VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]
Subject: Re: Summer Camps

Author:
John (Mad)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 04:38:33 05/05/19 Sun
In reply to: Odd Job 's message, "Re: Summer Camps" on 02:12:36 05/05/19 Sun

Damn, Odd Job, that was a great post! So much in it to discuss!

First, it is nice to have an alternate explanation of how this could have occurred, other that my conclusion of evil pedofile Moms. I am not convinced but I thought your macro-society molding points very interesting.

My problem with your theory is while the structures were in place (nude swimming meets, summer camps, etc), the parents still had to make the decision to attend them with their forced naked son. If he objected, they still had to overcome his resistance, which I understand usually occurred through beatings (or the more polite term spankings). I have a hard time giving the Moms (who I understand was the primary decision maker in regard to the conditions regarding raising the children) a pass by saying she simply didn't know right from wrong. Or explain the Mom's cruelty as simply due to the group of Moms who participated were somehow afflicated with mass stupidity or incompetence.

So while I would like to exonerate the Mom's behavior as being due to these factors or the result of the government' desire to make males into docile, order-obeying, machine-gun fodder for their various wars, I can't get there. The government might want this, but they have to overcome the Mothers' supposed normal instinct to protect her childen from pain and harm. Unless that supposed instinct is just a myth like motherhood being viewed as close to sainthood, and in reality females have no such instinct or greater empathy than men.

Your ending point about the lack of empathy or compassion of the women's postings on this site was also noticed by me and seems to support the empathy myth. There really is no empathy for the male victims in these postings but lots of joyful comments about the thrill of seeing the boy's humiliation! In these posts, the women posters say they delighted in the boys' embarrassment and humiliation so I believe that the Moms who caused it also delighted in this. Certainly no empathy either then or now exhibited by any of the females involved.

While it might have been the government's desire to mold boys into docile men, there is no mechanism to compell the Moms to be so cruel to their sons. And make no mistake, they were cruel!

The Moms could not comprehend their son's embarrassment and humiliation when it was obvious through the situation, his direct words to her and his body language, what their son's position was and reasons for it clear. Further, it is not believable that the Mom couldn't imagine if she was subjected to the same. To put it a new way, say she took her son to the dentist and the dentist started drilling without administering novocaine and the son screamed in pain, do you think the Mom realistically couldn't understand his pain because she was not personally experiencing it? It was too big of a leap to imagine how she would feel if she were in the dentist's chair instead of her son? I call BS on that defense.

The Mom happily denied all her son's arguments, beat him through naked spankings to overcome his objections, then gleefully attended his humiliating events with daughters and daughters' friends in tow. How, again, was she not evil? And why was she compelled to be evil, if there was no sexual satisfaction need being met? I still conclude she was an evil pedofile because that to me still best explains the Mom's behavior.

Your slave comment was an interesting analogy attempt. I agree that it was similar in that it is a part of our history and it was wrong. But a big difference was it was the law of the land at least in the south and everyone had to participate at some level, even if you were white and didn't own slaves. Not the same here - no one forced the Mom to force her son to be naked. That is all on her.

But while I highlighted our differences, I actually agreed with much of what you said and your tone. Really appreciate your knowledgeable perspective. I am going to have to look up those researchers you mentioned.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.