Thursday, April 10, 2014 – VoyForums News: 'Heartbleed' vulnerability in OpenSSL
VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat for Free
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]
Subject: For those who give

Author:
SteveT53
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:44:39 06/11/12 Mon

For those of you who give or have had to give spankings in the past, how did you decide your method? Was it simply a matter of your giving a spanking the way you had been spanked? Or did other thoughts come into play? Did you change your method for any reason over time? How did you decide whether to take down the pants or not? These are questions I have long had but not asked.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: For those who give

Author:
melissa
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:52:01 06/12/12 Tue

we chose over the knee because it was easy . we started with hand and when the kids started school we went to the hairbrush for big things and hand for most . i was paddled laying on my parents bed and my husband was bent over a chair for his strapings .we wanted to do it a different way and it worked well

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: For those who give

Author:
Ann (Sad)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:59:32 11/30/12 Fri

I am not a parent but as a child I was also put over the knee for a spanking with a little paddle.

Author:
pc
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:08:22 07/04/13 Thu

I would like to add that parents [especially single moms]who DON'T spank may be more at risk of hurting their kids because they get so frustrated with the bad behaviour, they ''lose it'' and haul off and belt the child-then feel guilty.How many times have you seen a mom at her wits end in some public place trying om placate some bratty kid who should know better? .Far better to never let it get that far, retain control by setting clear boundaries and the consequences for ignoring them,ahead of time -and there's nothing like a good sound bare bottom spanking to reinforce that message.

Children aren't dumb-they know what they can get away with and what they can't-its the parents job to set the boundaries and be prepared to follow through,and if they do,chances are they won't need to spank very often

[> [> [> Subject: Re: For those who give

Author:
slidesandalsboy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:38:48 08/26/13 Mon

I agree with what you say- it goes with my own experience.

My parents didn't really believe in spanking for the most part. My Dad convinced my mom to let him spank me over my underpants a few times when I was five or six, but mom never approved of spanking and he stopped doing formal punishments pretty quickly.

However, before and after Dad was allowed to spank me, he would get madder and madder about my behavior, until he lost it and had a temper tantrum. While he was blowing his stack, he would outright hit me (closed fist) and once stabbed me in the shoulder with a fountain pen. The problem, of course, is that I didn't know how to be good- I never knew what would push Dad over the edge.

Far better to have formal spankings, with clear guidelines for when one is deserved. I know that in pro-CP circles admitting that spanking is an expression of parental anger is controversial, but I think that channeling anger at one's kids' behavior into discipline rather than abuse is an important function of spanking.

Author:
Michael
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:02:39 06/12/12 Tue

I have two sons and chose to discipline them the same way I was.

Primarily, because I can truly say my Father never gave me one I didn't deserve or need.

Author:
Jack
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:16:36 06/12/12 Tue

I spank and so does my wife the way I was growing up, over my lap with my hand. We haven't changed anything really even with my eldest boy when he needs a spanking.

My dad did start having me bend over and use a paddle when I was his age but I dont think that's necessary here yet. As for pants being down or up, when I was spanked mine were around my ankles with my underwear and that's how it is here as well.

Author:
Tom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:41:26 06/13/12 Wed

For the most part my wife and I were spanked similarly (over the knee, paddle or hairbrush for sting, occasionally on bare butts) when we were kids. Early on we discussed spanking and agreed tospank our three kids the similarly to how we were spanked. One thing we added was 'old fashioned' spankings (discussed elsewhere) after our kids turned 10 and lasting until they were all almost 13 (youngest has probably just had her last spanking, but we have not told her yet).

Author:
Joel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:01:39 06/20/12 Wed

Not having kids of my own yet, I haven't had much experience in the giving department. But I have given my fair share, and yes, I more or less reverted to the methods that were used on me as a child.

I have spanked my cousins' kids over the knee with the hairbrush, and my good friend's niece with the hairbrush or belt. All were given bare. Of course, I didn't just decide that on my own. If their parents didn't spank them bare, I highly doubt I would have either. I'd feel very uncomfortable with that.

Maybe I'm getting compassionate in my old age, but I also found it hard to ignore their sobbing and crying and kicking. It was difficult for me to continue spanking them, since I still remember what it felt like. I remember how my friend's niece would always come up to me after a spanking, and give me a huge hug and tell me how sorry she was, her little puppy dog eyes just overflowing with tears. It was gut wrenching.

Does compassion ever get the better of you when you are spanking your own kids, or is it strictly business, and something that has to be done?

Author:
Douglas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:28:52 06/20/12 Wed

Yeah, the puppy dog eyes are the worst!

I never understood the notion of "don't spank when you're angry". For me when I spanked my own daughters, if I left it until later when I wasn't nearly as mad, it was much more likely the spanking wouldn't happen. I always found it much easier to get past the cute, puppy dog eyes routine and give a serious spanking when I was still angry with them.

I also think a spanking given while still angry conveys the parents raw emotions better and make the spanking more meaningful to the child. For me, a spanking given later after the parent has calmed down makes them seem cold or even mean. Just my opinion.

Author:
JimG to Douglas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:16:51 04/07/13 Sun

Hi Douglas, I get your point, but I believe the admonition to "not spank when angry" is really about safety concerns for the child . An angry man (Adrenalin swirling around in his system) might end up spanking harder than he actually realizes that he is, and this could make the spanking too severe or hard . In extreme cases, it could even lead to a child's being injured which would be abuse . Of course, I realize that many angry spankers would have enough self control to keep from "overdoing" it, but I'd venture to say not ALL .

I'd think that if fairly soon after a spanking is administered, there's a loving cuddling session with the child; then that would be sufficient to erase any notion that the child might have had that his or her spanker had been "hard hearted" or anything like that . For an older child, just a hug or two might suffice for that . This would seem reasonable to me .

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: For those who give

Author:
Douglas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:41:43 04/08/13 Mon

Agreed on all points, Jim.

Author:
Ann
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:32:27 06/30/12 Sat

I spank over the knee, bare, and with the hairbrush. I started out spanking only with my hand, but it didn't seem to be working. Then one day I consulted my mom, who pointed out some simple reminders of how I was spanked as a child (over the knee, bare, and with the hairbrush).

Mom said spanking serves two purposes, punishment for misbehavior, and deterrent for future misbehavior. Most important, mom explained that an effective in both ways, spanking should not take long, but nor should it 'just hurt a little.' Simply put, mom said a spanking should be fast and cause a brief but unbearable sting, so the child suffers for poor behavior, and has something to remember vividly next time.

I started out spanking light because my childhood memories of the spankings I got were something I didn't want to pass on. However, as much as it hurts me to admit it, mom was right, and now that my spanking approach has changed, my kids' behavior has improved.

Author:
Dawn
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:07:14 07/01/12 Sun

Now that you've changed your approach and there has been a behavior improvement do you spank less often? I too use the hairbrush and find that spankings in our house have gone down in number since I switched.

Author:
Ann
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:00:33 07/01/12 Sun

Spankings have definitely become less frequent since I started strict practice of the bare/brush approach over two years ago. Generally each of my kids earns 2-3 spankings during a year, but it used to be 5-6 when I used my hand (usually hand over the seat of the pants.

There is a huge difference between the two approaches.

Author:
Dawn
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:55:05 07/02/12 Mon

Do you get a lot of good behavior promises as you get ready for the spanking. How do you answer them?

Author:
Ann
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:27:01 07/02/12 Mon

Always! And I always give some short 'one liner' reply that makes clear that they will get exactly what they deserve.

Last time my eight year old got it a bit over a month ago, just as I started to guide him over my knee, he very earnestly said "Momma I am very sorry, PLEASE don't spank me!

My reply:

"I am very sorry too, but sorry is not good enough. The only thing that is good enough is a good red butt. Bend over now!"

How do you handle these situations Dawn?

[> Subject: Re: For those who give -- reply to pleas

Author:
Alfred
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:37:25 09/23/12 Sun

Ann's rejoinider to her son's poignant plea not to get it was really quite honest and to the point. Ann told him that she had regrets as did he, but that having regrets was not enough to insure future improved behavior.

" ... sorry is not good enough. The only thing that is good enough is a good red butt. Bend over now!"

I think this explanation would be very helpful since the memory aid piece is different from the regret element. Each is important for a different reason. I would emphasize that seeming sincere on the regret front, for both mom and son, would be central. Insincere regrets would not be appropriate for either.

Author:
Cynthia
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:05:24 09/23/12 Sun

The first spanking I ever gave was when I was 18. My parents took my grandma to Mexico to visit her brother and sister and see her home town one last time. I got left in charge of my 8 year old sister.

She was a BRAT. She was terrible the whole first week. She would not do her homework or clean up after herself or anything. Would not go to bed. Acted like it was a two week party. While I did not get the license to spank her that my parents always gave my grandma when they left me with her, I finally took it upon myself. I mean...I thought to myself how bad I would have gotten it if I had tried this at 8. I couldn't decide how to go about it, but then I remembered several friends talking about getting spanked with a wooden spoon. I held my sister down on her bed and spanked her hard with the spoon. She was pissed but the second week went MUCH better. I really don't think my mom was that happy when the second she walked through the door my sister complained that I had spanked her. But she was so worn out from the trip that she pretty much told my sister to get over it.

The day I became a parent I swore not to spank. And each time I have broken my oath, I have spanked in a pretty similar way to what I did to my sister. I guess I figured if it worked once, it will work again. So I guess I arrived at something pretty different than the ways I got spanked growing up.

Author:
Sarah
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:23:03 09/24/12 Mon

Unless we were receiving swats, mom always spanked us over her knee and on our bare bottom. When my sisters and I were younger, mom used her hand, then went to the wooden spoon and finally switched to the hairbrush, which she used until she stopped spanking us.

I have spanked mine very much the same way in how mom had spanked us, including the use of the same implements. The only difference being is I have added a Lexan paddle with mine (along with the hairbrush) when they got to be in their teens.

Sarah

Author:
Paul (RPB)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:07:33 11/16/12 Fri

My mom read a poem, "The Patter of the Shingle" to us kids when I was about 8 or 9 and selected a thin one abour 4" wide & a foot or so long. She put it up on a shelf in the utility room (woodshed) as it was called when a spanking was going to happen. It eventually god used and with much success, so much so that it became almost the universal implement. Some bare bottom hand spankings were still administered depending on the time and place but thwe shingle was used far more often. Mom retained the otk position to show use we were not too big to spank as long as we lived at home.

Author:
Gary Steven
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:49:39 09/26/12 Wed

My late wife and I both believed in spanking. She and I both got bare bottom spankings as kids and did the same with ours. When I spanked it was usually bare and over the knee with my hand. Usually the number of swats depended on the age of the child. Sometimes depending on the situation they might get a few extra. My kids usually averaged three to four spankings a year. As they got a little older, sometimes I might use a hand made paddle I had or a belt. I had a belt that I used specifically for spanking them. It was leather but very light and about an inch wide. Even if I were to have used it full force (which I never did) it would not have inflicted much damage. It was more intimidating than painful. After a couple of times being spanked with the belt, my daughter came back into the living room and asked me if from now on, I would use the belt when I spanked her. When I asked why she said, "The belt doesn't hurt as much as it does when you use your hand." Of the two, my son averaged more spankings than my daughter did, but even at that it was rarely more than five per year.

My children were each eleven the last time I spanked their bare butts. Although I did threaten them a few times afterward. I told them each the last time I spanked them, "You are too old for a spanking, but if you are going to act like a five year old, I will spank you like one."

I also used other punishments and saved spanking for certain behaviors or if other punishments failed. Also, I'm a firm believer in having to have rewards as well as punishment to achieve a good balance. So in that respect, I may have been guilty of spoiling them sometimes. My kids were good kids for the most part, rarely got in any trouble in school and have become awesome adults.

Author:
Cordelia
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:05:04 09/27/12 Thu

I was spanked as a girl, but it was always over my knickers. Before I had my son I would have probably said I was against spanking, but when I was faced with a defiant four year old nature took over and I hauled his shorts and pants down before smacking his bottom.

When Jack go to 8 hand spanking was becoming less successful and I was having to make a real effort to hit hard for it to work - and that felt wrong.

So I experimented with spanking him with the back of a wooden hairbrush and it worked very well. Once I changed to hairbrush spanking I used to have him come down at bedtime in his pyjamas. When they are little you have to spank on the spot so they understand what it is for, but when Jack was older I thought it was better if we both had a chance to cool down.

If you are using an implement then a bare bottom is a lot safer - you can see what you are doing. And a bare bottom shows you where it has been spanked and how thoroughly!

I didn't take his pyjama bottoms down to humiliate him, but I think it does show that Mum is the boss - "I am in charge and look what I can do if I want to".

Author:
StevenL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:48:19 09/27/12 Thu

Cordelia - you must have been friends with my Aunt (LOL). My father left my mom and I when I was very young and my aunt, who was going to college, moved in when I was 3 to look after me while my mother worked. She was a kind aunt (and still is) but she was old fashioned in her method of punishment. When I misbehaved it was off to my room to change into my pjs (if I wasn't already weraring them). She would come in, yank my pjs bottoms down pull me over her lap and thoroughly work on my butt. She used only her hand until I turned 8 or 9 then it was a combination of her hand and (mostly) her hairbrush. Right before the spanking she would grab my chin and lecture me. I can still remember vividly how her hand would smell like a combination of perfume and cigarettes (she would often smoke right before she spanked). It just sounds so much like the way you disciplined your children.

Author:
Danny
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:09:14 10/30/12 Tue

Cordelia, that was how I felt when my mother did the same. It reminded me that she ruled our house and that if I messed up she had a right to administer consequences.

Author:
Cordelia
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:56:53 11/30/12 Fri

Steven and Danny

Thanks for replying. My Jack was a lovely boy and is a fine young man, and I have always been very proud of him. However, a single mother with a son has to be the boss, and I could not have done without spanking.

Author:
Brucie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:12:51 07/04/13 Thu

Cordelia, your posts on this forum demonstrate an excellent understanding of spanking as far more than just a form of corporal punishment. You eloquently put the lie to any blind dismissal of "spanking" as simply a euphemism for "hitting."

I especially liked when you wrote "I am in charge and look what I can do if I want to". Paddling Jack's bare bottom across your lap taught him invaluable lessons in personal accountability. Sounds to me like you did wonders as a single Mum raising a typical boy to become a respectful and responsible young man. Well done!

Author:
Cordelia
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:11:31 07/07/13 Sun

Brucie

You are very kind. What amused me, if one of Jack's friends was grounded, was how indignant Jack was on his behalf. He clearly thought there were worse things than a spanking.

And if there was an event like the village fete to which Jack and his friends had been looking forward, there was always one of them who was grounded on the day or had been given no pocket money as a punishment.

Jack may have gone across my lap the night before, but he always went to the fete!

Author:
Brucie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:25:55 07/08/13 Mon

What it tells me, Cordelia, is that Jack was properly taught (sorry if I've said this elsewhere, but it's a significant truth) the critical lesson of Actions & Consequences. Getting his bare bottom spanked across your knee could not have been any more clearly defined as a penalty for misbehaving. So, the misbehaving was effectively dealt with, but except for the standard after-effects from a sound bottom warming, life went on as usual, no? Again, much to your credit.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: For those who give

Author:
Cordelia
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:56:21 07/13/13 Sat

I am pleased to say that Jack was always happy and affectionate the morning after a spanking, even though he had sometimes been clutching a very red bottom when I followed him upstairs to help him into bed the night before.

I had a few clear rules for him as little boys need things in black and white (they are not good at shades of grey) and that also madet easy for him to be a good boy.

And you are right that a bare bottom spanking with the back of my special hairbrush was a clearly defined punishment and it was also one that he could not ignore. It was formal and it stung.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: For those who give

Author:
Brucie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:27:47 07/16/13 Tue

Cordelia, even though you provide an address, I'm sorry you don't seem interested in email exchanges. And yet, you respond to me here. Do you not realize it's the same person?

Author:
Ben
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:48:46 09/29/12 Sat

When I was a kid spanking was the default punishment. The wife got the odd smack when she was a girl but not a real spanking. When we had kids we agreed that smacking would only be part of our armoury and mostly our boys get time outs when they are naughty. Sometimes they get a smack on the spot from either of us and occasionally I give them a spanking which is OTK bare - the same as I got. When I was about 10 I moved on to slipperings but we have agreed that we will not use any implements so when they are 10/11 and too big for a spanking then groundings will be used.

Author:
Tracey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:44:03 12/10/12 Mon

My husband and I started spanking our son and daughter with our hand, then progressed to hand on bare butt. Then around the age of 5 we, by accident, progressed to a paint stick because our hand was not enough of a deterrent. We must have gone to Home Depot and in the aisle where the paint sticks are, there are also cement/plaster stir sticks (free). We had one in the house and someone misbehaved and my husband put it to good use. It was perfect. About 18 inches long, 1 inch wide and 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. It was used until they were about 11 or 12. We kept it on top of the built in microwave. They had to explain to many friends what it was and why it was up there. We kept it there until our youngest one was 16 at least.

Author:
T. Bartleby
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:51:22 12/12/12 Wed

I didn't spank my son when he was growing up, but I can report that my father spanked my brother and me the same his father spanked him: with the hand, over the knee and on the bare bottom. I know this because he once described a spanking he had gotten from my grandfather and it matched his own practice.

Author:
kim
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:46:07 12/15/12 Sat

we use over the knee with our two girls. both of us were spanked by parents that way. we use the hand for small things for most we use a wooden spoon . both my parents and the inlaws used the wooden spoon

Author:
Connie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:58:39 12/17/12 Mon

My husband got bare bottom otk spankings from his mom as a boy with either a hand or hairbrush so I elected to spank my two boys the same way.

Author:
JDA to Connie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:38:39 12/18/12 Tue

Connie were you spanked as a child and if so how?

Author:
Grumpy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:03:22 12/19/12 Wed

For those of you who progressed from hand to implement or from clothed to bare, did you announce this change to the family beforehand, or were those spanked blindsided (blindbottomed?) by the new method? If you varied your technique, what was the deciding factor, and did you let the offender know what was coming each time?

Author:
Rebecca
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:05:41 12/26/12 Wed

We started out using our hand when our kids were younger (all got their first "spankins" when they were between three and four). We paddle after the age of about five and a half or six. Most of our paddlings are on the pants. The paddle works just fine over clothing, so fo us, bare bottom paddlings are uncommon, and for the most serious misbehaviors when we want a little more emphasis.

Author:
Cory to Rebecca
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:31:59 12/26/12 Wed

Rebecca how old are your children, What kind of paddle do you use? do you alternate the cheeks? are the spankings/ paddling given over the knee in there bedroom?

Author:
Kimy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:13:45 12/19/12 Wed

I wasn't spanked much as a girl, but I hated every single spanking. Those painful memories were something I didn't want to pass on. So before I had my daughter I was a hundred percent against spanking. I changed my mind when Liz became 6.
I don't like spanking her.In fact, I usually give her numerous chances and warnings to straighten out the problem before I do.

Author:
Grumpy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:57:35 12/20/12 Thu

Kimi, now that you''ve taken up spanking in spite of your initial opposition, do you find yourself duplicating your parents' spanking methods?. What about others who spank? How much do you imitate the manner in which you got punished?

Author:
Rebecca
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:59:46 12/26/12 Wed

My husband and I both were paddled as kids. Before we had kids I promised myself I would NEVER hit my own kids. But when my first was about three and a half, and her misbehaviors seemed to become more willful (instead of just being a toddler who didn't know better) I began to question that.

My husband and I had several good discussions and decided we would spank (for us this means hand only) and eventually paddle the same way we were paddled. For us that means hard enough to really hurt, and enough swats to make it a punishment.

Author:
Andy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:39:02 02/20/13 Wed

Like others here, my wife and I discussed views on child discipline before getting married. We both were spanked and agreed it worked.

We spank a bit differently from one another but the intent (to leave a good stinging that lasts just long enough to be a oinishment) and result (usually a good red butt, and a kid left with something to remember) are basically the same.

I use a short wooden paddle that I made in the garage. I spank about ten times and on the pants for most infractions, but have spanked on the bare and around twenty times for more serious behaviors and for the older kids.

My wife uses my paddle or a wood spoon on our younger kids, and a big solid hairbrush on our older kids. She is smaller than me and prefers a bare butt.

I tend to spank slower, and she spanks at a faster pace.

Author:
John for Andy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:23:50 02/21/13 Thu

Hi Andy, What age did you start using the paddle with your kids? Do you paddle over the lap or just have them bend over to get a paddling?

Author:
Peter
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:43:30 04/08/13 Mon

Our two are spanked at home by similar methods to what their mum and I received, but a little less often and quite a bit less fiercely, I think. A smart hand or a slipper does the trick - lots of noise, just enough sting and no damage. It's enough to make the point and make them think, with a tiny bit of ceremony to add the gravitas. But with the UK law as it now stands, you have to keep things on the mild side of medium. I think what we have retained is the principle that a smacked bottom is still the right thing, and a good deal better than a lot of nagging or shouting. I wonder if that old pendulum will actually swing back and the nation will one day realise that children's rights include the right to set of clear rules - and penalties if they are broken.

Author:
pc
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:34:40 07/04/13 Thu

we spanked our children for the same reasons and with the same technique our parents spanked us,always over the knee,bare bottom and with a rubber spatula.Spankings were never threatened and not followed though,once a spanking was warned as a consequence,and we chose not to pay attention,it was delivered no amount of begging or pleading deterred it.If we were out in company and misbehaved[we were always warned ahead of time] the inevitable''you will wait downstairs'' was what was said when the car came in the driveway,and you waited in the spare room while the rest of the family went on in.Evenetually,you heard your parents coming down the stairs,one carrying the rubber spatula.You were reminded you had been warned and what the consequences would be-a spanking.The routine never varied,they sat down side by side on the sofa,you had your pants taken down,and positioned over fathers knee-mother held your hands so you couldn't ''reach back''and try to cover your now bare bottom.Children inevitably ''clinch''their bottoms in anticipation,which could result in bruising,so the last thing that happened was your legs were spread slightly making clenching impossable,and the spanking was administered-all I remember is I felt like I was going to burst it stung so bad.there was no trying to retain your composure-you were soon bawling and kicking, but nothing stopped the proceedings-and when the bottom was well spanked,you were immediately sent to your room with the admonition that ''perhaps next time you would be obediant''
funny enough,it worked and our parents pointed out families who spanked and those who didn't-their kids were inevitably bratty and rude,spanked kids were generally polite and well behaved-good life lessons that there were boundaries and consequences for those who chose to ignore them.

Some people asked us ''at what age do you stop spanking''-and we ,as our parents always answered-''when they stop acting like children''-and when our 14 year old daughter who was being rude and disrespectful to her mother ,after being warned what would happen if she continued,insisted ''she was too old too be spanked like a child ''I replied,''I couldn't aggree more-but when you act like a child,you will be treated like a child''-and proceeded to put her over my knee and administer a sound spanking on her bare bottom,much to her chagrin....and it worked,it took a couple of times,but she ''got the message''and treated her mother with respect after what I call the ''booster shot''-just to let them know they aren't too old to have their bottoms spanked

Author:
Jean
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:52:22 08/12/13 Mon

I learned by example and can recall how I was spanked by my mom and dad, so I follow their approach. We also live with my parents since my husband died, so they have given me some pointers.

My daughter is six, and in the past few months she has been introduced to paddlings with a small but solid stick of wood like my dad used. She gets between her age two as much as twice her age. It works just fine over the pants, but I have given her two bare bottom paddlings as well. Previously she got it with my hand, on the bare bottom.

In a couple of years she will graduate up to my mom's hairbrush.

Author:
Danny
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:53:43 09/25/13 Wed

What factor determines whether you paddle dd on her bare bottom or let her keep her pants up?

Author:
Jean
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:15:48 10/09/13 Wed

I really see no distinction between whether a parent should spank or not on the bare, but the decision was just that she now seems old enough that when her misbehaviors were a bit more serious or repeated (something she has been punished for before), spanking her bare bottom has more emphasis.

When I was young I was spanked more on the bare by my mom, whereas with dad they were more uncommon. In either case, because I was sometimes spanked over pants, hearing before some spankings that my pants were to come down made the spanking itself more scary (to add to the already definite crisper sting).

Author:
Connie to JDA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:45:43 12/28/13 Sat

JDA, I was allowed to keep my panties on when spanked as a little girl. But my husband got it bare from his mom and she convinced me to do the same with our boys.

Author:
Alan to Connie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:23:04 12/29/13 Sun

What did your mother in law say to convince you that bare was best for your boys? What did your husband think?

Author:
Connie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:21:48 12/30/13 Mon

She mentioned how effective it had been for my husband, that it would hurt more, and so on. My husband was completely supportive.

Author:
frankb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:41:42 02/08/14 Sat

I have spanked my boys on occasion, but always over a clothed bottom and never with an implement, only with the hand. I was given lengthy, hard bare butt spankings with wooden implements when I was a child, and I did not want to do the same to my kids. I do not consider what happened to me as abusive, but it was somewhat cruel. Now I sort of question whether or not I would have been just as well behaved without the hard bare butt spankings.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.