VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Actor Rip Torn dead at 88 (1931-2019)

Author:
Colt
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 07:55:48pm

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/rip-torn-dead-larry-sanders-887059

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
I dunno, it kinda hurts my heart that the obit reads "...Artie the Producer on 'The Larry Sanders Show", considering how prolific he was..."Sweet Bird of Youth" (1960), "The Cincinnati Kid" (1965), "Defending Your Life" (1991), and "Men in Black" films, and if you ever saw the crazy art film Maidstone (1970)...he was prolific and different.And of course infamously married 1963-87 to the acclaimed actress Geraldine Page.Tuesday, July 09, 09:20:11pm
This makes Carmen Sevilla the last living cast member of 1961's "King of Kings." (NT)Ted G.Wednesday, July 10, 02:19:38am
Was also in the excellent Freddie got fingered. (NT)Yikes.Wednesday, July 10, 04:28:14am
They were supposed to honor Rip Torn at my college drama department many years ago but some idiot accidentally sent the invitation to Rip Taylor. And Taylor showed up with a new toupe and all. (NT)What a screwup. Hold the confetti. I'm still embarrassed.Wednesday, July 10, 11:30:39am
His most famous role likely as "Scully" in 1985s "Summer Rental" with John Candy and Richard Crenna (NT)and Carmine Caridi who died back in May.Wednesday, July 10, 04:43:13pm
starred in a great movie from '79 called 'Heartland' (NT)wWDIWednesday, July 10, 06:38:21pm

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.