VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]
Subject: Re: Paddling at School

Author:
Jim D
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 09:39:32 11/15/20 Sun
In reply to: Kevin 's message, "Paddling at School" on 19:46:25 11/28/19 Thu

My school years late 60s and 1970s. The schools did paddle. I don't know of any maximum limits. Usually the number of smacks was 3 or 5. I got 7 once but usually 4 or 5. I had a coup!e of teachers who applied their paddle freely and often. Mr.Jaworski my 7th and 8th grade math teacher he was a stickler. For order I. His class.however as the saying goes boys will be boys. I was a class clown and this got me in trouble. He did not appreciate my antics and the first week when I made a comment about something he said without raising my hand and the class laughed openly. I was taken out in to the hall and !are.to bend over hands on wall. He was big and strong and had a hard paddle. He hit me and I stood up and he said remain place or.you'll get double. Well He gave me 5 scorchers and I was in tears. I kept my mouth shut for a while anyway. He always gave me 5 for my foolishness except once I acted up during a fire.drill he gave me 7. I had to sit carefully. Every teacher had a paddle and used it.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Paddling at School

Author:
Kimmy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:58:20 12/20/20 Sun

I don't think there were limits on how many smacks you could receive in my schools. The times I was paddled in school I got between 3 &6 smacks. These were more than enough. being late for class automatically got you 3 smacks either by the teacher or if you were sent to the office for a late pass. There were few excuses for being late. Any teacher could paddle and most did. I got 6 for skipping class in 9th grade and before the principal gave me the 6 he called my mother to inform her what I had done and what he was going to do. As bad as the 6 were and they hurt alot my mother did worse. Need les to say it was along time before I contemplated skipping class.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.