VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Disney Animator Milton Quon

Author:
Dies at 105
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 04:11:34pm

Link...
https://patch.com/california/redondobeach/milton-quon-disney-fantasia-dumbo-animator-dies-105

TORRANCE, CA Milton Quon, a Disney animator who worked on Fantasia and Dumbo, has died, according to reports. He was 105.

Quon died June 18 of natural causes at his Torrance, California home, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Quon was "drawing right up until his last days," his son, artist Mike Quon told the news website. In 2005, he was interviewed by the L.A. Times about an upcoming art exhibit at the Chiense American Museum in downtown L.A., and joked about his love for recreating the food he ate.

"I was on a kick there for a while of painting every meal I had," Quon told the Times as he poured through pages of watercolors depicting entrees and salads. "It doesn't matter where I am. In a bank, I'll sketch the people waiting in line with me. On buses, I'd do sketches of the driver."

Quon was born on August 22, 1913, in Los Angeles. He was the eldest of eight children, and his parents were immigrants who came to the United States from China.

Quon started working for Walt Disney Animation Studios in 1939, but he also dabbled in acting and appeared as an extra in films and television shows such as Speed (1994), Sweet Jane (1998) and Chill Factor (1989), among others, according to his IMDb.

As news spread of Quon's death, fans and friends alike took to Twitter.

"Milton Quon was wonderful, brilliant, and talented. Most important, he was a very kind man. He was much beloved," Author Lisa See wrote.

Quon was married to his wife, Peggy for more than 70 years. They had four children and four grandsons, according to the Ministry of Culture, a Los Angeles-based art collective. When asked about the secret to his longevity, Quon would say "A good wife and Chinese food," The Hollywood Reporter said.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
I still can't get over how celebs are reaching 100+ now, more than ever. On the board in recent weeks I've counted about 10 who reached 100+! (NT)Certainly wasn't that way when I was a kid!Tuesday, July 02, 04:22:43pm

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.