VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Full obit (Not TMZ)

Author:
Link
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 01:02:06pm
In reply to: TMZ 's message, "Rocker Eddie Van Halen dead at 65. ..." on Tuesday, October 06, 12:41:06pm

https://www.kxxv.com/entertainment/l...dies-at-age-65

Legendary rocker Eddie Van Halen has died at the age of 65 according to his son who posted on social media Tuesday.

ďI canít believe Iím having to write this, but my father, Edward Lodewijk Van Halen, has lost his long and arduous battle with cancer this morning,Ē the statement from Wolfgang Van Halen reads.

The elder Van Halen had been battling throat cancer for over a decade.

ďHe was the best father I could ever ask for. Every moment Iíve shared with him on and off stage was a gift. My heart is broken and I donít think Iíll ever fully recover from this loss. I love you so much, Pop,Ē his sonís statement reads.

Eddie Van Halen, along with his brother Alex on drums, bassist Mark Stone, and singer David Lee Roth, founded the band Van Halen.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Kind of a waste. There are no details in your "KXXV" news scoop, with only 6 sentences. (NT)TMZ yet again scoops all and with details.Tuesday, October 06, 01:08:15pm

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.