VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345678910 ]
Subject: Mouth soaping

Author:
Nathan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:43:48 12/18/17 Mon

Did anyone ever get a bar of soap put in their mouth for lying or cursing? I never did. Curse words were never a problem for me when I was a kid and if I ever lied I would get spanked but that didn't happen very often either. My cousin once told me that my aunt her mom put soap in her mouth for cursing. My parents never used that as punishment.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Mouth soaping

Author:
Paul
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:28:34 12/19/17 Tue

Yes I got soap in my mouth if I lied or cursed, mum would grab me by the ear and march me over to the sink, lather a bar of soap with warm water and scrub my tongue/mouth with it, it was horrid! worst taste I have ever experienced and after she washed my mouth out she'd put me over her knee and spank me, after that corner time with bottom on display and soap in mouth. That was how it was commonly done in my house.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Author:
Kim
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:21:34 12/19/17 Tue

Mom only did that once or twice but we had an aunt that made a production out of it. She would soap up a toothbrush and brush our teeth with it. She always made sure to get plenty on the tongue. Thankfully, we didnt visit her often.

[> [> Subject: Re: Mouth soaping

Author:
PeterK50
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:29:45 12/21/17 Thu

I got the same mouth scrubbing with the soapy toothbrush treatment for lying. Bent over the wash tub in the laundry room in case I barfed ! Then I'd get the paddle over the knee with me drooling & spitting, the bar was returned to my mouth for corner time. There were always new bars of Ivory Soap in the laundry room cupboard & that was all they were used for.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Mouth soaping

Author:
Paul
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:48:29 12/22/17 Fri

I have never heard of it being done with a toothbrush before was your entire mouth scrubbed with the toothbrush like both sides of teeth, roof of mouth & gums? were you forced to do the brushing or did parent?, how long did it last? and did you ever get in trouble for drooling on the floor after?

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Mouth soaping

Author:
PeterK50
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:42:19 12/22/17 Fri

Paul, mostly more teeth & tongue were scrubbed, although i was not really that good at holding still as you can imagine so there was pretty good mouth coverage with the toothbrush.
I never got in any additional trouble for drooling, not much I could do about that. During corner time with the bar in my mouth after the front of my t-shirt usually ended up soaking wet.

Author:
Dan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:31:34 12/19/17 Tue

More times than I can count. A few times for cursing but more often for lying, attitude, or having a smart mouth. There were special bars of soap that were available for just this purpose. They didn't use the ones from the bath.

I can definitely relate to Ralphie in the movie. I sat on the toilet with a bar in mouth more times than I can count. There was usually a spanking to go with it too.

I remember once when I was in seventh grade my mom just grabbed the bar on the counter of the sink. Usually she had the bar they used before or would open a new bar of ivory. Not sure why it didn't happen this time but this is when "Lava" soap seemed popular. Not sure why, I hated it. Only time I got my washed out with this rocky, grimy, nasty soap. Thank goodness!

Author:
Joel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:54:08 12/19/17 Tue

My cousins and a small handful of friends were soaped along with being spanked. They never got just the soaping, but both.

Author:
PeterK50
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:28:29 12/25/17 Mon

When I was about 11 my mother was telling about soaping my mouth to people at a backyard neighborhood BBQ. Later on a Dad sidled up to me & said "Rinse with milk, the fat cuts the soap, water just makes suds."
It's the best advice I've ever gotten.

Author:
Jer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:44:46 12/19/17 Tue

I had an aunt who washed out a cousin's mouth with soap once for cursing. Never happened to me though.

When living in South America I did try to learn as many foul expressions and words in Spanish as I could. Local kids my age would teach me as foul Spanish as they could (won't find them in any phrase book), and I'd teach them the English equivalent. And we'd both laugh, now knowing how to thoroughly dog cuss anyone we wanted to without them knowing what we were saying.

Author:
Jonathan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:39:09 12/21/17 Thu

When I was 9 something similar happened to me when a foreign family visited. We taught each other "naughty" phrases. Imagine my surprise a week or so later when a neighbor who knew German called my mother. I got my mouth washed out and an extra hard spanking as I had obviously been being deliberate about it.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Mouth soaping

Author:
Dj63
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:43:20 12/25/17 Mon

My mom would lather up a bar of Ivory soap and put it in my mouth and slosh it around real good. I got this when she caught me speaking a curse word or any forbidden word.
Once she wiped my face she took her paddle to my bottom. It was a very unpleasant well a horrible experience. That soap was awful tasting and to have to stand in the corner with a searing butt and awful soap mouth was dreaded. Iwas not allowed any water until released from the corner which was 30 minutes or so. Getting that taste out was not easy.

Author:
Rebecca
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:08:18 12/26/17 Tue

I would get a spanking and my mouth washed out for lying cursing .My girls get a spanking and mouth washed out too.

Author:
Lisa
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:15:55 12/27/17 Wed

I never got soap but if I lied or cursed I got my bottom beat hard with Dad's belt!

Author:
Jimi to Lisa
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:12:32 03/11/18 Sun

Lying always got me paddled bare bottom. I learned early not to lie. My mom some how could always tell when I lied. She would say I'm going to pull your jeans down and raise a crop of blisters on your bottom. And she did. To her lying was very bad.

Author:
Em
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:58:57 04/08/18 Sun

Never got soap in the mouth. My dad was a pediatrician and would not have allowed anything potentially harmful health-wise. Cursing earned us a spanking and lying earned us a really hard spanking. Neither I nor my sister did much of either, though. With my own children I figured cursing was a normal phase of development and so I tried not to punish for that. I just taught them that curse words belonged in the bathroom and so would send them there for a few minutes after using a curse word. Of course they knew not to curse in school or Church or public and I would have given a good hard spanking if they had ever done that. Lying I was very opposed to. It was one of the offenses that would earn them a spanking with "the spankin' spoon." But we did not put soap in the mouth either.

Author:
Christy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:29:04 09/07/18 Fri

Been there. Got it only once for mouthing off to my mom. Horrible. It wasnt like in cartoons where the kid just places the bar of soap in their mouth, she got in there and scrubbed my mouth. Hated it. Took all the soap afterwards and threw it out, and yes, that earned me a trip over the knee.

Author:
Kevin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:33:08 03/09/21 Tue

Heck yeah, if I dropped a really bad curse word, I could expect a soaped rag in my mouth for a while, and then getting turned across a knee for a good spanking.

Author:
Jason
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:13:49 03/12/21 Fri

I received this punishment once from my grandmother. I dont recall what I had said, but she marched me into the bathroom, lathered up a washcloth with soap, and thoroughly washed my mouth with it. It was awful and I was certainly very careful not to curse in her presence ever again.

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.