Thursday, April 10, 2014 – VoyForums News: 'Heartbleed' vulnerability in OpenSSL
VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat for Free
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]
Subject: Worse thing spanked with?

Author:
No Nonsense Mom
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:29:35 04/09/10 Fri

Thru the years growing up at home I was spanked by either mom and dad's hand's,a long wooden spoon,a ping pong paddle and finally the belt.
In school I was paddled a two times with the standard school type paddle.

In all I was probably spanked at home 'about' 100 times from age 6 until my last at age 18 1/2 and NOTHING hurt as bad as the belt being applied to my thinly panty covered bottom and it didn't matter if it was mom or dad applying the belt,it just plain hurt.

What was the worse thing anyone else got spanked with.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Worse thing spanked with?

Author:
JamesA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:30:55 04/10/10 Sat

Once I got spanked with a rod. It was a squared yard stick and it was handy for my Mom when I left the house when I was not allowed to. She Hit me up my thighs and in my bottom and it burned like nothing eles ever used on me. I don't know where it went but I only felt it once perhaps my hyisterical crying and caution in sitting for aw hile made an impact. Her paddle was a 8 in 1-10 in pain but that was 10+

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: Worse thing spanked with?

Author:
Jules
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:03:48 06/09/10 Wed

It was with the belt. Mom gave s good spanking with the belt to put my butt in shape.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Worse thing spanked with?

Author:
skip
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:30:59 09/01/10 Wed

The worse thing i was hit with was my dads razor strop, i recieved it once when i was 9 and the double staps left a hefty mark on my butt. If any one remembers the strop it had 2 straps one was rough to sharpen the straight edge razors used up tll the late 50`s the second strap was to polish the razor. The rough strap tore up my butt and the second one followed the first strap and it kind of drove the first strap

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Worse thing spanked with?

Author:
Alfred
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:54:30 09/11/10 Sat

What I recall was the way the barbers liked to sharpen their razors on the strop. With such relish and generally with a comment about the strop's other rather notorious use. A good friend always alleged that you "have never been 'licked' (his word) until you have been liked with the razor strap." We didn't know the technical difference between straps and a razor strop!

I suspect that its reputation was all a matter of parental use. Any implement used with vigor produces intense pain. I don't think there is anything special about a wide piece of leather that cannot be matched by almost any other standard, non-abusive, spanking implement. It really would be interesting to develop a scale or a meter. Maybe we could settle the unending debate in my neighborhood. "Who got it the hardest?"

Author:
Colin(uk)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:23:14 02/05/13 Tue

the strap for sure over the years i was spanked by mum or dad with hand slipper stap and cane they all hurt but the strap had a different feel and stung like nothing else it was the only type of spanking i asked dad to stop because it smarted so much to no avail he just continued to strap the strap also left my bottom with sore lines acoss booth cheeks a close second is the cane

Author:
Alfred
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:58:35 04/10/10 Sat

No nonsense mom may be right about the belt. My mother certainly would have agreed since she (my mother, that is) got it with the belt and she vowed never to spank me with a belt. We got the belt at the boys club gauntlet runs and even running away and through layers of clothes, you could still feel it for hours afterwards. And, NNM got it more or less directly -- nothing but thin underpants for protection -- ouch!

Author:
Rich
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:06:24 04/10/10 Sat

Growing up no question it was dad's paddle applied to your bare bottom, if a spanking from mom or dad with their hand was an "attention getter" a spanking with that paddle bare rear was an "attention getter on steroids". My eldest two boys also share this opinion.

Author:
jen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:57:50 04/10/10 Sat

switch was the worst and looking back the most efective

Author:
Alfred
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:38:34 04/11/10 Sun

All this is to agree with jen that the switch is a most potent spanking implement.

My mother picked and partially peeled a switch once, "just in case" I was naughty. That particular one never got used on me because I promptly discarded it. Amazingly this was no secret from her or from my dad. But, thankfully I wasn't spanked for it. I suspect that I had felt a switch before because why else would I have been so keen and quick to discard this new and merely preparatory switch?

Almost all my friends got it with switches. My pastors joked about peach tree switches and how lucky we kids were not to have a lot of peach trees handy. I once asked the father of a girl friend why the peach tree switch was so notorious. He smiled and said because "it stays with you so well." I assume he meant the stinging effects stay with you.

Author:
jen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:47:31 04/12/10 Mon

here it is pecan trees that are used for switches .some of my friends switch their kids

Author:
Greg
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:54:12 08/05/10 Thu

Are the kids well behaved ?

Author:
billl (ouch!)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:18:58 07/24/11 Sun

Never got the switch, but a "cat-o-nine tail" made from plastic jump-rope piece left red stripes like an embarrassed zebra.

Author:
Ray
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:23:59 04/10/10 Sat

I remember that when I was around 9 or 10, I went through a phase where I tried to lie my way out of trouble. My mom
would give me the usual strapping for the original misbehavior, but then would add 6 yo 12 strokes with a bamboo garden stake for lying at the end. Nothing hurt worse than feeling that bamboo on an already sore bottom. This seemed to just suddenly happen out of nowhere and I suspect that a neighbor friend must have given her the idea. It definitely made me think twice about telling her a lie after that.

Author:
Karlos
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:12:58 04/11/10 Sun

I agree with you. I got quite a few implements growing up: hand,slipper,spoon,ruler,brush,ping-pong paddle, ... But the worst of all was Dad's Strap. It gave a different kind of pain, the one I never could stand it not matter how old I was (last ones at 15).

I always feared that strap because it only meant big and pure pain that lasted for a long while. Indeed, it worked great for its purpose, to keep us out of trouble.

Karlos.

Author:
CINDY J
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:38:07 11/10/10 Wed

My mom was very adept with her large, evil, heavy hairbrush. On the bare, helpless over her knees, (even at 13) I couldn't help crying, yelping, begging, kicking (which was a big no-no and earned me extra licks). So, I "only" experienced the hairbrush, which was WAY more painful than I ever imagined anything else could be. But reading these posts, I guess there are so many different implements a parent could use to spank that I guess I'm glad I didn't feel the switch, the strap, the paddle, etc.

Author:
Jim (Scared)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:04:56 12/06/13 Fri

The worst was mom's doubled belt. Close second was her big wooden hairbrush.

Author:
Jt
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:14:48 04/12/10 Mon

The switch for sure! When I got a switching I thought I would die from the sting! The belt was bad, but I would take a belt over a switch any day!

Author:
ralph
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:24:17 05/06/10 Thu

20 yr old comm college student whose mom had a paddle made to hang in kitchen with my name on it , very embarrassing and very stinging

Author:
tam
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:24:44 05/24/10 Mon

My mom's paddle had my name on one side, my sister's on the other. I was bad, but I got switched by my aunt and it was the worst growing up.

Author:
Alfred (question for tam)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:12:20 05/25/10 Tue

tam: I was just wondering which side of the paddle you got it with. Did your mom use the side that said "tam" as the spanking side? Or was it the other way around? I am sure each side felt identically stingy.

Author:
Kyle
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:43:43 11/09/10 Tue

Ralph, I'm 19 and go to college. My mom uses her hand, switch or my belt. I can say the switch is the worse.

Author:
Steve53
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:36:51 05/31/11 Tue

My mom used a belt but twice my grandmother got me on my bare butt with a switch for "sassing her." I'd have taken a dozen whippins with a belt before I'd take one with a switch. It really made me dance!

Author:
Susan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:13:04 04/15/10 Thu

I only got it with the hand or hairbrush and I did not like the hairbrush. Mom knew how to use it and my bottom got deep heat from it many times and my panties were always pulled down, my sister and brother got it bare too. Every time I saw the hairbrush I would cringe and start sniffling and pleading not to be spanked, to no avail though. I got spanked.

Author:
spitfire
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:57:24 04/20/10 Tue

I have to agree with Susan as regards the hairbrush !!

A good spanking on the bare with a hairbrush is the worst spanking experience there is. Mom hung a hairbrush behind the door in my room, where I got most of my spankings. Like Susan I started crying the minute she took it from its place behind the door, not to mention the endless crying when she took it to my bottom.

Author:
michael
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:13:24 11/26/10 Fri

Living with my Aunt the worse implement she used was the leather strap. The strap was used if me and my cousins(either one or two) were very naughty together. After ordering us to the bedroom she would give the lecture and then order us all to lower our pants and underwear down to our ankles and lay face down on the bed. My Aunt would then whip our bare behinds until we were crying and howling for mercy!

Author:
Clem
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:15:54 04/16/10 Fri

The one time I got the cane at school really hurt like anything and it was certainly the most painful thing I was spanked with. The one good thing about it that Mum could see how much it had hurt and that I'd had enough so didn't spank me again as she may have done as I'd been caught smoking. As it was it was the best thing that happened as my behavior was concerned as the cane made a big impression on me in more ways than one!

Author:
Alan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:28:21 04/16/10 Fri

At the age of eleven I was spanked with the rubber hose from a bunsen burner for fooling around during a chemistry class. I am not sure it was the worst thing I was ever spanked with but it certainly had a sting.

Author:
Dave
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:24:23 04/17/10 Sat

The spoon. I hated the thing so much. Luckily I only ever got it a few times it my life, but boy did it hurt.

Author:
Jacob
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:28:53 04/17/10 Sat

The worst thing I think I ever got spanked with was a hot wheels track. For those who don't know what that was, it almost like a strap made out of thin orange plastic. I got it the first time for not putting away my hot wheels when I was done playing with them, then mom and dad realized how effective of an implement it was, and continued to use it.

Author:
Bri
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:33:44 04/21/10 Wed

Hmm, hand, hairbrush or slipper? I have to go with my father's rubber soled slipper, even though the soreness from a spanking with the hairbrush hung around longer afterwards, the intense burn from a flexible rubber sole felt worse while I was actually getting it - and my sister would agree!

Author:
cindy (pensive)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:57:49 07/21/11 Thu

my sisters and I always agreed that mom's leather slipper was the worst. This woman's hand was hard and hurt plenty and I felt her hairbrush on occasion as well as a small ping pong paddle, but the slipper was the worst and you would feel the sting for days. Thanks, Cindy

Author:
Sadia
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:53:04 04/21/10 Wed

Out of leather straps and belts, rulers and the cane used at school, and the exercise sandal and the cane at home I think it's the cane!

Sadia

Author:
Bill
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:48:44 06/02/11 Thu

In response to Colin and Alfred regarding spankings with a folded extension cord which I received from my stepdad. It is true that the extension cord leaves very clearly visible marks, however so does the wooden paddle, the wooden hairbrush and the strap. I suppose the major difference is that marks from the cord take longer to go away. These spankings occurred 30 years ago. Today they would be reported to social services.

Author:
Bill
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:35:59 05/07/10 Fri

The worst thing I was ever spanked with was an extension cord. My stepdad usually spanked with a wooden hairbrush or leather strap, but for extremely serious offenses he used an extension cord. The sting of that thing across your bare fanny was enough to send you into orbit.

Author:
Alfred (for Bill)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:13:39 05/14/10 Fri

Bill, your post seemed to end this very interesting thread. Perhaps my defense of your stepdad will prompt further conversation.

All the CPS social service workers are trained to photograph and then prosecute parents who spank with cords. I have always understood this. The marks are easy to spot and they are taken as conclusive proof of mistreatment. But, I have never particularly agreed with the policy. Any serious traditional caning also leaves absolutely recognizable and photographable injuries.

Recipients of "three of the best" used to call the double welts a cane leaves "tram tracks." The recipients in question were often children of the British aristocrats sent away to boarding schools just so they could experience this sort of discipline. So, is it really not just cultural relativism to regard cane marks as a method of producing gentlemen and world leaders and to call cord marks conclusive evidence of mistreatment? Class bias is at work here, in my never very humble opinion.

Author:
Colin Templeton
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:48:10 06/15/10 Tue

In response to Bill and the "class bias" of "cords" and the "Cane" when I was at a boarding secondary school in the early-mid 80's all of the teachers were allowed to cane or slipper the boys .. Most of them didn't or just used a gym shoe, however one of the teachers I suspect really enjoyed it .. his lecture would end with (words to this effect) "If your parents were working class and did to you what I'm about to do to you, they would be arrested for child abuse, count yourself lucky that they can afford the fees that excuse us all from that sillyness" and then he would ask you to bend over the back of a chair and give you six of the best ..

Oddly I don't think he liked caning so very much .. he was a very very strange man and loved being cruel to people .. Once he was teaching history and one of the boys asked to use the toilet .. the toilets were very close so there was no reason why the boy should not have gone .. There were only 15 mins left of the lesson so he could have said "wait to the end of the lesson" but as we were in a science lab he turned on the sink tap so that it ran and splattered against the sink .. Sure enough the boy (aged 14) then wet himself .. and when he asked to be excused .. was then mercilessly taunted by this teacher until he was in tears .. The teacher then held him behind until the queue for the next lesson had formed outside and then told him to leave and encouraged the boys to jeer at him ..

Author:
Alison
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:33:42 06/07/10 Mon

Without a doubt, the worst thing had to be dad's belt, even if it was only introduced to my backside quite late in my spanking "career". In our house, spanking methods changed at specific intervals: bare bottom with the hand when my sister and I started school (before that it had been on the fully clothed bottom); the hairbrush whenever mum wanted something a little harder than normal from age eight or so onwards; and dad's belt as an option for the worst offences from when we started secondary school.

That belt of dad's, given bare backside with us lying face down on the bed, could drive my sister and I to hysterical sobbing inside ten strokes - but we usually received about twice as many.

Author:
Rainman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:34:13 06/07/10 Mon

A belt on the bare butt was most common and stung like crazy but my Godmother had this flat sided wood stick that she used to spank us with and that thing on a bare butt had probably the worst sting effects I ever felt. I'm glad my parents didn't adopt it's use.

Author:
marcus
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:54:12 06/14/12 Thu

Riding crop on the bare bottom from my aunt. It makes me shudder even thinking about it now

Author:
Cara
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:14:52 06/21/10 Mon

Definitely the belt! Ouch! When we were little dad spanked us with his hand. My dad started spanking us with the belt when we were around 8 years old. Even fully clothed it hurt very bad.

When we were little my mom used a wooden spoon or her hand to spank us. My mom spanked us with the belt when we were older as well. She made us bare our bottoms every time, and that really HURT.

Author:
Alfred
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:31:39 07/26/10 Mon

I got the hand, the yardstick, and probably the switch. I say probably because I have no memory of it but I know I knew what the switch felt like because I disposed of one that had been cut "just in case." I suspect that almost any way of spanking is as bad as any other. As kids, there was a lot of machismo status involved in getting it and claiming not to mind getting it. I think the implement that had the highest status was the belt. My mother had felt the belt and she vowed not to use it on me so that made it very scary to me. Other kids usually got spanked with the yardstick or with the hairbrush. A few got the belt and those that did, talked about it. So, in terms of image or reputation, the belt ruled!

When I joined boys clubs and actually felt the belt, admittedly not bare bottom, it didn't seem that bad or that different from the yardstick. I suspect that the "beauty" (or intensity) of a spanking implement is all in the bottom of the "beholder" (or recipient). They all sting like the dickens and leave you wishing you had made different choices. Your mental image of the implement probably adds a whole lot to the impression it makes.

Author:
Bri
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:00:05 07/27/10 Tue

I agree. No matter what I was getting spanked with, hand, slipper or hairbrush, it all stung like crazy, but the slipper, or rather The Slipper was more scary to us when we were little, partly because of the instant burning effect, but I realised much later that what made it so scary was the noise it made as it smacked, a really loud, pistol-shot type crack, that added hugely to the psychological impact.

Author:
Alfred (for Bri)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:35:39 07/29/10 Thu

As kids we had many discussions of what stings the most. I think the anticipatory noise of demo spanks was influential. I remember more than one parent threatening to spank while demonstrating the spanking implement on their own palm. This had to hurt but they would do it in hopes that it would scare us into "minding" as it was termed. Minding meant doing exactly what you had been told to do.

The clearest demonstration I ever saw was my friend's mom who had a special rubber fly swatter. It was kept just for spanking. They had other fly swatters for flies!

Its design was perfect for its alternate use. It was a thin piece of rubber the size of a palm with many holes in it so that there was no air resistance and it had fringe on the bottom edge. His mom was trying to intimidate his sister for some reason. So, she, the mom, was standing there flapping the fly swatter onto her palm Talk about a noise! It went Whap! Whap! Whap! with just a mere wrist flick on her part.

I was amazed that she didn't say Ouch. But she didn't. It was quite clear to those of us nearby that we would say at least Ouch if it landed on our bottoms. So, I totally agree you, Bri. Noise is a big part of it and probably the noise anything rubber makes is amplified.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Worse thing spanked with?

Author:
Bri (for Alfred)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:54:43 08/01/10 Sun

Glad you agree, I really think it had to be the noise more than anything else. The burning sting of getting spanked with the slipper was pretty bad, but even back then I knew that when I got spanked with the hairbrush, I was sore for longer afterwards. But even though we both knew that, we still dreaded the slipper more. The noise of one of us being spanked with that thing could be heard anywhere else in the house. Of course the accompanying howling was even louder...

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Worse thing spanked with? The sounds?

Author:
Alfred (for Bri)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:58:17 08/03/10 Tue

Suddenly I now understand why I was spanked in the bathroom: soundproofing!

It always puzzled me why I got many spankings in the bathroom. Once, it was because I tried to hide out there. This is, for my fans, one of my best stories; the time when I hooked the door and then watched it get opened super slowly be the edge of her spanking yardstick. So, I got it in the bathroom that time because I was already there and because there was no second exit. But I now suspect that the other bathroom spankings were for the sake of not sharing the spanking with the whole neighbourhood.

Anyone else ever get it in the bathroom? If so, did your parents explain why.

Author:
Susan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:10:38 08/03/10 Tue

I missed out on something! I only got it with the hairbrush. To me and my sister the worst spankings we got was with the hairbrush and nylon panties on. The sting and the afterward was OUCH! Mom must have remembered being spanked in nylon panties and she told dad, because if we really had done wrong and were wearing nylon panties they were not pulled down for the spanking and in our opinion the sting was worse than on the bare bottom.

Author:
Linda M
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:19:50 07/18/11 Mon

Susan, Oh! Those nylon panties stung when they were swatted with a hairbrush! It really did hurt more than getting swatted on the bare. And the sting stayed and stayed and stayed. The second swat doubled the sting and all the other swats added to the original sting until you were going out of your mind with the stinging. I was never able to remain quiet. I'd shout when I got the first swat and start to cry when I got the second and by the time I got the fourth swat, I'd be bawling my head off.

My sister and I never wore nylon panties, our mom made us change into them before each spanking. That way we could get a good hard paddling while preserving our modesty - and it meant that dad could paddle us too!

Author:
Grumpy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:52:31 12/04/11 Sun

For those of you who got it both ways, which was worse, hairbrush over clothes or hand on the bare? I only got hand over clothes.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Worse thing spanked with? ONLY the hairbrush (yardstick, ...)

Author:
Alfred (for Susan)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:00:48 07/14/12 Sat

I love how we all are so curious. I especially wondered about the hot wheels track, the razor strap, the round hairbrush like Aunt Fritzi in the comics used, and lately all the variations on plastic spanking paddles.

As noted, I only felt the yardstick, the switch, the belt, my Fuller Brush hairbrush, and various wood paddles

Author:
Dante M
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:50:36 06/21/10 Mon

By far my dad's belt. The paddle hurt a lot especially on the bare bottom but the belt was the worst. My dad folded it when he spanked us which made it that much worse. Even as an older teen I would cry from those spankings.

Author:
Arwen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:12:21 07/28/10 Wed

This is a fun webssite and I'm glad to have discovered it! I have never given as much thought to my childhood spankings before!

The worst implement that I was ever spanked with was my own plastic hairbrush. I don't remember exactly what I said, but I "sassed" my mother in front of other adults at an evening school function -- and my mother was not happy with my behavior at all. She told me on the way home that she was going to give me a spanking once we got to our house, and I remember crying in the backseat of the car, much to the consternation (or delight?) of my older brother and sister.

Like unto our normal procedure, I was sent to my room, told to get ready for my spanking (which meant taking off my pants and panties), and to stand in the corner and wait for her to come. But, like I said in a previous posting, my mom and dad never made me wait for my spankings for too terribly long.

Shortly afterwards, my mother came into my room, pulled a chair into its center (I was still standing in the corner), and sat down in it. She then directed me to come to her and to pick up my own plastic hairbrush which sat on my dresser. My hairbrush was pink, as I recall, but I had no doubt that my bottom was going to be much richer in color by the time my mother was done with me.

Since my pants and panties were already dispensed with, my mother proceeed to lecture me at length, and went through the routine of asking what I did wrong, why it was wrong, and what my punishment was going to be. All this time, the pink hairbrush was still in my hand. After I confessed my crime, and acknowledged that a spanking was in my immediate future, she guided me over her lap. I was still holding the hairbrush. My mommy then warmed the cheeks of my bottom with her hand, one after the other, as well as the middle of my bottom, until the point where I had just begun to cry. (I thought, stupidly, that I could hold out for a long time. If I had just started crying sooner, my punishment would have been shorter.) But very shortly after I had started crying, she stuck her hand out to me, and I knew she wanted the hairbrush. I put it into her hand, and she proceeded to spank my bottom, as well as my "sit spot", with it.

I remember that particular spanking very well. The sting was enormous and I howled. My mother did not spank me with the hairbrush for very long -- I am sure that I received more hand spanks than hairbrush spanks -- but it certainly made its impression on me in several ways. I remember thinking afterwards that I never, ever, wanted to be spanked by it again, and I even considered throwing the implement away the next morning when I went to brush my hair. But I didn't, fearful, perhaps, of what my mother would think or say. She only spanked with me a hairbrush one time after that (for telling her an outright lie), but I remain convinced to this day...being spanked with a hairbrush was the worst implement that my bare bottom ever met.

[> [> Subject: Re: Worse thing spanked with? (the temptation to get rid of it!)

Author:
Alfred
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:45:26 07/29/10 Thu

Arwen describes one aspect of spanking that must be almost as universal as the post-spanking dance! Namely, the temptation to try to end spankings by getting rid of the current spanking implement.

I had modest success with that approach! I say modest because I did actually get rid of a "picked in advance" switch. That implement never even got peeled! I chucked it as soon as they weren't looking and I could move a chair near the icebox and climb up and retrieve it. We really did have an icebox, btw.

I also had this adorably childish plan to get rid of the main spanking implement used on me, the yardstick. I hid it in this great place. A place I was sure no one would look: the middle of my parents' bed. It was a double bed and sure enough the yardstick went missing for a week but on Saturday, the mattress was rotated and flipped and I was undone! fortunately they had a sense of humour!

So, Arwen we can all relate to both your desire to get rid of your own pink hairbrush and to your fears associated with the plan. I have an acquaintance who hid her mom's hairbrush, after she had gotten a very proper spanking with it, in the stack of firewood. It was never discovered but I am not sure if it ever was consumed in flames. I think others here had similar strategies for disposing of those infernal spanking devices.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Worse thing spanked with? (the temptation to get rid of it!)

Author:
Briony
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:07:03 08/01/10 Sun

Yes, I could never get rid of my dad's slipper - it was half of a pair, and he wore them, but I did once put my mother's big hairbrush in the kitchen rubbish bin. I think I thought it could disappear without really being missed - it was used for brushing hair as well, but there were two or three other hairbrushes in the house that could be used for that purpose, whereas only my mother's big brush was used for spanking.
Anyway one afternoon I put it in the bin. I can't remember if my sister actually saw me do it, or saw it later, and I can't think why she didn't theorise that the disappearance of the hairbrush would benefit her also - I suppose the temptation to get me into trouble was too great, because she told my mum.
Fortunately for me, it backfired because Mum too had a sense of humour, that time, she just laughed, and said, "Darling did you think we're too poor to afford a new one!" then she chased me down the hall to give me a playful smack with it.
I was relieved, but I did wonder later why I hadn't thought of a more creative hiding place, like Alfred did. I suppose my overwhelming instinct that the horrible thing should be "binned" won over all other ideas!

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Worse thing spanked with? (the temptation to get rid of it!)

Author:
Alfred (for Bri)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:53:09 08/03/10 Tue

What a blessed break for you. Every once in a while spanking parents found our behaviour cute instead of rebellious. That is what happened to me with my "perfect" hiding place for the yardstick.

"What's this doing HERE!" was their response upon rotating the mattress and discovering a yardstick between the mattress and box springs. They thought it was funny and observed something like what Briony's mother did. "Surely you didn't think we couldn't find a lumberyard to give us another yardstick?" The truth was I did think: no spanking implement, no spanking. Oh well!

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Worse thing spanked with? (the temptation to get rid of it!)

Author:
Bri (for Alfred)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:17:47 08/10/10 Tue

Yeah, I guess that must have been what I thought as well, though it was hardly logical. I guess I was acting on instinct and impulse!
When I think of that incident nowadays, what I think of was how irritated my pest of a little sister was that Mum just took the thing as a joke!

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Worse thing spanked with? (the temptation to get rid of it!)

Author:
Alfred (for Bri)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:33:28 08/17/10 Tue

My parents also took it as a joke although I remember being totally crestfallen that my hiding place had been uncovered (literally). So, I didn't find it funny but at least it didn't lead to a spanking!

Having a sibling and being a witness so spankings of the sibling must be quite challenging in many ways. I am always touched when someone posts here about how upset they got when someone else in the family got a spanking.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Worse thing spanked with? (the temptation to get rid of it!)

Author:
Bri (for Alfred)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:48:32 08/19/10 Thu

With my sister, that would generally depend on how well we were getting on, on any given day! I did generally feel sorry for her when she got spanked, enough so that I remember one occasion when I cried that it had happened, but maybe because she was the younger, I don't think she usually felt as bad for me. Of course, having her tell on me about 'binning' the hairbrush in the fairly obvious hope that Mum would spank me for it was sure sign that things must have been pretty stormy between us at the time - I think this is fairly common with same-sex siblings where the age gap is pretty small.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Worse thing spanked with? (the temptation to get rid of it!)

Author:
Alfred (for Bri)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:45:05 08/29/10 Sun

Only child status was limiting for me and for many others like me. Nowadays parents bring all sorts of peers into the life of their only children. My mother didn't and as a consequence many sharing skills were not developed.

However, from what I read a common way to teach sharing was to tell the kids that failure to share would lose the item for BOTH. This didn't work so well because then there would be a fight over whose conduct got the item taken away. Then this fight would be punished with a spanking for both. So, while I would have been better at some things, given how much I hated spankings, maybe it was just as well I didn't have a near-my-age sibling!

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Worse thing spanked with? (the temptation to get rid of it!)

Author:
Alfred (for Bri)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:28:47 12/04/10 Sat

I suspect that your mum made a mistake in trying to get you and your sister to play together. A fantasy in her mind of what she thought she would have liked growing up.

I don't know first hand but generally siblings get along better when they have their own life. I know of twins who were forced into separate schools just for the sake of developing their own selves.

You and your sister got real spankings for fighting and quite obviously they didn't work. I would conjecture that they didn't work because they didn't deal with the "root causes" of the fighting in the first place.

Maybe others who had siblings can help with this. It does seem really sad that much of childhood was spent with someone who didn't or couldn't or chose not to "play nice" with you. Oh well.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Worse thing spanked with? (the temptation to get rid of it!)

Author:
Bri (for Alfred)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:53:49 12/06/10 Mon

I know that my mother was glad she had two girls who were born so close together, because she had three brothers, but her only sister was more than ten years younger than her. I remember one of the sweetest but saddest things I ever heard her say was a few Christmases ago when she said, "I used to look at you two when you were babies and wonder what you would say to each other when you could both talk!" - we all laughed, because we all knew that as soon as we could, we started arguing.
I think that many of the fights I had with my sister weren't so much because we didn't have separate lives but partly because we did - I already had a strong bond with my cousin, who was born the day before me and lived just a few streets away throughout my childhood. I didn't really need a sister, because I had him, and of course she was jealous.
Glad we get on so much better now.
I think the spankings we got for fighting, or that I got when she provoked me to the point where I felt that I had no option but to hit her, or try to, were not among my parents' Greatest Solutions to anything! My mother was very frustrated and exasperated, she never really got what was behind all our fights.
However, now we are both grown-ups (!), there are times, just OCCASIONALLY, when it is nice to talk to her. Other people know my current self better than she does, but only she has all the history!

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Worse thing spanked with? (the temptation to get rid of it!)

Author:
Bri (for Alfred)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:02:06 08/31/10 Tue

Yes, fighting got me and my sister a fair few spankings, and losing my temper with her for being a major pest and deliberate provocation, got me quite a few more.
Sure, we failed to share toys, I have very clear memories about a doll's house that I thought had been made for me when I was about three or four, that I later found I was expected to share.
But I think quite often when my mother spanked us for fighting - or spanked me for lashing out at Janna when she had pushed all my buttons one too many times - she was frustrated and disappointed. She was part of a large family dominated by boys and her only sister was more than ten years younger than her, and she had longed for a sister to play with. She was delighted that she had two girls so close in age and had thought we would be great companions for each other rather than fighting tooth and nail over everything. One of the saddest and funniest things I remember hearing her say was at Christmas a few years ago when my sister was pregnant with her third child, "I remember looking at you two when you were babies and wondering what you would say to each other when you could talk!"
At the time I remember laughing and saying, "Oh, poor Mum, I'm sorry!" - because of course as soon as we could, we didn't stop arguing until I left home!

Author:
Jenny
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:24:01 05/23/11 Mon

I hid my Mom's hairbrush once and the act was discovered when she was in need of it to tan my little sister's fanny. I had to confess and retrieve it and I got spanked as well. Not too many swats but as a reminder to respect others' property and to show what would happen if I did so again

Author:
Susan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:52:47 08/20/10 Fri

It's odd you should say that as to me seeing a spanking was as bad as getting one. I must admit that I had a morbid curiosity when it came to watching my sister or brother being spanked, unless of course I was waiting to get it next. I can remember about age 8 or so my mom was going to spank my sister and she said to me you come with me so you can learn a lesson to!
I watched as her pants were lowered and mom lectured her, all the while she was staring at the hairbrush. Mom helped her across the knee. After it was over I watched as my sister did her post spanking dance and rubbed and rubbed her heated butt.
I remember that one more than some others I saw. That age must have been fairly impressionable for me, or perhaps even that day?
My parents seemed to feel that if the other kids knew about or better saw the spanking that they to learned the lesson from it.
I remember that day feeling sorry for my sister on one hand and feeling she was deserving of her spanking on the other. Some of my spankings were witnessed to and I always felt worse about what I had done when there were witnesses present than when I got it in private. Go figure.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Worse thing spanked with? A Choice?

Author:
Alfred (for Susan)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:04:59 07/14/12 Sat

I agree that seeing a spanking is very influential on your behavior but would you ever choose to get one over just seeing one?

I know it sounds unloving but I think I was so scared that I would always have chosen to watch rather than to receive.

Author:
Ben
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:59:36 08/05/10 Thu

My boyhood was made up of spankings with the hand (most frequent), slipper (a reasonably distant second most frequent), wooden spoon and a ruler (a few times only each)and the cane (once).

Per whack, the cane was the worst no doubt but was over quickly where at times some of the others could be more drawn out and the fire built up differently.

Author:
Jimmy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:28:01 08/28/10 Sat

Mom's paddle and teachers paddles hurt badly. But Mom had a wooden rod she used sometimes which hurt so bad. It was about 3/8 to 1/2 inch in diamiter and 3 feet long. The first time we saw this was me and my sister began arguing while doing the dishes. Mom walked in and this rod was soem how laying near and she picked it up and smacked me about 5 times and then my sister. we howled and cried. Later I looked and I had red stripes on my thighs and bottom.

Author:
Johan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:58:05 08/25/10 Wed

I agree with many other writers here who experienced it, that the switch has most potent! Any implement can be bad, depenting on how they are used.

There is something in certain trees (birches, pecans and peaches) that seems to make the sting more long lasting than what a belt or a paddle makes. The branches can be pretty thin, but being a flexible implement it does not have to be given very hard to make a good burning impact. And if given harder, then it might cut the skin too. I remember getting a couple of pretty painfull switchings were I thought my butts must have been in a terrible condition - when I finally checked the damages from the mirror, it was almost an upsetting experience: Hardly visible pinkish stripes here and there - vanishing within few hours or so, nothing else!

Having to go cut and prepare a switch for yourself is also one of the uncomfortable aspects of a switching.

Author:
Lacey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:07:22 08/26/10 Thu

My mom was a single parent and she never had a problem with bringing out the black leather belt. I got it at least twice a week for various things such as mouthing off, lying (which would also earn me a bar of soap in my mouth), doing poorly in school etc.
I would be made to go to my bedroom and once she came in I would either have to be face down on the bed or bend over my desk. My clothes were always on when I got the belt but the 20 licks I recieved hurt, regardless. She never left a bruise but my butt would sting for a day or two.
When she did not use the belt she would use her hand or the wooden spoon on my bare bottom.
Ahh, the memories.

Author:
Cory
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:43:50 08/31/10 Tue

Lacey,

Do you have kids? Do you spank them? at what age was your last spanking?

Author:
Jeff
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:03:11 09/04/10 Sat

Lacey: Which would you and your mom have considered the more serious punishment for more serious offenses: The belt over your clothes, or the wooden spoon on your bare bottom? From what you describe, it sounds as though you got the belt more frequently, so I'll guess that the bare spankings were reserved for more major transgressions. Did you ever worry that, if you *really* messed up, she might use the belt on your bare bum, or did you just know she would never do that?

Author:
Cory
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:22:23 09/04/10 Sat

Lacey,

Sounds aweful. I guess i had it easy compared to most. I got it with the hand on my clothes never bare.

Author:
Gary Steven
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:38:01 12/05/10 Sun

Growing up at home we got bare bottom spankings by hand, hairbrush, paddle, bath brush, flyswatter, and belt and other than getting the bath brush used on my bare wet bottom a couple of times I'd have to say the belt was worst by far.

Author:
Cody
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:00:53 12/05/10 Sun

My Dad worked his way through college as a security guard. The company supplied the uniforms, but each guard had to buy his own duty belt, flashlight, etc. Dad kept that duty belt in the garage long afterwards and used it as a tool belt, except when he used it as a spanking belt. It was thick, black, leather, about 2" wide and stamped with a basketweave pattern. It was so thick that he couldn't even double it over, it just made a big circle. So if my brother or I really screwed up (swearing, getting in trouble at school, mowing neighbors flower garden, etc.) we got marched into the garage where he'd coil that belt around his hand, leaving about 2 ft free, and give us a dozen or so swats, bare butt. It stung like wasp bites and imprinted the basketweave pattern on our butts. And if the garage door happened to be open, he didn't care if the whole neighborhood watched.

Author:
Matt
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:10:16 12/15/10 Wed

A leather weight lifting belt. My brother and I were horsing around with my dads weight bench. We took the caps off the barbells and when he went to lift them, the discs slid onto the floor and cracked the tiles. He grabbed the closest thing he could find, which was the weight belt, and laid it across our butts a dozen times.

Author:
stw
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:39:52 12/16/10 Thu

A two foot long stick was the most painful thing I was ever spanked with. It made a horrible hiss before it slammed into my butt, cutting right through the very thin shorts that I was wearing. I only got one blow, but that was enough to force tears into my eyes.

[> Subject: Razor strop - Wooden spoon - Belt

Author:
Chris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:42:40 12/16/10 Thu

My list, in this order:

1) Razor strop, most painful hands down.
2) Wooden spoon.
3) Belt.

Most of my childhood spankings were from my dad. He used his belt to spank and spanked firmly, belt spankings from dad hurt a lot.

During school vacations I often spent some time at my grandparents house, often with some of my cousins. I knew that when my dad was a boy he was spanked by grandpa with a razor strop, because dad sometimes mentioned it and would tell I must consider myself lucky to get spanked with the belt. I thought he was teasing me till I once faced the strop myself.

My grandpa never spanked me or my cousins, however my grandma was not shy to spank, not just me but any of the kids in the house, her grandchildren. She spanked with a wooden spoon, very soundly. As loving as my grandma was, her spankings with the spoon were even more painful than my dad's belt.

One day while at my grandparent's house I went on a frozen pond nearby where I was forbidden to go to and nearly got myself drowned. There was a large panic. After the panic settled and I got a hot bath my grandpa announced that I was getting a spanking. Old razor strop was brought out of closet, I assume the same my dad was spanked with as a boy, and I was ordered to take my pants down and bend over the couch. My grandma held my hands while grandpa set my butt on fire. Razor strop hurt beyond belief. However bad the wooden spoon or belt spankings hurt, there was just no comparison with the strop. Each stroke was nearly taking my breath away and hurting most of my behind at once, it was like a wide stripe of unbelievable fire covering almost the whole bottom at once, breathtaking fire. I was not a stranger to spankings growing up, most with my dad's belt and some from grandma with the spoon, but this one punishment with the razor strop just stands out as being in a league of its own. When my dad came to pick me up and was told of what happened, he frowned at me, but when it came to the part that mentioned razor strop he just smirked.

I was spanked sometimes at home by dad if I did not behave at grandparents' house but this time when we were driving back dad lectured me but said that I did get punished enough. I did.

[> [> Subject: Re: Razor strop - Wooden spoon - Belt

Author:
Cara
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:18:30 01/25/11 Tue

I've never been spanked with a razor strop, but I find it interesting, Chris that you found the wooden spoon to be more painful. My mom spanked me with the wooden spoon. I always found it to be painful, and cried plenty. In my opinion, I still think the belt hurts worse. My dad spanked with the belt, and just looking at him take it off was enough to bring tears to my eyes. He wasn't unnecessarily rough, but it has a certain sting and sharpness to it. I still remember the feeling.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Razor strop - Wooden spoon - Belt

Author:
Alfred
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:03:08 01/28/11 Fri

Like all spanking implements, the razor strop can be used moderately and safely. It has a reputation, I admit. A mom who has several children and who grew up getting hairbrush spankings of a very intense sort used it for her own children because she wanted to take it much easier. She just let it flop scross their bottoms and said it never did anything more than make them a bit pink. She had worked in social services and knew the contemporary standards so she used the razor strop to make a point but not to harm her children. I am sure a lot of parents knew the social customs and conformed to them, regardless of which spanking implement they adopted.

All that being said, I did have a friend who liked to say only he knew what a real spanking felt like and that "you have never been licked until you have felt the razor strop." Strange kid and I always wondered what happened to him. I liked his mom and thought she was fun. Oh well, probably she is long gone. His dad was the one with the razor strop. Mom spanked but used a rubber, for spanking-only, fly swatter -- which once she offered to demo for me. She made the offer because I scoffed at it! I did not accept and very politely expressed my deline!

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Razor strop - Wooden spoon - Belt

Author:
Peter (Razor Strop)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:08:00 01/31/11 Mon

I was tanned almost weekly with a big black strop that was kept well oiled and that was the worst.Over the edge of the bed with pillow under my stomach to elevate my butt.

[> [> Subject: Re: Razor strop - Wooden spoon - Belt

Author:
Darrell (Whoopin)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:23:54 07/08/12 Sun

I only got a few whoopins growing up, but my dad's belt was the beast. He made me put my hands on the bed and said he would start over if I lifted my hand up. I always got 20 licks. Only once did I lift my hands up off the bed to try to block the belt (around # 12) but I never did that again.

Author:
Jessi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:03:48 05/21/11 Sat

I don't know if it's really fair I answer this question because as I shared before I was only spanked with a ruler and a paddle. Accept on one occasion with a belt and twice well for the same thing but two nights in a row a small board that had been a part of a nightstand drawer in one of the cabins. So accept for those three spankings I was never spanked with nothing but the ruler until eight and then the paddle.

And if I forget about those three times I would say the paddle hurt worse and in fact I remember the worse spanking of my childhood being with the paddle and it did hurt the worse.

However in theory though it wasn't my worse spanking that little board hurt the worse, it hurt worse then a lot of my paddling's before it and most of them after it, if I were to be honest about it. I didn't think it was going to hurt. Nope when my cousin who had been spanked with it before me and I met him on the path to take it to my dad to get my spanking told me it hurt so badly I called him a liar. It didn't look like it hurt. Boy was I wrong. It did it hurt badly and to think it was twice as small as the paddle.

As far as the belt goes I only had the one experience with it and to be honest even though I knew better because tears were frowned on and rewarded with bonus swats and tantrums was much worse then tears and I was eleven and too old to behave that way and had to be turned over the knee to get whipped with it. I threw such a tantrum I don't remember what it felt like. I know it left light pink welts on my bottom so he must of not whipped me awfully hard with it because it was nowhere near red like the paddle. I have no memory of the pain it caused though because I was having a tantrum due to be angry at him in the first place and thinking (wrongly again might I add looking back) that I didn't deserve it.

So with all of that in summary I guess what I am saying is what hurt the worse though not the worse spanking I ever got was the little board and I am glad when we went home and left that thing behind and I am sure my cousin was just as glad.

Author:
Alfred
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:37:32 06/04/11 Sat

I vote for the yardstick since it was what I felt and found the most scary. Others have dismissed it. Jenny in some post described feeling its "kiss." That is a fair assessment in that rarely did it ever land flat so that it distributed the sting all the way across your bottom.

The truth is probably that all spanking implements sting like the dickens (hmmmmn a literary metaphor, I suppose). How much they sting is totally up to the parent using them. So, there probably is no one true answer to the question what feels the worst or stings the most. But, parents usualy liked to claim that there was an implement just for when we were "really bad." And, obviously, they could make such an implement sting the most -- just by giving more spanks with it.

All the above being said, I and the kids on my block, would extend to Jenny the most status since the razor strop had the reputation of being the worst. A friend of mine who felt the razor strop a few times always told me that I had never been spanked since I had never gotten it with the razor strop. On that theory though, most of the kids on the block weren't spanked! We would all have denied that big time.

Author:
Jenny
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:14:28 05/21/11 Sat

Wow, that's a tough one. I'm tempted to say dad's razor strop but it's a toss up. My mom had a truly evil heavy oval wooden hairbrush and from the first swat it felt like my bottom had been scalded. That thing just made me howl and cry like you wouldn't believe. I think I will give the prize to Mom since I got by far the most spankings from her and I lived in mortal fear of her brush.

The strop and to the same extent Dad's belt were equally awful. They are completely different though. The brush is a centralized pain in one spot at a time whereas the belt or strop lit a swath of pain across the full breadth of my bottom. It left such horrible red stripes on my bottom too and the burning seemed to last longer than the ache from the brush.

Author:
Joel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:55:08 05/23/11 Mon

I would have to say the belt/strap was about the worst for me. Those hurt plenty and were quite effective. A riding crop (on loan from the neighbor and used one time) was a close second. That REALLY stung. In fact, it might have been the most painful, but I didn't get as many whacks with it. The neighbor normally used a hairbrush on her daughter and the crop for big offenses. No wonder she was so well behaved!

My best friend's mom kept a spatula in her purse and used that on the kids when they were out. She would wet their backsides first and then whack away. I can recall once when we were both being spanked at my house, overhearing his spanking, and it sounded like he was being murdered, he was howling so much. I don't think I have ever heard someone howl and cry that much. Sounded incredibly painful.

He got the switch at home, which he noted is almost unbearable, and burns for quite some time. He said he would rather get the spatula any day of the week.

Author:
Carrie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:23:36 06/04/11 Sat

My uncle and aunt had a farm where I spent several weeks every summer. Because they had horses and cattle they also had whips, one of which they used on my cousins. It was about 18" long, made of braided leather strands and had a wooden handle. I got spanked with it once on the bare bottom and let me tell you it was 10 times worse than my parent's paddle.

Author:
Kate
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:40:15 06/05/11 Sun

My Aunt and Uncle also had a small farm; in Connecticut. They had horses only, but did have that same type of whip. They had 3 daughters, the oldest, my cousin Dianne, was my age, and I would visit for 2 weeks in the summer.

I saw that whipped used a few times, but luckily never felt it myself. More than the whippings my cousins got (although they were fun to watch), was how scared they got if my Aunt threatened to get "the whip". The panic and fear in their voices is hard to describe.....but helped keep my behavior in check the whole time I was there.

Author:
Jenny (Kate & Carrie)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:09:43 06/05/11 Sun

I know all about that panic and fear of which you speak Kate!

Although it was not the whip I was often queried by one parent or the other along these lines. My Dad in particular was famous for asking me (or my sisters) "Do you want to get your butt whipped?" and the answer was always an emphatic "NO!"

Furthermore I used that tone of panic and fear just about every time I was being led to a spanking, regardless of the implement to be used...it consisted of a heartfelt, plaintive begging to be spared and sadly fell on deaf ears or simply increased the severity and or duration of my punishment.

Jenny

Author:
JenniAnn
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:22:58 08/06/11 Sat

Speaking of the fear (that I recognize far too well), was there anyone but me who got so scared she peed herself?

Author:
Buck
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:42:19 05/20/12 Sun

Both of my parents were wonderful people but my father was more of a teddy bear. That left my mother in charge of discipline. When she realized that her hand was no longer effective, she took one of Dad's old belts and retired it from holding him dance pants and moved it to a hook in her closet. The hook was low enough so we could reach it. If you were in trouble, your word to mom's room and you are expected to have your jeans off and neatly folded (why in the heck they had been neatly folded I am not sure), the belt on the dresser and yourself waiting in nothing more than your underpants in a particular chair. That was scary enough but the worst was if mom warned you to be sure and use the restroom before she came in. If she told you that, you were in for the whipping of your life (or so it seemed at the time)I never had an accident, perhaps because mother took a precaution, but I know the precaution scared the bejesus out of me.

Author:
Alex
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:17:23 06/07/11 Tue

I think that between a wooden stock, metal spoon, and belt that belt is by far worse, but that might be due to the fact that it took the place of the spoon after i was 10. when my dad used the spoon he would sometimes only use his wrists but when he uses the belt he always whips me really hard at least 10 times. However , the worst Ive ever gotten is with the metal buckle of the belt, 5 for shoplifting(along with 15 from the belt) and 10 for getting caught smoking for the second time. Now that HURTS. I still have bruises and it was over a month ago. The welts just finally went down a few days ago.

Author:
Anne
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:18:36 06/22/11 Wed

The breadboard. "Used to cut the bread and to turn a child's buttocks red."

That was terrible. A spanking hurt, but with the breadboard, the pain was intense from the very first stroke. In a split second, your whole bottom was in fire. The burn increased, and then you got the next stroke, that hurt twice as bad. The average dose was ten, but these were ten times worse than "hundred on the bare" by hand. After the spanking, an aching, throbbing soreness remained for the rest of the day.
It was used for serious misbehaviour at ages after ten. Once you had experienced the breadboard, you didn't want that medicine ever again. You didn't die from it, but the lesson was memorable.

[> Subject: Willow switch

Author:
Margaret
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:29:58 07/01/11 Fri

When I was little, my mother's preferred method of discipline for me were "spankings," given with her hand or with her hairbrush. But on relatively rare occasions when she felt I had been particularly naughty, or when she simply felt I was "due," she sent me to my room while she went out to our garden with her pruning shears. There she would cut herself a whippy, green switch or two from our willow bush and then smooth it with her paring knife.

I listened with miserable fear when she mounted the steps to my room, knowing her every footstep hastened the stinging lashes across my sensitive little behind. Then, after she'd admonished me one last time for my misbehavior, she would place me crying over her knee, pull down my panties, and redden every inch of my bottom with her switch.

When she chastised me this way, Mother didn't even call them "spankings." She knew her willow switchings were my severest punishments, so she gave them a special name: "thrashings."

Mother intended my thrashings to be my most painful childhood experiences and they were. (They hurt more than anything else in my life hurt until I grew up and gave birth). I would love to believe she didn't realize how much she was hurting me while she whipped my buttocks with her ultimate implement. But my mother knew full well how my thrashings felt. When she was a little girl, she too received willow switchings, courtesy of my grandmother. And she firmly believed God wanted her to carry on that tradition with me.

[> [> Subject: Re: Willow switch

Author:
Marci
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:22:35 07/03/11 Sun

Margaret,
I can relate to your upbringing as my parents also fully believed it was "God's will" that they spank, paddle, strap and switch our bare bottoms. I agree a switching was the most painful.
Because like you said, to be switch whipped until "every inch" of your behind is red meant WAY too many licks of the skinny bendy green stick of fire!
Until what age were you spanked? All thru high school for me.

Marci

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Willow switch

Author:
Margaret
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:39:26 07/08/11 Fri

I'm so sorry you were switched, Marci. I don't believe in spanking children with implements, especially narrow flexible implements such as belts or switches. Too much pain and fear can harm children's relationships with their parents. I know I had difficulty dealing with how much pain my mother was willing to inflict on me when she thrashed me, even though her thrashings only happened rarely.

Mother considered my occasional willow switch thrashing part of my religious training. She wanted me to understand just how much pain can hurt so I would better appreciate the perils of eternal damnation. Did your parents give religious reasons for your spankings, Marci, aside from just disciplining you for your specific misbehavior of that moment?

Like your parents, mine did not believe a high school aged girl was too old to spank. I was last spanked when I was 16 by my father and 17 by my mother. But my mother stopped thrashing me with her willow switch sometime in elementary school. After that, getting a licking from my father with his belt became my ultimate punishment, while my mother made do with the flat of a large, hardwood brush.

Author:
Sally
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:38:39 06/09/12 Sat

Wow. I too can relate to the sting of the switch .
We never had to pick our own. My Mother always seemed to keep a fresh one on top of the refridgerator or behind the sofa back for convience. She gave free switch dance lessons to me and my brothers on several occations I well remember. My Aunt and Grandmother were also pretty fond of the switch.

Author:
Alfred
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:27:17 07/04/11 Mon

As mentioned in previous threads, my mother and I once picked a switch "just in case" it should be needed. Given what Margaret says about her experience with her mom's carefully peeled and smoothed willow switch, I suspect I had some intuition or knowledge of what switchings felt like. I don't now recall actually feeling a switch as part of a spanking. But, I do clearly recall disposing of the "just in case" switch as fast as I could. I didn't do a very good job and it floated down from the second floor balcony to the ground and the leaves turned brown over the next few days. Why I didn't finish the disposal job is a bit of a mystery to me.

I know from adult hiking experiences that when a branch flicks back from the passing of another hiker and strikes you as the following hiker, it definitely gets your attention. And, these branches all have leaves on them that show them down considerably. So everything Margaret says about her switchings seems totally credible and her memory that spankings were second only to childbirth has been noted by others, some of whom actually rank spankings ahead of childbirth.

Author:
Margaret
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:08:17 07/08/11 Fri

When my daughter's head was crowning and I was trying to push her out, I remember thinking to myself, "this is the worst pain I've ever felt - it's even worse than Mother's thrashings!" But when I try to remember that pain, it is only a vague memory.

However, my memory of the sensation of Mother's willow switch whipping across my poor bare little behind remains vivid despite being a couple decades farther in my past. I wince just to think of it. Go figure!

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Willow switch

Author:
Alfred
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:00:51 07/12/11 Tue

Margaret, I have a hunch about vividness of memories. Could it be that everyone with you when you were delivering your daughter was rooting for you, telling you that you could do it, sayingthat one more push was all you needed to accomplish, and helping you achieve something wonderful. Odds are your mother, when she was thrashing you with a willow switch, was doing none of these things and indeed might have been telling you how bad it hurt, how you would never forget it, punctuating her scolding with switch strokes, and doing her best to make you "feel it."

There probably is no objective way to measure or scale pain but we could put meters on the nerves and measure nerve impulses. Measured that way, the birthing might yield a higher number. But, feeling pain is more complicated that nerve input so how a pain feels has a lot to do with the other thoughts of the recipient.

So, my tentative guess is that overall the spanking with the willow switch (for our UK friends, they are thinner and a bit more flexible than rattan canes but otherwise comparable) was indeed felt as more painful than your daughter's birth.

God Bless that you have a daughter. Somehow I have the opinion that you and she had a much less spanking-oriented relationship than you had with your mother. Not easy to achieve but a worthwhile goal. Congratulations.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Willow switch

Author:
Margaret
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:00:38 07/14/11 Thu

Margaret, I have a hunch about vividness of memories. Could it be that everyone with you when you were delivering your daughter was rooting for you, telling you that you could do it, sayingthat one more push was all you needed to accomplish, and helping you achieve something wonderful. Odds are your mother, when she was thrashing you with a willow switch, was doing none of these things and indeed might have been telling you how bad it hurt, how you would never forget it, punctuating her scolding with switch strokes, and doing her best to make you "feel it."

Feeling myself in disgrace and knowing Mommy herself was forcing me to experience that horrid sensation across my bottom doubtlessly made a painful experience feel even worse. But giving birth sort of felt like punishment also. I am a Christian, and scripture teaches that for women to give birth in sorrow is part of our punishment for Eve's disobedience in the Garden.

I doubt my mother said anything to me while giving me a thrashing. If she did, I never heard a word. I was crying too hard. She didn't need to address my ears with her lips. Her whippy green switch "spoke" to my buttocks very audibly!

Although giving birth hurt me worse, it was a different kind of pain - sort of like a dull tummy ache, but a hundred times stronger. Mother's willow switchings brought a very sharp, keen pain, like a wasp sting. In fact, when I was stung by a wasp when I was little, I remember thinking that this sensation feels like getting a willow switch whipping from Mommy.

There probably is no objective way to measure or scale pain but we could put meters on the nerves and measure nerve impulses. Measured that way, the birthing might yield a higher number. But, feeling pain is more complicated that nerve input so how a pain feels has a lot to do with the other thoughts of the recipient.

I'm sure you are right, Alfred. But I remember the sensation of getting a thrashing better than I remember the sensation of giving birth. They were different kinds of pain.

So, my tentative guess is that overall the spanking with the willow switch (for our UK friends, they are thinner and a bit more flexible than rattan canes but otherwise comparable) was indeed felt as more painful than your daughter's birth.

I'm sorry, Alfred, but I must disagree. I remember thinking to myself during my daughter's birth that this was even worse than Mother's thrashings. I had no doubt right then. But now I can better recall myself thinking that thought than I can recall the sensation which inspired it. It hurt worse, but less memorably. Go figure!

God Bless that you have a daughter. Somehow I have the opinion that you and she had a much less spanking-oriented relationship than you had with your mother. Not easy to achieve but a worthwhile goal. Congratulations.

I let my daughter get away with a lot my mother would never have let me get away with. And I never spanked my child with an implement, and not past her elementary school years. But I did end up spanking her - or resorting to the threat of a spanking to make her behave - with greater frequency than I had imagined I would. My daughter has grown now and she has become antispanking in her views and judgmental of me for disciplining her that way when she was little. (She calls it "hitting," but all I ever used was my hand, and only on her bottom). I do wonder if she will become less doctrinaire once she has small children of her own and discovers just how naughty they can be sometimes.

But I have to confess that if I had my daughter to raise over again I am sure I would spank her much less than I did. (I think I might even attempt not to spank her at all, which she believes I should have done, but I am not so sure I could actually achieve that).

Back then, I didn't know much of anything about alternative methods of child discipline. So I would find myself falling back to dealing with a situation with my daughter like my mother would have done because that was all I knew. I wish there had been a world wide web when my daughter was little. Young mothers nowadays have so much good information available for them now which I wish I'd had back then.

Some young mothers in my church never spank, or at least they say they never do. And all told, their children don't behave noticably worse than children from the spanking families - although some particulary well behaved and some particularly badly behaved children come from both.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Willow switch

Author:
Alfred
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:01:26 07/29/11 Fri

Thanks to Margaret for such a thoughtful and careful analysis of the issues involved in comparing the pains of remembered spankings to the pain of childbirth. No two childbirths are the same so perhaps the comparison is not very scientific. 7.5 month babies are much easier to deliver than full term babies. I am told that I was particularly difficult to deliver because I came out bottom or breach first. No obvious ill effects from that exit other than my mother never let me forget it!

Spanking and hitting are very distinguishable in my memories. I am not sure how Margaret's daughter would separate them but spanks were aimed for the bottom and hits were not.

Margaret wonders if her daughter will be more approving of the few reasonable spankings she received once she becomes a mom herself. Like the childbirths mentioned above, children vary widely. Margaret's daughter may have an easy child and she will never need to use reprimands, punishments, or spankings to guide the child. In which case, she, Margaret's daughter, may conclude that Margaret was even less justified in spanking her. It could go the other way and Margaret's daughter will say "Aha, now I get it mom: no wonder you warmed my naughty bottom." In other words, Margaret will have to keep us posted as to how her daughter manages the grandchildren.

Margaret puts the case for the willow switch very eloquently, although I doubt that this was her goal when she wrote "She didn't need to address my ears with her lips. Her whippy green switch "spoke" to my buttocks very audibly!" I believe that parents of our generation used implements because they approved of the intense and usually short-lived stinging or tingling they delivered. Also, most implements had signature sounds either as they whistled through the air before they landed (switch, cane, and thin belts) or as they plopped down loudly on our bottoms (paddle, slipper, and hairbrush). Implements were used mainly for the sting/tingle and these sound effects. I don't think our parents knew just how much pain they caused. If spanking is ever re-legalized, spanking parents should have to experience what they administer. Details here could be left up to individual families but the general idea is clear enough.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Willow switch

Author:
Margaret
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:03:02 08/24/11 Wed

Spanking and hitting are very distinguishable in my memories. I am not sure how Margaret's daughter would separate them but spanks were aimed for the bottom and hits were not.

Well Alfred, my daughter's view is that "hitting is hitting" whichever part of your child's body you spank, including her bottom (which was where all her spankings were given).

Margaret wonders if her daughter will be more approving of the few reasonable spankings she received once she becomes a mom herself.

I'm sorry to admit, but my daughter does have somewhat of a point. Some of her spankings I wish I hadn't given her now that I look back on them. So her spankings were less "few" than I now realize they could have been, and some were less "reasonable" than I imagined they were back when I was raising and disciplining her. I now know of other approaches I would try first before resorting to... dealing with her my mother's way. But back then there was no internet and young mothers had so much less information available than now.

I wanted to raise my daughter with less punitive severity and less strictness than my mother raised me. And I did. But I knew essentially nothing about alternative methods of discipline. So when I would have a situation with my child I would often just fall back on dealing with her like my mother would have dealt with me if I had behaved that way: by putting her over my knee, or threatening to. I just didn't know how else to react. Unlike my mother, I never used my hair brush or a switch to discipline my child, only my hand. So I wasn't as severe as my mother sometimes was with me. But I still spanked with greater frequency than I imagined I would.

Like the childbirths mentioned above, children vary widely. Margaret's daughter may have an easy child and she will never need to use reprimands, punishments, or spankings to guide the child. In which case, she, Margaret's daughter, may conclude that Margaret was even less justified in spanking her.

Every parent should be so lucky! However, knowing my daughter, she would not think herself lucky. She would think her easy child was proof that her nonspanking methods were best.

It could go the other way and Margaret's daughter will say "Aha, now I get it mom: no wonder you warmed my naughty bottom."

Ha! That will be the day!

In other words, Margaret will have to keep us posted as to how her daughter manages the grandchildren.

If she ever has any... We're beginning to worry. She has a habit of becoming involved with men who are beneath her, who aren't good husband prospects.

Margaret puts the case for the willow switch very eloquently, although I doubt that this was her goal when she wrote "She didn't need to address my ears with her lips. Her whippy green switch "spoke" to my buttocks very audibly!"

I certainly hope you are mistaken, Alfred, and no parent reading my words becomes convinced to carry on my mother's method with their own children. My experiences across my mother's knee only make a "case" for willow switches if one assumes that greater pain for your child means better discipline. For me, when my mother's switch "spoke" to my behind, it simply said "Yes darling, Mommy is willing to hurt you THIS much!" This message did not benefit my relationship with my mother, but made me feel distant when I wished I didn't feel that way.

I don't believe even the naughtiest child needs to be whipped so soundly that their punishment raises welts on their bottom. That goes too far.

I believe that parents of our generation used implements because they approved of the intense and usually short-lived stinging or tingling they delivered.

An implement like a limber switch produces a different kind of pain than something flat like a parental hand or brush. A proper spanking produces a hot, smarting kind of sting which brings tears, but doesn't feel like your parent is actually injuring you. But a switching produces a cutting kind of pain which feels like an acute injury; and I firmly believe children do not benefit from being forced to associate that kind of pain with their parent.

Also, most implements had signature sounds either as they whistled through the air before they landed (switch, cane, and thin belts) or as they plopped down loudly on our bottoms (paddle, slipper, and hairbrush). Implements were used mainly for the sting/tingle and these sound effects.

Alfred, I never gave much thought to the sound my mother's switch made. Usually I was already crying too hard before her first lash landed to hear its swish-thwick sound as she licked it across my bottom. And after her first lash, I was definitely crying too hard to hear anything. So I don't believe she used her willow switches for their sounds. She used them because they HURT!

Actually, I think her spankings with her hand made the loudest sounds - louder than her hair brush. She would sometimes clap her hands together for emphasis when she was scolding me or warning me to behave - her way of reminding me that she also could do something else with her palm which made that sound, and she just might do so if I kept acting up much longer. (I did this with my daughter sometimes, hoping she would straighten up and not cause me to have to make that sound the other way.)

I don't think our parents knew just how much pain they caused.

I tried to tell myself this about my mother's switchings when I was still little enough to receive them. But my maternal grandmother and my mother both said that when my mother was little, all her punishments were given with a switch. Mother knew just how much a switch hurt when whipped repeatedly across a little girl's bare buttocks. Yet, from time to time, she chose to carry on that same tradition with me, and to make me experience that same anguish.

If spanking is ever re-legalized, spanking parents should have to experience what they administer.

I agree with your suggested rule, Alfred. No parent should be permitted to give a spanking any severer than they could stand to administer to themselves. Of course this rule could never be enforced.

Author:
Joel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:35:32 07/10/11 Sun

My best friend was spanked with a switch. From what he told me, that was not the normal implement, but was rather reserved for more serious offenses. He said it was pretty much unbearable and kept him on his best behavior for weeks.

I can only imagine it would be incredibly painful.

Author:
Margaret
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:07:09 08/25/11 Thu

Well Alfred, my daughter's view is that "hitting is hitting" whichever part of your child's body you spank, including her bottom (which was where all her spankings were given).

Margaret wonders if her daughter will be more approving of the few reasonable spankings she received once she becomes a mom herself.

I'm sorry to admit, but my daughter does have somewhat of a point. Some of her spankings I wish I hadn't given her now that I look back on them. So her spankings were less "few" than I now realize they could have been, and some were less "reasonable" than I imagined they were back when I was raising and disciplining her. I now know of other approaches I would try first before resorting to... dealing with her my mother's way. But back then there was no internet and young mothers had so much less information available than now.

I wanted to raise my daughter with less punitive severity and less strictness than my mother raised me. And I did. But I knew essentially nothing about alternative methods of discipline. So when I would have a situation with my child I would often just fall back on dealing with her like my mother would have dealt with me if I had behaved that way: by putting her over my knee, or threatening to. I just didn't know how else to react. Unlike my mother, I never used my hair brush or a switch to discipline my child, only my hand. So I wasn't as severe as my mother sometimes was with me. But I still spanked with greater frequency than I imagined I would.

Like the childbirths mentioned above, children vary widely. Margaret's daughter may have an easy child and she will never need to use reprimands, punishments, or spankings to guide the child. In which case, she, Margaret's daughter, may conclude that Margaret was even less justified in spanking her.

Every parent should be so lucky! However, knowing my daughter, she would not think herself lucky. She would think her easy child was proof that her nonspanking methods were best.

It could go the other way and Margaret's daughter will say "Aha, now I get it mom: no wonder you warmed my naughty bottom."

Ha! That will be the day!

In other words, Margaret will have to keep us posted as to how her daughter manages the grandchildren.

If she ever has any... We're beginning to worry. She has a habit of becoming involved with men who are beneath her, who aren't good husband prospects.

Margaret puts the case for the willow switch very eloquently, although I doubt that this was her goal when she wrote "She didn't need to address my ears with her lips. Her whippy green switch "spoke" to my buttocks very audibly!"

I certainly hope you are mistaken, Alfred, and no parent reading my words becomes convinced to carry on my mother's method with their own children. My experiences across my mother's knee only make a "case" for willow switches if one assumes that greater pain for your child means better discipline. For me, when my mother's switch "spoke" to my behind, it simply said "Yes darling, Mommy is willing to hurt you THIS much!" This message did not benefit my relationship with my mother, but made me feel distant when I wished I didn't feel that way.

I don't believe even the naughtiest child needs to be whipped so soundly that their punishment raises welts on their bottom. That goes too far.

I believe that parents of our generation used implements because they approved of the intense and usually short-lived stinging or tingling they delivered.

An implement like a limber switch produces a different kind of pain than something flat like a parental hand or brush. A proper spanking produces a hot, smarting kind of sting which brings tears, but doesn't feel like your parent is actually injuring you. But a switching produces a cutting kind of pain which feels like an acute injury; and I firmly believe children do not benefit from being forced to associate that kind of pain with their parent.

Also, most implements had signature sounds either as they whistled through the air before they landed (switch, cane, and thin belts) or as they plopped down loudly on our bottoms (paddle, slipper, and hairbrush). Implements were used mainly for the sting/tingle and these sound effects.

Alfred, I never gave much thought to the sound my mother's switch made. Usually I was already crying too hard before her first lash landed to hear its swish-thwick sound as she licked it across my bottom. And after her first lash, I was definitely crying too hard to hear anything. So I don't believe she used her willow switches for their sounds. She used them because they HURT!

Actually, I think her spankings with her hand made the loudest sounds - louder than her hair brush. She would sometimes clap her hands together for emphasis when she was scolding me or warning me to behave - her way of reminding me that she also could do something else with her palm which made that sound, and she just might do so if I kept acting up much longer. (I did this with my daughter sometimes, hoping she would straighten up and not cause me to have to make that sound the other way.)

I don't think our parents knew just how much pain they caused.

I tried to tell myself this about my mother's switchings when I was still little enough to receive them. But my maternal grandmother and my mother both said that when my mother was little, all her punishments were given with a switch. Mother knew just how much a switch hurt when whipped repeatedly across a little girl's bare buttocks. Yet, from time to time, she chose to carry on that same tradition with me, and to make me experience that same anguish.

If spanking is ever re-legalized, spanking parents should have to experience what they administer.

I agree with your suggested rule, Alfred. No parent should be permitted to give a spanking any severer than they could stand to administer to themselves. Of course this rule could never be enforced.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Willow switch -- the swishing sounds

Author:
Alfred (for Margaret)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:58:01 08/27/11 Sat

Thanks for your most conscientious reply to my comment on your mom spanking with a willow switch. I know my mom cut switches but I have no clear memory of what kind of tree they came from. Friends of mine and my pastor growing up spoke with hushed tones and great respect for peach tree switches. They were reported to bend amazingly but never break. They had quite a reputation.

My hunch is that switches are like all the other implements. They can deliver super intense pain and leave marks that last way too long. Or they can be used carefully and gently. The choice is up to the parent as to what a switch stroke "says" when it lands on your bare bottom. Margaret points out very eloquently what a very harsh switch lick says. It probably does say something like: you were so bad that I think that you deserve this borderline abusive/illegal spank. This is a very poor message to convey and I am very opposed to licks this hard. I learned the most from a spanking that I remember thinking Wow! Is that it? Only four hand spanks?

So, being a sensitive and only child, perhaps like Margaret was, I would have taken very poorly to a severe or intensely painful spanking. The ones I got, I thought were very painful. I learned a bit later at the boys clubs what real spankings were like and I realized that the ones I actually got were more symbolic than real. Other moms said that I needed a real spankig but they never had the nerve to give me one.

As far as hearing the sounds of a switch, we had many sword fights with them and perhaps the only time I really heard the swish of a switch was when playing with one. The same could go for the yardstick. It will swish if you flick it rapidly. I don't recall hearing the swish of the yardstick when it was on its way to a meeting with my bottom. So, Margaret, I do agree-- it was hard to hear the sounds of the implement over my comments on how it felt!

Author:
Marty
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:06:58 07/02/11 Sat

Having had a paddle & belt used on my bare butt I'd have to go with the belt!!

Author:
Joe C
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:08:27 07/08/11 Fri

My parents experimented with the cane on a few occasions and while it hurt the most, they thought of it as rather harsh so the number of strokes was limited. The thick leather strap my father had was the worst. It was heavier and more powerful than the belt yet since it did not leave too much visual damage, he had no reservations about giving me very lengthy and harsh sessions with it.

Author:
Jessie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:41:05 07/12/11 Tue

With out a doubt the worst thing I was spanked with was my Dad's belt. I was a pretty willful kid, but more then once when I found out I was going to get the belt I started to cry before the first swat.

Author:
Andrea
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:36:36 07/13/11 Wed

The worst was the strap. Normally I'd be spanked OTK with the hairbrush and that was awful enough. But sometimes if my sin was large enough when mom came to my room to escort me to her room to do the deed she'd say, "I'm sorry, Andrea, I've decided this time I have to strap you. Come with me please."

Down and across the hall we'd enter her room. She'd fetch the strap from where she kept it in a bathroom vanity drawer and when she returned I was to be bare from the waist down and ready to either bend over with my hands on the edge of the bed, or lay across it, bottom up of course, depending on her instruction.

I remember looking at that strap and my knees feeling weak and my gut churning. It was a flexible, not rock hard firm, strip of rubber. Reddish in color, around two inches wide and some 16/18 inches long. The three inches at the holding end were wound several times around with white surgical tape that had long ago turned grayish color. The business end had slightly rounded corners. It was between 1/8 and 1/4 inch thick and weighted enough to pack a powerful message when it landed but light enough to deliver the sting of a thousand bees without doing any real damage the way a solid wood paddle might. Mom could use a full swing and not worry she was maiming me for life.

The usual dose was a dozen to eighteen although sometimes she'd deliver lighter individual whacks and I'd probably get twice as many. Each way was terrible. There was no good way to get the strap.

To this day if someone says the word 'strap' I give a little shudder, even if it's just a sales lady asking if I like the strap on a purse.

Like Jessie above, when I was going to get the strap I'd be crying and begging forgiveness before the first swat.

Author:
LizT
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:13:49 07/31/11 Sun

Slightly off topic, Isn't it amazing how certain phrases and words have such an effect. The sight of wooden spoons in a store...Looking for a hair brush at the store...what kind of strap would you like on your purse... even when they have nothing to do with spankings bring back those feelings. I still jump a little when I hear a mother tell her child to "git over here NOW". Is it just me?

Author:
none the worse
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:10:55 07/31/11 Sun

I haven't heard of anyone else who spanked with a rubber strap except me. the one that was used on me was not as long about ten inches but everything sounds the same. I would be told "get ready" which I knew meant bareing my backside and leaning over the arm of our overstuffed couch and wait until my mom came to "clear the air" I would lie there with my toes barely touching the ground and every sound hieghtened then I would hear mom opening her dresser drawer where she kept the "paddle" I would be hoping for only a few swats but knew there would be at least five. Which does not seem like much but with that rubber paddle the sting would build. My mom was a slow spanker she would wait about five seconds between swats until I felt the impact of the previous swat and then the next would land. My mom was very strict and if I was told I was going to spanked I always was. I was never allowed to reach back or the spanking would start over and I was frequently restricted to a corner, a chair or sent to bed afterward. My mother would barrow a wooden spoon if we were visiting someplace, many spoons were broken across my bare bottom. If one broke she would get another until I was well spanked.

Author:
Alfred
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:06:00 08/05/11 Fri

My best friend got spanked much more than I did so I often heard about his punishments. He wasn't abused but he did get a lot of spankings. His dad worked out of town and so his mom was in effect a single parent. She had a business and had to make sure her kids were well-behaved because the business involved teaching and caring for kids.

Anyway she spanked with a short but wide "strap". I am not sure what it was made of but it might have been rubber. It made a lot of noise and was originally part of the black keys on an accordion allowing your hand to play and to pump the bellows. It was called the accordion strap but it may well have been rubber. It was black in any event. My friend noted how well it worked for spanking! So, n-t-w my friend would definitely relate, even right down to the 10 inches in length part. Where did your mom get her rubber strap from?

Author:
Joe
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:20:34 08/22/11 Mon

While I was never spanked with a rubber strap, my wife was when she was growing up. She has told me a number of times how excruciating it was to have her bare bottom whipped with the rubber strap. My wife, and her two sisters often got strapped together and had to watch each other. They were all strapped on their naked bottoms.

Author:
Joel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:07:22 08/23/11 Tue

Yeah...that sounds like it would be considerably painful. How many strokes would she get with something like that?

Author:
StevenL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:18:22 07/29/11 Fri

I was spanked by hand only until 8 or 9. One time I was spanked by a strap which was really a belt that my Aunt (the only one who ever spanked me) cut in two. That left a welt on the side of my leg that my Mom saw and she told me that she would talk to my Aunt about it. After that, my Aunt would only use her hand or the flat side of hair brush she bought which was shaped like a small paddle. Even though the strap left a welt, the hairbrush stung more. After 20 or so slaps from that by my Aunt I would be a quivering mess.

[> [> Subject: Re: Worse hairbrush spanked with?

Author:
Grumpy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:24:03 02/10/12 Fri

Seems like among the most common tool was a hairbrush. But my sis-in-law showed me a brush her mother used and it hardly looked fearsome. It was a plastic thing with a thin small handle. What varieties of brushes were used? wooden, plastic, bath vs. hair, short handle and long?

Author:
Joanie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:23:55 08/17/11 Wed

A paddle ball paddle. Ours was made of transparent orange plastic and it had a decal on it with the cutest little teddy bear you ever did see. He was wearing a cute little baseball cap sideways and playing with his own paddle ball and the decal said "Welcome to Branson". The plastic was heavier than wood and it absolutely set your bottom on fire when mom swatted your panties with it. And God help you if she pulled your panties down! We used to talk about getting bitten by Spanking Bear. It was never used for paddle ball. Dad bought it on vacation in Branson, tore the rubber band off and handed it to mom. She took it and my sister into the motel room and Spanking Bear spent quite a long time teachingt her to keep boys hands out of her swim suit. We took him home with us and he helped mom teach us all a lot of lessons.

Author:
Alfred (for Joanie)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:50:50 08/23/11 Tue

Ah the benefits of progress. When we were kids, it was plywood that was the new hard to break material. Now it is polycarbonate or Lexan brand synthetic toy paddles. Neither material is very heavy and likely to cause bruises. Both just sting like the dickens. I am sure the being bitten by spanking bear saying that Joanie mentions was very accurate. Lexan has a well-earned reputation as being the material with the greatest sting. It is light, never breaks, and slightly flexible. What more could a spanking mom seek? !!

Author:
Ed
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:08:46 05/28/12 Mon

The worst for me was when I was in Catholic school. The nuns used stainless steel rulers to spank boys.

Author:
mike
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:39:51 05/29/12 Tue

Hey Ed. One of the nuns who used to spank us used a wide 12 inch brass ruler. It funny because my dad had the same ruler but never use it on me.

[> Subject: Re: Worse thing spanked with? Hot Wheels track

Author:
Bill
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:01:20 05/29/12 Tue

When I was 8 (I think), mom had had it with my not picking up my Hot Wheels from the floor (I'm sure she had told me many times).
She pulled down my PJ bottoms, grabbed a section of orange Hot Wheels track and laid into my bare butt big time. Worst spanking I ever got. Afterwards as I was picking up the Hot Wheels I was considered throwing the track set away so that it couldn't be used against me again. Fortunately I didn't, and more fortunately, I was never spanked with it again.

Author:
annie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:48:57 06/22/12 Fri

my mom was the spanker in our house. she used a flat wooden brush. i must have had my backside warmed at least once a week til i was 19 we were spanked for everything---sassing-lying--giving dirty looks. She stopped spanking the boys when they were about 12 but the girls were spanked til we left home. We were always sent to her room--when we were little over her knee--teen years bent over the side of an armchair---she would come in---no lectures--we knew why we were being spanked--panties down and the spanking would last one to two minutes.--i grew up in forties and fifties and it was not unusual for a teen girl to be spanked. when i married at nineteen my husband's grandmother spanked me for looking at her mail-my husband just laughed and said be grateful it was a hairbrush and not the switches she used on him when he was growing up. my only experience was with a hairbrush on the bare bottom and it hurt--and i always cried like i was four and did the spanking dance regardless of my age.

Author:
Alfred (for annie)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:59:56 06/23/12 Sat

What a pleasure to hear from someone who both got it and who remembers the details without embellishing them. I am from the same era and I did have friends in ninth and tenth grades who had credible stories of still being spanked. Their spankings were for being out with us later than allowed. Justice would have required we get it also but so far as I know, that never happened.

Grandmother-in-law spanking at 19 would seem a bit unusual but you were joining the family and, apparently, inappropriately going through her mail. How did you get along after both the spanking and the wedding? Yes, your husband is right; you were lucky to feel the hairbrush and not a switch, or often, more than one switch since they did break quite often. Did you carry on the family traditions? Boys getting off a puberty and girls getting it until they moved out?

Author:
Johan (to annie)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:32:26 06/27/12 Wed

Annie, so the hairbrush that the old lady used was worse than your mothers wooden brush? Or was she just a firmer spanker? I got the paddle once, and find that one worse than the switch (bad it was my worse spanking any way).

One of my girlfriends family was pretty similar to annies what it comes to a double standart. We grew up in the eighties though, but in her family her brothers stopped getting spanked long before their teens, but daughters were spanked well into their teens - I believe until 16-17 or so. If I remember right, she was spanked with a belt as well as a brush too.

Everyone seems to think that a switch is the worst potential spanking thing!

When I was an young adult I was invited to my very first family dinner with my girlfriends family (her parents and all fore siblings and their spouses present). For some reason the talk turned into childhood memories and soon into spankings. We had talked about our spankings with my girlfriend, but what I did not know was that she had informed all her family and pretty much all about my spankings - all the embarrassing details that I had confessed her!

Everyone in the table seemed to think that "lucky that I was never spanked with a switch - like Johan did!". Well, I was spanked also with a fresh cut switch a couple of times both by mom and dad. Also the fact that I had been spanked bare butt with switches and belts way untill my teens (14) seemed to amuse especially her brothers and sisters boyfriends.

Before that I'd been too shy even to say the S-word aloud! Now, there I was then, in the middle of everybodys attention. Blushing beet red in my formal white shirt and a tie while others were dressed themselves very casual: A living proof of a "boy" who had been spanked with "a terrible switch" (and obviously survived it). Everyone was really friendly, and the jokes about my spanking benevolant.

What an outcoming from a spanking-closet: The first time I had to admit growd that I had been spanked growing up - in a dinner table full of people I wanted to make the best possible inpact of my self!

Author:
CariDee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:55:54 07/10/12 Tue

The absolute worse thing I got spanked with was a birch rod. This terrible instrumnet was used in my teens, only at a few occassions though, but those occassions, My GOD!! It stung beyond anything else! Being spanked with the hairbrush was absolutely nothing compared to the birch rod. I never howled as much in my life as at those times I got birched.

Author:
Buck
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:41:04 09/17/12 Mon

May I ask?

What made the birch so bad? was it basically a very flexible switch? something else?

thank you

Buck

Author:
Jake
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:34:22 10/06/12 Sat

I would say the paddle that I'm spanked with now!

I used to get hand spankings, but those days are gone and now my butt expierences a change of color by getting the paddle to it.

Boy, wouldn't I love to go back to hand spanking days! They didn't hurt as much, come to think of it now but, of course I'm older and so it my butt and anything to prevent it from getting a severe spanking I try to avoid!

Author:
CariDee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:03:15 04/28/13 Sun

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier. The birch was a bunch of flexible switches tied together. Perhaps 10-15 switches. The stinging was far beyond imagination!

Author:
Henry
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:56:24 10/16/12 Tue

Senior cane

Author:
Nick
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:59:51 10/16/12 Tue

The paddle my dad used on me had to be the worst, mainly because he hit me so hard and so often with it. Mom used a hairbrush on me a few times, but she did not hit as hard. Perhaps had Dad been the one tanning me with the brush, it would have won out.

Author:
Shane
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:45:39 03/01/13 Fri

The worst thing I was ever spanked with was a drum stick. My dad was in a band when I went live with him when I was around 8. The band was practicing at this local bar in town, we had been there for about an hour and I was getting bored so I got up and started wondering around the place. Somehow I ended up in the back part of the bar and was climbing on crates when my dad came running into the room, grabbed my arm and pulled me down off the crates. At this point, he had only given me a few "warning swats" so I was terrified when he sat down himself, pulled me over his knee and pulled down my pants. He then took the drumstick, which I hadn't noticed until that point, and wore me out with it. Needless to say, I never wondered off again.

Author:
JimG
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:41:59 04/09/13 Tue

I don't know what was the worst thing I ever got spanked with, but I was switched twice with a switch from a cherry tree ; and I think those switches inspired more FEAR in me than did any other implement . That makes me believe that they probably really hurt more than I seem to remember them hurting .

I remember my fear of switches in regard to one notable whipping I received . It happened one warm afternoon at the home of my step-mother's father where we were to spend the night . We all lived way out in the country . I was somewhere between five and nine years old . I was not restricted to staying inside the yard, but was not expected to wander very far away either . There were not any traffic worries, but there were other dangers like RATTLESNAKES ! So that unlucky day (for ME), I started walking up the road and just kept going . Later my step-mother couldn't locate me until she finally got into our pickup truck to hunt me down . Actually she didn't have a terribly hard time finding me, but when she did, she decided that I needed to be taught a lesson . "When we get back to the house, I'm gonna whip you !" she informed me .

Dismayed, I started to dread my punishment, and also began to wonder what she would use to get the job done . I thought it could not be my belt as I was wearing bib overalls . What REALLY made me about shiver was the thought that it might be a SWITCH ! So I stood up in the back of the pickup, leaned forward until I could ask her through the truck window (while she was driving), "What are you gonna "whup" me with ?" . "A razor strap !', she answered . Well, I didn't know what a razor strap was, but I figured it wouldn't hurt as bad as a switch would .

As soon as we were inside the back room of her daddy's house, she commanded me to bend myself over while she took down that razor strap which I thought looked like some kind of wide belt . She wasted no time before using it to deliver lashes to my waiting behind ! With the first several licks, I was thinking it didn't hurt too awfully bad, when suddenly that strap landed on the lower part of my left buttock with a force that got my attention in a BIG way ! It really hurt like RIP, and I busted out crying-- I just couldn't help it ! I think she may have become frustrated that I was not crying and thought "I bet I WILL make him cry ! If so, she sure did succeed, and I cried for a good bit of time after the whipping was over .

Well, it was a painful whipping, but when I think about the entire incident, what impresses me the most is remembering just how fearful I had been that I would be punished with a SWITCH !

Author:
Wayne
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:25:45 04/28/13 Sun

Definitely the switch, which I got from my Grandpa a few times. Don't think anything can get a boys attention like being taken outside or sent outside to cut a switch knowing when you get back its going to be applied across your bottom. A licking with a switch stung like nothing else!

Author:
Dana
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:04:06 05/21/13 Tue

Definitely dad's belt. I've been warned/threatened about getting it with a stick (or cane, call it whatever you want), but it never happened

Author:
mike
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:25:08 12/13/13 Fri

Paddles, straps, belts, and switches all hurt, but when I was in seventh grade I was arrested for stealing a watch from a department store. When I got home, my pants were pulled down and I got hit 5 times with a WIRE COATHANGER on the bare butt. That hurt like nothing else. I cried.

Author:
JoeR to Mike
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:35:34 12/15/13 Sun

Bet a wire coathanger left raised red welts across your bare butt. Though stealing is serious and you should have been punished once home, I think a wire coathanger was a bit over-board.

Author:
Billy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:23:50 01/28/14 Tue

The worst thing I was ever spanked with was the cane. I also experienced being spanked by hand, slipper and hairbrush, but nothing was as bad as one of dad's bare bottom canings.

Author:
Tyler
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:04:33 03/05/14 Wed

I have to agree with those who say hairbrush. My mom inherited her oak, oval hairbrush from her mom and started using it on my when I was 12. Unlike the hand spankings I had received until the, I simply could not lie still over her lap while she alternated swats back and forth with that hairbrush against both my bare cheeks. I yelled, pleaded, squirmed, arched my back, al,of which made her more angry because she had to stop and re-position me several times during he spanking. Even at 16, I simply could not stay still.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.