[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: 05:27:44 10/20/10 Wed
Okay, so I was playing Neo Geo games on Windows 7,
using an old version of MAME.
Everything went smoothly, AT FIRST.
Then, suddenly, the NEO GEO games did NOT work.
But, all other MAME games worked fine.
SO, after pulling my hair out,
I finally saw a main culprit of the problem:
Virtually all anti-virus programs affect how MAME handles.
I also noticed, that the .INI file was missing.
OF course, the .INI is very important.
And, you can see it near the MAME Exe.
SO, I happened to save the INI to an external drive.
And, when I dragged it to the MAME folder,
Low and behold, the NEO GEO games were working again.
BUt, it's more complicated than that.
And, I think, I finally solved the puzzle.
(actually, I didn't fix the problem,
I just figured out exactly what's wrong).
Next Post :
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]