VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]
Subject: Re: Summer Camps

Author:
Jimmy
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 18:25:58 05/03/20 Sun
In reply to: Olga to Donna 's message, "Re: Summer Camps" on 16:48:44 05/03/20 Sun

"... and never saw either boys or girls without swimsuits...'-

- how they take shower? In swimsuits??"

We always took off our swimsuits to take showers naked after swimming in the open shower room, under the supervision of the girl counselors till age 12.
The girls had a separate shower room.

Only the boys that misbehaved or played dangerously during swimming were made t take off their swimsuit and continue to swim naked as punishment to make them behave better.
The swimming was mixed.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Summer Camps

Author:
Joel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:53:34 05/03/20 Sun

I was at church camp and we swam nude with girls in suits! 1954, all the boys swam nude, it was the way it was. The girls loved it as some boys were show offs and other boys just were not ready for it.
You got to understand that you were totally nude in front of girls! Think about it! They got to see everything and for long periods of time. It wasn't like a flash
or something, the girls were right there beside you. I got a boner many times because of that. It did get embarrassing k owing they could see ours but we couldn't see theirs!

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Summer Camps

Author:
Curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:05:53 05/03/20 Sun

"I was at church camp and we swam nude with girls in suits! 1954, all the boys swam nude, it was the way it was. The girls loved it as some boys were show offs and other boys just were not ready for it."

I am sure that many boys enjoyed the thrill and excitement of swimming naked in front of girls.
I always wondered what it would have been like if I was in the same situation as a boy growing up.
Maybe we did do some dares in front of the girls while swimming, like depantsing each other for fun and similar stuff, but being a normal thing swimming naked together with girls in swimsuits as was the custom in those days in some places is hard for me to imagine at that age.
I don't know if I would have felt embarrassed and humiliated or simply enjoying it and finding it exciting.

The irony is that it would be considered as rude today if boys showed themselves naked in front of girls, even if they wanted to, while in the past it was the norm in many places and nobody objected.
Which is why I am always bringing the argument that one cannot judge the past by the present. Customs vary in different times and different places, and what seems normal to some may be objectionable to others with different customs.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.