for Georgia Engel. (NT).Monday, April 22, 08:29:16am
Hollywood Reporter Obit-Tuesday, April 23, 09:54:42am
Her death leaves 10 living silent film actors (NT)11 if Doris Oelze is still aliveTuesday, April 23, 12:24:57pm
OMG, I just saw her on TCM's "The Party" just last week! It's a silly little film, but a HUGE farce with Peter Sellers and a great ensemble Hollywood cast of players with Hollywood behind-the-scenes as its background! McKenzie was hilarious as beleaguered wife of studio head 'Fred R. Clutterbuck' (J. Edward McKinley)! -Here she is last year -at 100(!), speaking of the making of "The Party! ... theChroniclerTuesday, April 23, 01:00:25pm

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.