VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Link to his Facebook page

Author:
Link
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Monday, January 27, 02:42:33pm
In reply to: Where is it? 's message, "can,t find his facebook page." on Monday, January 27, 02:30:02pm

Bob Shane's facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/bobcshane?__tn__=%2CdK-R-R&eid=ARC_T2oRtiNRHosiBVfQWOXtPbpI4jSecRRpBXoG5d3X7UHDZ32dVXrI2EGRhenYJOT7gM0BAfiIt8Uz&fref=mentions

First mention of his death
http://www.facebook.com/liane.soer/posts/10222256950117161

I am sad to report that my uncle (Bob Schoen)
Bob Shane, founder and sole survivor of The Kingston Trio died last night just 6 days short of his 86th birthday.
In 2010 he received a Lifetime Achievement Grammy award alongside Julie Andrews and Dolly Parton.
To me he was just my uncle Bob, while fans around the world adored him as a great singer and fun guy!
I saw many of his concerts growing up, and one my favorite songs, that he rarely sang, but did when I was there, was They Call The Wind Maria. That is why I named my first born Mariah.
I'm so grateful that life took me to Arizona and I wound up living only 20 minutes away from Bob which and gave me a chance to grow closer to him.
For those of of you who do not know who the
Kinston Trio was they brought folk music to the music charts from '56 to '67. The Kingston Trio is the 3rd best-selling artist in the history of Capitol Records, over The Beach Boys, and under Frank Sinatra and The Beatles. Bob toured for near 60 years as a singer/musician.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Here 'tis....Under Bob "C" ShaneMonday, January 27, 02:43:05pm
    "Where Have All the Flowers Gone?"Kingston TrioMonday, January 27, 03:37:33pm

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.