Thursday, April 10, 2014 – VoyForums News: 'Heartbleed' vulnerability in OpenSSL
VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
FUND FREE MAMMOGRAMS
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]
Subject: The Hairbrush

Author:
Joe
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 15:03:28 04/16/13 Tue

My dad never hand-spanked me or my brother. He always used an implement. His favorite spanking implement was a long-handled, heavy-duty wooden spoon with a circular head about 3 inches across. Spoon spankings were wickedly painful, but on a few occasions he used our mother's wooden hairbrush. It was one of those classic brushes, probably from the 50's, and I believe it was made of solid rosewood. That baby burned our butts, and left us hollering and making puddles of tears on the floor. My dad applied it much like he did the spoon. He started out hard on the tender lower half of our bared bottoms, then moved up to the meatier middle section, and then back down so he could finish us off with a good dozen smacks on the upper thighs, right below our buns. He generally gave us 2x to 3x our age, but that varied depending on the crime.

I'm curious what other people's experiences are with the hairbrush. What kind was used on you, or what kind do you use on your kids? Was it applied to your bared backside? How many swats did you get? What did it feel like, and what was your reaction to the hairbrush?

Why do you think the hairbrush became such a classic spanking implement, and do you think mothers use the brush more than dads?

If you have other thoughts about the brush, it would be interesting if you would share them with the group.

Joe

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: The Hairbrush

Author:
Joe
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:19:00 04/17/13 Wed

I guess I'll be one of the first ones to reply to my own message, but I was just thinking about a hairbrush that one of my best friends' mother used. In this case, my friend was a girl. She was one of my neighbors growing up, so I knew her from a very young age. We were good friends from about 4 to 12, but remained friendly with each other all through high school. Anyway, because she was such a tomboy, we'd get ourselves into all sorts of trouble, and our mothers had agreed that either one of them could discipline us. Her mother used a brush that I earlier called a hairbrush but was in fact a wooden clothes brush. It had a long handle, and the spanking part was like a long oval, about 7 inches long but only about 2 inches wide, but that thing felt like it was taking a layer of skin off it stung so bad. I felt it a couple of times, but what I remember the most was my friend, Sarah, getting it. Sarah was a screamer. We could usually hear her from our house, but there was a good reason why, her mother was not afraid to lay it on, and always on a bare bottom. Mrs. Von was a serious woman, and she gave serious spankings. Sometimes, I'd see Sarah's two younger brothers get it. Mrs. Von didn't care if I saw them get their bare butts spanked. They saw my bare butt get it, and on one occasion, Sarah, her little brothers, and I all got it for eating all the cookies that Mrs. Von had made for the bake sale. She went to the hall closet, grabbed the clothes brush, and baked our butts before baking another batch of cookies.

Joe

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Author:
Cordelia
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:37:03 04/19/13 Fri

I started spanking with the back of the hairbrush when my son was 8 and I realised that something more than a mother's hand was needed to make an impression on a determined little boy.

It was a brush I had owned since I was a teenager with long hair. It had nice rounded edges and I was very pleased with the results when I tried spanking with it. It felt very safe to use but obviously stung much more than my hand.

As a mother I liked the intimacy of over the knee spanking, and I found that the hairbrush could make even a tough 12 year old bawl like a toddler.

[> [> Subject: Re: The Hairbrush

Author:
Brucie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:06:35 07/08/13 Mon

Cordelia, when you said "As a mother I liked the intimacy of over the knee spanking," I would think it made a real difference in Jack responding positively to his punishment as well. The whole spanking experience was ultimately nurturing.

A loving mother's lap; you showed how it could be both the staging ground for no-nonsense correction, but also a safe haven for emotional rebalancing and reassurance that the spanking was the punishment - and the punishment was over.

I never had the fullness of that mother/son relationship with my mum growing up. I'd have much rather been taken over her lap for a spanking than left with her annoyance and disappointment in me - as someone, for the moment, unworthy of her affection. We became great friends in the last years of her life, but as a boy, I'm sure I'd sooner have had my bottom hurt than my feelings.

Author:
Cordelia
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:53:45 07/13/13 Sat

When you are 10 a sore bottom and a good cry and cuddle with Mum solves most discipline problems and I like what you say about my lap being the scene for both. It is was quite humbling for me that, having taken away all Jacks control and pride, I was the only one who could put it back.

The rule seemed to be that the bigger the tough guy act at the start of the spanking, the longer the cuddle after it was over. I was always careful to spank the tough guy out of him.

As I was all Jack had in the world I never used withdrawal of attention as a punishment in fact I gave him more attention that he could handle.

Author:
Deb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:34:29 04/20/13 Sat

Used the hairbrush in our house since about the age of 7. I agree that it does feel safe to use also. As time goes by it gets used less and less, but yes it does make the older ones bawl like a toddler.

Author:
Ann
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:37:39 04/20/13 Sat

As a mom who spanks with a hairbrush, I posted a lot about this on the dormant "spank with love" forum. I think any similar broad flat wooden object (like a paddle or spoon) will have the desired affect, that being to make a memorable punishment of a good stinging bottom.

I think hairbrushes have been associated with moms because they are essentially pre-constructed paddles, and easy to retrieve on short notice. Because they tend to be short, they also are also the perfect tool for over the knee spankings. In my case and I suspect many others over time, the hairbrush also had heirloom qualities being passed down from mother to daughter. For a time after I switched from my hand to the brush (also because it seemed that the spankings I was giving needed more 'sting') I was indeed using the very same brush that had been used on me not all that many years before.

Author:
Deb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:30:16 04/26/13 Fri

Also use mom's hairbrush here too. When the hairbrush gets used do you remember when it was used on you? Sometimes I do.

Author:
J.P.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:50:52 09/25/13 Wed

Chiming in a bit late here but I think it's basically what Ann says. Hairbrushes are miniature, pre-constructed paddles. I think however the fact that they are small/short in nature not only make the optimal for administering over the knee spankings but also make them extremely effective for spanking a specific area.

I'll explain: While a traditional paddle basically can smack/cover it's entire target, a hairbrush is small enough so that it can isolate specific points on that target allowing the spanker to spank a smaller area. Therefore a parent can administer a much more deliberate spanking which is why most parents (my mother included) chose or choose a hairbrush as their spanking implement of choice.

As an aside around half a year after my mother passed away I was boxing up her belongings deciding what would be given to good will, what I wanted to keep or would be given to other family members or what would be thrown out. I had in the back of my mind that in the process of sorting through all of her stuff that I might find her infamous hairbrush, but I never did.

My best guess is my mother who was never much of a pack rat, simply discarded the thing after I reached adolescence and she ceased spanking me period. I'm sure I would've located it otherwise.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: The Hairbrush

Author:
Cordelia
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:32:54 09/27/13 Fri

"Deliberate" is a good word for hairbrush spankings.

And the small area it covers makes it easy to spank the bottom evenly. If one part was not getting its fair share of spanks you could easily put that right - a bare bottom helpfully shows you where it has been spanked and how thoroughly.

An evenly spanked bottom is less likely to bruise and also makes for a good "dance" afterwards. Whichever handful of himself Jack grabbed turned out not to be where the real problem was.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: The Hairbrush

Author:
J.P.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:11:04 10/07/13 Mon

I agree that "deliberate" is an appropriate term as long as it is not used to communicate the fact that the pace of the spanking itself was slow. My mother usually cut a pretty fast pace in terms of how she spanked. Sometimes she tended to slow the pace down as the spanking wound down but other times the spanks would rain down hard and fast throughout.

Author:
Ann
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:12:33 10/03/13 Thu

I agree, being able to spank precisely where you want and on one cheek at a time is a big consideration. For the past year, my husband has used a short one foot leather strap on our ten year old son on two occasions, and he also can spank much where he wants with this versus a long belt.

Recently he also switched to using a short length of very thin faux wood from a window blind to spank our daughter (seven, going on eight) because he thinks the strap is too harsh for a young girl. The piece of blind is also about a foot long, but very light in weight. While it doesn't look scary, it is whippy, not fragile, but based on her reaction it seems to give an appropriate sting. The one thing about both of these is that the way he uses them (10-12 spanks on average) leaves a very temporary pink color (gone in an hour or two) than the red left by a similar 12 or more swats with my brush (usually gone next day).

I think the main effect of a spanking is to sting, not mark, and my husband may be in the process of converting me from my brush to one of these lighter tools.

Author:
Joel to Ann
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:12:45 10/07/13 Mon

Not that you need my approval (lol), but I completely agree with your decision on delaying the strap for your daughter.

I started getting the strap at 10 or 11 or so, so for a girl, probably 12-13 would be appropriate.

Author:
Cordelia
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:54:40 10/09/13 Wed

Thanks for replying, Ann, and what you say makes a lot of sense.

The only thing I will say is that as a single mother with a lively little boy there were times when a red bottom rather than a pink one was called for!

Author:
d jones (happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:05:27 11/29/13 Fri

My mother felt a job worth doing was worth doing well-- after I threw away the ruler she used for spanking, she purchased a rosewood hairbrush with a longer than usual handle-- and the color of my bottom often matched the color of the wood!

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: The Hairbrush

Author:
Cordelia
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:11:12 02/02/14 Sun

Ouch!

Author:
Joel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:20:52 04/21/13 Sun

I think they became such classic implements because they were so readily available (everyone had one at home), and they could easily be carried in a mother's purse when they were away from home. Whereas, a parent wouldn't always wear a belt, and you certainly aren't going to carry a strap or paddle around or such.

If we were going on a longer trip, the strap would certainly be packed in the suitcase, but for the shorter ones, the hairbrush and horrid white plastic spoon in the purse were enough to either deter me from getting into trouble, or punish me sufficiently if I did get into trouble.

Author:
Arthur
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:33:37 04/28/13 Sun

The Hairbrush was the ultimate sanction for me between the ages of 8 and 12. My aunt was a keen spanker and always believed in a long and vigorous session with the hairbrush on my bare bottom as I lay over her lap. Generally it was at least once my age and ranged up to four times my age depending on how serious or mean she was feeling at the time. The spankings were slow enough that I could feel each whack. The sound used to echo around the room and I am sure was audible to anyone outside in the yard.

Author:
JackP
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:40:39 05/03/13 Fri

My experience with the hairbrush is consistent with many of the postings in this category. It seems to be a spanking impliment popular with women. My mother was definitely an enthusiast. She used a hairbrush that was oblong in shape, about eight inches long and three inches wide. It certainly made for what Ann described as a "memorable punishment of a good stinging bottom." I have strong memories of being over my mother's lap,bare bottom up,getting a tanning that made me "bawl like a toddler" as late as my tenth year.

Author:
David
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:00:04 07/09/13 Tue

In our home, a wooden hairbrush was used on us when we were younger boys. Once we got older, 10-11 or 12, Dad took over almost all of our discipline and he used a wooden paddle or his leather belt. Both Mom and Dad used the hairbrush on us until then. We were always spanked bare bottom and over their knees.

The last time I remember getting spanked with the hairbrush was when I was old enough that Dad had already taken over disciplining my older brother and me but not yet our younger brother. My younger brother was probably 8 or 9 and I was 10 or 11. He and I had just gotten up one morning in the summer and school was out. Our older brother was still sleeping in our bedroom. We went out to the living room to watch television. He and I started wrestling in the living room when we were supposed to be watching television only and Mom told us to stop before we broke something. We stopped and she walked away to another room. Of course, we started wrestling again as soon as we thought it was safe. In about 30 seconds, we wrestled around and banged a side table so hard that a decorative dish fell over and broke on the floor. Made a huge noise.

Mom came out of wherever she was and yelled at us for breaking that dish and disobeying her. Since our Dad was away traveling for several days, I guess that she decided that she would deal with us then and there. My brother was still getting spanked by Mom but Dad had taken over for our older brother and me. That day it made no difference. My brother and I were still in our underwear because we hadn't bothered to get dressed yet after getting up. That was standard procedure in a house full of boys but it would have made no difference if we had been dressed.

Mom walked out of the living room but was back in the living room in two seconds with her heavy wooden hairbrush. My brother and I knew what was coming because she was so mad. I may have thought that she would only spank him and let our Dad deal with me when he returned but there was no time to think too much about that. She sat down on the sofa and grabbed my younger brother by the arm, pulled him over her lap and yanked his underpants down to his ankles. Mom then spanked his bottom very hard for a couple of minutes at least. I have no idea how many swats he got with her hairbrush but it was a lot. He was crying and trying to cover his bottom with his hands, but Mom pinned his arms down and gave him several harder swats.

I was terrified standing there as I still wasn't sure how this was going to turn out for me. I thought that I was too old to get what my younger brother was getting but it was obvious that Mom was really pissed at us. Mom finished spanking my brother and pulled him off her lap and put him in a corner of the living room facing the wall. He was sobbing the whole time.

Mom sat back down on the sofa and told me to get over her lap. I had no choice but moved too slowly I guess because she grabbed my arm and pulled me down over her lap. She also yanked my underpants all the way down around my feet and started spanking me hard with the hairbrush. I have no idea how long she spanked me but she spanked longer and harder than I remember ever being spanked by her. She said something about me being older and that I should have been more responsible than my younger brother and I was getting more swats because of that. She said some other things but I was crying by that time and didn't understand any of it. Like she did with my brother, I also ended up in a corner of the living room facing the wall. She left both of us there and told us not to move. My brother was still crying long after he was in the corner but I somehow managed to stop before he did. Still, my bottom felt completely burnt. Once I stopped crying and got myself together a little, I looked over at him and his butt was bright red. I didn't look at mine then as I was scared that if Mom came back in and saw me looking around, I might get some more from her.

Eventually, our older brother got out of bed and came into the living to watch television. He had missed the whole thing except the sight of his two brothers standing in corners of the room with bright red butts on display. Mom came back in after that and told us to go to our room. We were both grounded for the rest of the day. I was still afraid that I might get it again once Dad came home but I didn't that time.

Author:
PhilD
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:54:53 11/25/13 Mon

I get spanked with a wooden bathbrush which was bought especially for the purpose. It really stings and my mum doesn't even have to bring it down hard. Just a lightish tap from it hurts.

Author:
Roger
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:42:29 11/25/13 Mon

I was spanked by my mother bare bottom with a wooden hairbrush. She usually applied about 20 to 35 swats. It proved a very effective spanking implement.
When my children ,who are grown now, needed to be spanked that is what I used or when they were younger my hand.The hairbrush produces enough pain to be effective on a girl or boy into their late teens.

When I was young most fathers used a belt or strap while mothers preferred paddles or wooden spoons or something similar. Many found that the availability of the hairbrush made it ideal.

Author:
samh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:10:52 12/07/13 Sat

My mother had a long handled wooden hairbrush with a square shaped back that was painted shinny black.

She introduced my bare bottom to it when I turned 12 and used it routinely until I was almost 17. Once bared and over her lap she did not stop spanking until well after I was kicking and bawling like a naughty little boy should.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.