VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Former President Bill Clinton spoke today at Jean Kennedy Smith's Memorial Service; Amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, the virtual tribute was livestreamed. ...

Author:
Kennedy was founder of Very Special Arts, and ambassador to Ireland
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Thursday, June 25, 08:56:09pm
In reply to: And yes, JFK Jr was cremated. 's message, "I think Stephen Edward Smith might be buried at Most Holy Trinity Catholic Cemetery in East Hampton?" on Saturday, June 20, 11:07:03am

Former President Bill Clinton to Speak at Jean Kennedy Smith's Memorial Service;
Amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, the virtual tribute will be livestreamed. ...

BY CAROLINE HALLEMANN
JUN 24, 2020

On June 17, JFK's only living sibling, his younger sister Jean Kennedy Smith, passed away in Manhattan. She was 92 years old. And now,
like so many people who have died during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, she will be honored in a virtual memorial ceremony.

Smith's niece, Kerry Kennedy, who is the daughter of Bobby Kennedy, shared details about the upcoming service on her Instagram account.

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness. Join us for an online gathering of love and thanksgiving for my Aunt Jean Kennedy Smith,"
she wrote. The event will take place on Thursday, June 25 at 11 a.m. EST, and remembrances will be offered by a variety of people including
former President Bill Clinton, Senator Chris Dodd, and Gerry Adams, among several other notable names.

In addition to the memorial details, Kerry recently shared a post about her aunt on Instagram, revealing that it was Jean who introduced
Bobby Kennedy to his wife (and Kerry's mother), Ethel. "My aunt, Ambassador Jean Kennedy Smith passed away in her sleep last night.
She was a mighty woman, founder of Very Special Arts, and ambassador to Ireland who helped bring about the peace process," Kerry wrote.
"She was my motherís college roommate and introduced my parents, whose 70th wedding anniversary was June 17th. She left us with many laughs.
...Rest In Peace, Aunt Jean."

Kerry's Instagram is just one of several social media posts memorializing Jean which have been shared by members of the Kennedy family over the past few days.

Registration for the Zoom memorial can be completed at this link. ...
https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/tradition/a32951203/jean-kennedy-smith-funeral-life-stream-details/

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
I wonder where she was interred? (NT)Anyone know?Friday, June 26, 03:51:50am

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.