VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Interesting article along these lines...

Author:
I don't think it's weird that people wanted some of these people included, but Bryant was an athlete.
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Monday, September 21, 02:54:04pm
In reply to: Likely others as well 's message, "Mythbusters’ Grant Imahara and Emmy nominee Olivia deHavilland were snubbed" on Monday, September 21, 07:12:59am

Nick Cordero was not honored during the 2020 Emmy Awards' In Memoriam segment on Sunday — much to the late actor's friend and former Broadway co-star Zach Braff's disappointment.

Braff, 45, said the award show "passed" on including Cordero (who died in July at age 41 after a months-long battle with COVID-19) in the montage.

"For those wondering: The Emmys chose to leave Nick Cordero out of the memorial montage," he tweeted on Monday. "I had no idea one had to campaign to get their loved one in. We did. They passed."

Braff also tweeted a note he apparently received from Emmy staffers that said, "Those involved in the In Memoriam selection process are very aware of the sad passing of Mr. Cordero due to coronavirus and we assure that his name has been given every consideration for inclusion. With so many people passing in any given year, we simply cannot ensure any particular individual is included, nor do we release the name of those included prior to the telecast."

Though Cordero was primarily a Broadway star, he had a recurring role in CBS's Blue Bloods and made appearances in Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Queer as Folk and Lillyhammer.

Braff also noted that the In Memoriam segment excluded his late Scrubs co-star Sam Lloyd, who died at age 56 in May from lung cancer complications.

"I should mention too, that they also left out Sam Lloyd," he tweeted. "I would have never even considered 'campaigning' for Sam because he had more TV credits than most actors I know."

Fans on Twitter also pointed to the exclusions of Kobe Bryant, who died in a tragic helicopter crash in January; Kelly Preston, who died in July after a two-year battle with breast cancer; and RuPaul's Drag Race queen Chi Chi Devayne, who died in August. (Devayne, however, was honored in during the In Memoriam segment of the Creative Arts Emmys.)

H.E.R. performed during Sunday's tribute, singing a moving rendition of "Nothing Compares 2 U" by Prince, also famously covered by Sinéad O'Connor. Among those honored were Naya Rivera, Fred Willard, Diana Rigg, Chadwick Boseman, Carl Reiner, Jerry Stiller, Diahann Carroll and Regis Philbin.

https://people.com/tv/emmys-2020-zach-braff-calls-out-nick-cordero-sam-lloyd-exclusion-in-memoriam/

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Oh yeah...I forgot about Sam Lloyd (NT)He should have been includedMonday, September 21, 03:13:13pm

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.