VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: OT: My health update: plus a countdown leading off with a singer soon to be 103 (bless her!)

Author:
Ronnie Allen
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 11:54:36am

Two years after my serious stroke, I am still in recovery mode. I am still in a wheelchair most of the time. I can do limited walking (using a Hemi-Walker) but my right hand remains non-functional and my fingers on that hand don't work: I can no longer play the piano, applaud or do Rubik's Cube. I have become a lefty and am typing this message with the second finger of my left hand. And yes, my voice is affected too, and I no longer do interviews.

My very close deejay friend Patty Vacation (named after WMGM-NYC 50s deejay Peter Tripp) does a daily Top 40 countdown show based on the Cash Box Magazine national top 40 Retail Record charts from the 50s. She does a new show every day with the NEXT weekly chart. Today is her 81st show and she counts down and plays the Top 40 from June 15, 1957: tomorrow she'll do the June 22, 1957 chart.

Today is special because her leadoff artist today, at #40, will soon be celebrating birthday number 103; on March 20 to be exact. I love her madly!

Listening to the music from the period I grew up in, with a new Patty show every day, has been wonderful stroke therapy. Though my life has become limited in many ways, I still have much to be thankful for. And I always to think of my cup of life to be half full rather than half empty.

If you click the following link, you can enjoy Patty's latest show. And if you like it, you can also listen to any of her previous shows, going back to December 3, 1955.

http://jerseygirlssing.com/pvc.htm

P.S. Patty told me she intends to do countdown shows extending to the end of 1968.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Good WishesDer BingleWednesday, February 19, 01:08:25pm
  • You are correct. -- Ronnie Allen, Wednesday, February 19, 02:55:08pm
    • Vera Lynn -- DerBingle, Thursday, February 20, 05:27:05am
      • Reply -- Ronnie Allen, Thursday, February 20, 10:03:44pm
Good to hear from you, Ronnie. Glad to see you are staying upbeat. (NT)NikWednesday, February 19, 05:20:50pm
Ronnie, you are still doing the heavy lifting as best you can. (NT)Ed TraceyThursday, February 20, 04:11:36am

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.