VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: It is a subscribed column, but here's another about Meg and her bird rescue...

Author:
Link
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Friday, November 15, 10:59:30am
In reply to: RG 's message, "Can you please post the full article because I clicked on the link and it wants me to subscribe/sign in to read the full article." on Friday, November 15, 09:31:02am

Link …
https://stacyhorn.com/2007/03/26/thank-you-bird-rescuers-of-new-york/

Thank You, Bird Rescuers of New York. …
March 26th, 2007

This is the great and wonderful Meg Myles, and I will explain why she is so great.
I hope she doesn’t mind that I am using this picture, but come on. Look how gorgeous she is in this shot.

Here’s the story. I saw a wounded pigeon huddled on its side by a wheel of a car on my way home from the library yesterday. I tried to walk on, a million katrillion birds and someone’s going to help me do something about one??? I got two blocks, but I knew I’d be haunted by it so I went back. It was the most pathetic, sorry sight, the little, turned over, partly splayed bird trying to hide behind the wheel of a car. I called Howard and asked him to google “pigeon rescue New York.” He was sure it was a waste of time, nothing would come back, but it turns out there are people in New York City who will help wounded pigeons. I left a message for them, got a box from a jewelry store, and took the pigeon home.

To make a long story short, a couple of hours later I was in the apartment of Meg Myles, who is like a bird first responder. She’ll give them first aid, food, and a safe place to eat and sleep until they can be picked up by the guy who will take them to the vet and then bring them to his sanctuary when they are healed. I was upset and so I didn’t take down the names of all these people. The website that got this incredibly efficient machine started on the behalf of my poor bird is here.

Meg is an actress, has done a lot of Broadway, soap operas, starred in Satan in High Heels, she was a pin-up girl in
the 50’s (my shot must be from that era). She’s also a singer and there was a picture of her and Frank Sinatra on her wall.

But I was transfixed watching her tend to my poor pigeon. She handled him expertly, got him drinking and eating. I was a bit of wreck and her care of him really calmed me down. Meg just called!! The doctor said he was hit by a car and had a broken leg and wing, but they’re going set his breaks, tube feed him, and he should be okay! Pigeons heal quickly and they expect him to be okay in a week, at which point he’ll go up to that bird sanctuary.

I feel so much better. I was part of that efficient machine that made a tiny life better. Thank you, Meg,
and everyone else, Al and Don I think are the other names. I’m sorry I didn’t make sure to get the full names.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.