VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]
Subject: implement of choice

Author:
Zach
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 16:21:46 08/29/17 Tue

Growing up, the implement of choice for spanking was the belt. Listening to some of my friends whose parents used spanking as the primary form of punishment also got the belt. None of my friends got a ruler or ping pong paddle. It was always the belt. Obviously, there were differences in position, pants-up or pants-down but it was always a belt. However, many folks here got caned, paddled, hair-brushed, etc. I am curious if implements of spanking fall in and out of vogue - a generation may believe that a belt is the best versus a paddle? Does geography play a role? So my spanking years were the early 80's and I grew up in the mid-west. I got the belt....a lot. There was no special spanking belt; it was the belt my father had around his waist at the time. Any thoughts? comparisons?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: implement of choice

Author:
Martin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:12:27 08/30/17 Wed

I'm from England and my spanking years were from the mid 70s to the early 80s. I never got the belt personally but a few of my friends did. The only spanking implements I ever got were slipper and hairbrush. I think they were probably the most common implements at the time.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Author:
Tom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:54:08 08/31/17 Thu

I grew up in Tennessee in the 60s and 70s and was the middle kid in a household with three boys. My brothers and I were usually spanked by our mother when younger, and she used either the hairbrush or wooden spoon. When older, it was the belt from our dad. Other neighbor kids I knew about were spanked with various things. I heard of beltings, paddlings and sometimes switchings from either parent and also hairbrush spankings chiefly from mothers.

Author:
Jay
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:09:02 09/05/17 Tue

I lived in the midwest and spanking was still pretty common back then, both at home and in school. The "implement of choice" varied as I grew up, but when I was a little kid just a fly swatter or hand was typical. As I grew up, the paddle was introduced about ten or so, and was used most typically on me after that age. It hung in the kitchen so it was handy all th time. I did start getting the belt some when I was in junior high, but it was rare and only used on occasions where I had really done something bad. There was a special belt used most of the time in my case . . . it was an older, thicker belt, but it was really broken in and could deliver one heck of a sting.

Author:
Kevin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:42:29 09/06/17 Wed

It was pretty much the paddle at school (some with holes, some without) and the hand or belt (maybe switch on occasion) at home.

Author:
Jay
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:56:25 10/29/17 Sun

The "implement of choice" changed as I grew up. Initially, just the hand was used. But then flyswatters, the kitchen spatula, a wood paddle, and then, finally, a belt. I guess you could say the implement chosen by my folks was "age appropriate."

Author:
Jer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:44:07 10/30/17 Mon

At home it was the switch until I was 7 or so. After that it was the belt. At school, where spankings were common, it was always the paddle.

Most of my friends were the same. The switch was common and changed over to a belt at some point. As normal as I sounds, I don't recall anyone ever speak of getting it with a hairbrush.

I grew up in Alabama in the 50s and 60s. Spankings were common in schools and there were plenty of 'switch trees' around.

Author:
Cassandra
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:25:50 10/31/17 Tue

Usually my mom used her hand, but liked using a brush for more serious things.

Author:
Johan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:12:32 12/24/17 Sun

My spanking years were the late 70's and early 80's, and I can relate to Zach's experiences with the belt. The vast majority of the spankings I got were given with the belt. Listening to my friends (boys), if the implement was mentioned it usually was the belt (sometimes a paddle and switches were mentioned). My dad took over all my spankings when I was on 4th grade. Before that I got some spankings mainly from mom, but now when dad was the disciplinarian I started to get a spanking pretty often, and his implement of choice was the belt (or the strap as we called it in our house). It was not a real strap but usually the belt that dad was wearing at the time, usually a thin but firm mens dress belt. I don't remember any girl ever mentioning that they would get the belt, and my dad did not give it to my sisters so I grew up thinking that belts were used only on boys.

There was also some variety from my mothers side. She spent most of her childhood on the farm and was raised with traditional rural values - and with the fresh cut switch the rod. Her implement of choice was the switch or her hand. As we did not live where the switches grew, so when she spanked me and my sisters it was usually with her hand. However, when we went to our summer cottage or lived a short while in a rural area, the fresh cut switch was definitely the among her tool list. Both me and my sisters were sent out to pick our own switches at least couple of times - the switch can be nasty thing, so I guess we were lucky that she did not choose the switch very often - and not very bad to be honest. I knew couple of rural kids round my age or younger, who also got spanked with the switch, however I think that the belt was becoming more popular also in county side, especially with boys.

Author:
Rebecca
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:29:23 12/24/17 Sun

I got spanked with a small or a belt at home the school used a strap .we use a wooden spoon yes we call it the spanking spoon most of my friends and I do not leave the house with out the spanking spoon in third purse. My girls go to the same schools the get the strap also merry Christmas's we have candlelight tonight at our church

Author:
Joel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:28:02 12/25/17 Mon

Belt, hairbrush, and wooden spoon were the most common. Strap was used as I got older.

I'd say in our neighborhood, the belt was probably the most common, with the hairbrush being a close second. Boys mainly got the belt, while the girls got the hand or hairbrush.

Author:
Dj63
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:46:59 12/25/17 Mon

I grew up in the 60s &70s. My mom did the spanking and had a paddle from one of those paddle games that had a ball on a rubber band and bounced back. When I was around 9 or 10 she got a paddle made with holes like they had in school. Once she used a hairbrush on me since she had it in hand.

Author:
Jonathan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:18:53 12/28/17 Thu

My parents divorced when I was 7 so I got very few spankings I can remember from my dad. My mother used her hand when I was younger and a heavy ruler as I got older. It was smaller in area and lighter than a paddle, but I think that made it sting all the worse. I think it meant I got longer spankings as well as it didn't cover a larger area. The spankings were certainly longer than those from my aunt who favored a paddle for my cousin and us.

Author:
Lisa
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:31:39 12/29/17 Fri

95% of my spankings were with a belt but I have had just about everything across my butt at least once.

Author:
Jeremiah
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:51:30 04/23/18 Mon

I think the changing choice of implements over the years has more to do with availability and convenience than with merely changing tastes. When growing up in the 50s and 60s people had bigger yards than is typical today. Switch trees were more abundant. Not so much now. Not as many branches to cut before you kill the tree. So that has probably faded from use some.

A belt was always available and convenient, as are household items like a hairbrush (which seem to be more the choice of women than men).

A paddle takes planning in advance, preparation for spankings expected to come. And they are far more durable than a switch or even a belt. So teachers would get one and it could last their entire teaching career without suffering any wear and tear.

Author:
Jimmy J.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:51:00 04/28/18 Sat

When and where I grew up, most younger kids, say, elementary school age, got spankings with the hand or sometimes with stricter parents, the hairbrush. One family that my parents were friends with had a "novelty" paddle, which I unfortunately found out, first hand, was actually used, and not just a kitchen decoration! And another family used a flyswatter. Back then, it seemed that the belt was used for serious misdeeds and/or older kids (teenagers). My mom, dad, aunt, and uncle all spanked my siblings & cousins with either the hand or hairbrush until 11 or 12 years old, after which my dad & uncle would discipline us with a belt. I can't remember any times mom or my aunt spanked my sister or female cousins past 12 years old (I'm sure it happened though), but I remember my dad giving my sister a real doozie with the belt when she was 16. My last was at 17.

Author:
Ian M (UK)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:29:19 05/18/18 Fri

Growing up in England in the 70's most of my childhood spankings were with the hand, but as my brother was a few years older than me he started getting mum's slipper.I remember seeing him getting from her and by his yelps I could tell it was a painful experience. I eventually graduated from the hand to the slipper and wow did it sting, especially on a few instances when it was given bare.

Author:
Gerald
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:04:33 06/07/18 Thu

Growing up in Texas in the 60s, mom used an antique leather strap that used to be used to lift ice blocks before refrigeration. It was wide enough to cover my entire bare bottom and 10 lashes was all it took to inflict a great deal of pain.

At school, it was a long rectangular paddle with three holes drilled in the center. Only got it once - five smacks on the bare. The worst part was actually walking back to class and everyone realizing what happened to you.

[> [> Subject: Re: implement of choice

Author:
david
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:01:22 06/17/18 Sun

What was the reason for you getting paddled bare at school? That would have been unusual outside of a locker room paddling at my schools.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: implement of choice

Author:
Gerald
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:19:57 06/25/18 Mon

I had an altercation with a recess monitor. She was the mom of another student and was referring a game of kickball, and I objected to a call she made and accidentally blurted out an expletive.

This was a parochial school in the 60s and paddling was permitted. The Assistant Principal, a lay person, administered the spanking and she prolonged the ordeal with a long lecture. The only other good part was my mom was sympathetic and I did not get spanked again when I handed her the note informing her that I had been paddled at school that day.

Author:
Paul
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:23:22 06/25/18 Mon

I'm from England and most spankings would have been in mid 80s to early 90s. From around age 4-6 I only recall being hit with a hand. I only ever remember my dad giving me a spanking once, at around 5 or 6 over thin pyjamas that I happened to be wearing at the time, with his hand, hard, but that was all he needed and I was always more frightened of him and better behaved around him than my mum, despite my mum spanking me more frequently and with implements. He would sometimes give an occasional slap with the hand, but generally his words and the fear that he might hit me were enough. From around 7 or 8 my mum would occasionally still use her hand either over underwear, pyjamas or bare, or she would use whatever slippers or shoes she was wearing
at the time or could find easily to hand, always applied bare. It was a bit of a lottery as this could range from a mild to moderately stinging slipper, to quite robust rubber or wooden soled shoes, typically leaving bruising. The worst were probably the wooden Dr. Scholl sandals, which I remember being used more often than not from around age 9 or 10 perhaps to 12. I don't recall being spanked after 12, but I felt it was likely I would have been if I'd been caught or found out to have done something bad enough and the threat was probably mentioned from time to time. A spanking from my mum or dad always hurt and seemed to last until I'd been crying for some time.

Author:
Kelly
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:54:40 11/15/20 Sun

Im from Canada and received spankings from mid 80s to early 90s. When I was really young I recall my mom spanking me over her knee with a wooden spoon. After age 7 it was always the belt from my dad. I never received hand spankings except for the occasional warning smack if we were out in public. Some of my friends also received the wooden spoon and the belt and one even got spanked with a slipper. I dont think a paddle or switch was common for spankings in Canada during this time.

Author:
Adam
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:55:59 11/22/20 Sun

I grew up in the midwest as well and my dad's first choice was almost always the belt.

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.