VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: ARCHIVE: May 9, 1989 ~It was 30 years ago the Country music world lost Keith Whitley, whose recordings "Don't Close Your Eyes", "When You Say Nothing at All", and "I'm No Stranger to the Rain" -all #1 hits, ensuring a promising career, until his early death by alcohol overdose at age 33. ...

Author:
Bio & PHOTO
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Thursday, May 09, 05:58:59pm

American country music singer. During his career, Keith Whitley only recorded
two albums but charted 12 singles on the Billboard country charts, and 7 more after his death. ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rF_jr4RGe0

Keith Whitley
[ Jackie Keith Whitley ]
July 1, 1955 May 9, 1989)

Born in Ashland, Kentucky, Whitley grew up in nearby Sandy Hook, Kentucky. Whitley began his career there in 1970, performing in Ralph Stanley's band. Establishing himself as a lead singer in bluegrass music, Whitley moved to Nashville, Tennessee, in 1983 and began his recording career there. His first Top 20 Country Hit single, "Miami, My Amy", was released in 1986. While touring for his album L.A. to Miami, he married country singer Lorrie Morgan. In 1988, his first three singles from his studio album "Don't Close Your Eyes", the title song, "When You Say Nothing at All" and "I'm No Stranger to the Rain" were number-one hits. Years of alcoholism severely compromised his health and he died of alcohol intoxication in 1989 at his Goodlettsville home at the age of 33. His later two singles, "I Wonder Do You Think of Me" and "It Ain't Nothin'", were released after his death.

Learn MORE about the Life & Career of Keith Whitley.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Whitley
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/2864/keith-whitley

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
That would be hard to do - drink so much alcohol that it kills you (NT)RussFriday, May 10, 04:59:43am

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.