VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: I remember when I saw Norman Mailer's art film "Maidstone" (clip posted above) for the first time, and it freaked the hell out of me! Torn and Mailer in a free-for-all ON CAMERA. Torn ripped Mailer in the head with a HAMMER, then Mailer bit a chunk of Torn's EAR! Crazy! ...

Author:
VIDEO
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 01:15:29pm
In reply to: What a screwup. Hold the confetti. I'm still embarrassed. 's message, "They were supposed to honor Rip Torn at my college drama department many years ago but some idiot accidentally sent the invitation to Rip Taylor. And Taylor showed up with a new toupe and all." on Wednesday, July 10, 11:30:39am

Maidstone is a 1970 American independent drama film written, produced, and directed by Norman Mailer. It stars Norman Mailer, Rip Torn, and Isabelle Dufresne. Mailer plays a filmmaker running for president who makes a movie while campaigning, fights with every political party and his wife, and has his life threatened. Critical reviews were rather negative for the film.

Link
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maidstone_(film)

The film is now famous for the improvised fight between Norman Mailer and Rip Torn. As the camera rolled, Torn struck Mailer in the head with a hammer, intending to "kill his character". Mailer's scalp opened up, and a vicious fight ensued. With the camera still rolling, Torn energetically strangled Mailer until the fight was broken up by Mailer's wife, Beverly, and their wailing children. During the melee, Mailer bit off a small chunk of Torn's ear. The fight, in which the actors called each other by their real names, made it into the film. This "Maidstone Brawl" has over half million views on YouTube, despite the film's remaining 101 minutes having less popularity. ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AzmhorISf4&t=155s

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.