VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]
Subject: Re: Summer Camps

Author:
Manuel
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:00:30 11/01/20 Sun
In reply to: Sandy 's message, "Re: Summer Camps" on 11:36:21 11/01/20 Sun

this is why parents should talk to their kids about masturbation.

there are people out there saying just that - that its shameful and should not be done.

that is what my parents were trying to prevent as we were growing up.

they knew we were going to masturbate. it should not be discouraged. this is normal.

from early on, we were told it was okay to masturbate. i remember that day when it first came up. Dad and Mom told us at the dinner table. the conversation was aimed at my older brother. but me and my sisters had to be present. from the beginning, Dad said to my brother not to be embarrassed by what they were going to say. and right after that, turned and looked at us, each of us, individually, making sure that we understood this was a family issue. at the time i didn't understand, as my older brother was two years older than me. but i remember the conversation. my brother was about 11 and getting a tone of erections. i was 9. my sisters were 7 and 6. well. my 7 year old sister may have been 8, as we are closer to a year and a half apart. so she may have been like 8 at that time. and my youngest sister is a year younger than her.

anyway, when it was my turn for this same discussion. Dad said not to be embarrassed. he did ask not to do this in the bathroom as everyone had access to the bathroom and we saw each other naked everyday. he said to do it in the privacy of our room, close the door. Mom pretty much kept tissue handy for the clean up, but Dad said to use whatever is handy on the times there is no tissue, but to definitely clean up after ourselves. which led to the conversation about ejaculation, pregnancy, sex, nudity, dating, girlfriends.

i do encourage families to sit down and talk about everything. everything. and don't be embarrassed or ashamed.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> Subject: Re: Summer Camps

Author:
Ken
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:45:05 11/01/20 Sun

Manuel, it would also be a great time for the doctor to explain the male anatomy to his sister and what the parts of the penis are and about his testicles including being able to feel them. Who better to have do this then a doctor
[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Summer Camps

Author:
jean the frenchie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:18:42 11/02/20 Mon

Some comments and questions about Konstantin message which were in a previous message but not in the good order

I notice that after your experience of being washed by just a little older girls at 11 age in the russian pionners camps, from 12 age to 15 age, you were left alone to wash yourself, even if it was under supervision and without any embarrassing check of genitals and crack after the washing.

When I read some relations of boy students in a boarding school who had been submitted to such checks by a matron woman or female nurse after bath or shower even at that age, it seems that it could have been worse for you between 12 and 15!

You said that after you have had two physical examinations for the draft process, one at 16 age, and one at 18 age, and that it was full exam, What does it mean exactly "full exam".

And you said "without any modesty" but you did not say what does it mean ?, how was the set up of your draft physical examinations at 16 and 18 age? if it was exactly the same? and if at that older age you were naked in front of women or girls almost your age and how you were treated and examined ?

And you said that you admitted it as "part of a man life " and had no shame because you were already a big boy?

I don't understand how you could have been more embarrassed at 11age than at 16age or 18 if seen naked by a lot of persons.?

Of course it was part of man life and well known in many countries with military service.
Even in France every boy and his parents knew that he might report in front of a draft board commission to be examined stark naked with all a group of young men who had reached like him the age of 18 in a large examinatin room in the mayor facility.

It was really embarrassing but it was the tradition in France until middle of the 60's and each boy might comply to the summon and on the day of the session of the draft board commission he had to parade in the nude in front of ten or twelwe members of the commission with possibly one or two women to decide of his fitness for military service after an embarrassing examination by a military doctor in front of them.

So it was rule and tradition and part of life of a young man but very unpleasant and embarrassing !

And it was at 18 age in France, not at 16 age followed by a second examination at 18 age. I am not sure that it was less embarrassing at 16 age and you might be treated with still less respect of dignity since you were certainly considered by adults as still "lads" and treated more rudely.

So, I am surprised that you seem to have best admitted these draft physical examinations when you were a male teenager than the washing by girls at 11 age?

Of course it was not at all the same situation but the sense of modesty was normally less developped at 11 age.
[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Summer Camps

Author:
jean the frenchie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:35:43 11/02/20 Mon

to "Dim "

you asked at me :" what if that bathing practice was a kind of boys preparation for military service?"

I don't think so ; in my opinion there was not a direct link between the bathing practice in the russian summer camps which was apparetly a common practice very usual during several years and was the following of some equal practices at home which were related by "Olga" with her twin brothers and the nudity and strict obedience of draftees during military service.

It seems to me that it was something which was widespread in Russia with the idea that older girls were able and enough mature to care on the cleanliness of younger boys, the smaller ones, and that it was educational for them. There was noyhing sexual nor scandalous in that practice and it was supervised by older girls counsellors.

May be the way it was set up with a line of boys waiting in the nude their turn was inspired by military methods to win time but it did not seem that the discipline was very strict and the manners and words of the counsellors and the "older girls" very rude! they had more a "motherly" attitude than that of a sergeant drill!

The boys could have been prepared to military service and practice of nudity in public in other situations like for instance school physical examinations.

If it was the purpose of the authorities in charge of the summer camps they would have decided that the boys might swim in the nude but it was not the case.
[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Summer Camps

Author:
Daniel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:15:48 11/03/20 Tue

At our summer camp in the 1950s we had an army surplus field shower set up at the end of the tent row.
It was a high flat-bed trailer with two rows of shower heads running from the back to the front of the trailer.
A wood frame ran down the middle for soap and stuff. There was a waist high canvas curtain along the sides. The water was heated by a wood-burning boiler at the far end of the trailer. The cook's husband fired up the boiler each morning and sounded a high pitched steam whistle when the water was hot. Guys would come dashing out of the tents (army surplus squad tents on wood frames) clutching towels and toilet kits. A wood boardwalk ran from the end of the tent row to both the showers and the lavatory, which was yet beyond the showers.
Maybe 12 or more boys could use the shower at one time.
A second, shorter trailer served as the dressing room. It had benches running down the outer edge of each side, but no side curtains.
You simply, stripped, went naked over to the shower trailer bed, showered, and came back to, hopefully find your own towel and toilet kit.
There was no overhead tenting on the shower trailer frame. There could be quite a few leaves to kick away in a morning after a windy night. It did not fire up on heavy rain storm days. There was no kind of drainage. The shower water simply ran down the hill from behind the shower deck of the trailer.
The lavatory was a deep pit with a wood platform built over it. Around the three outside edges of the platform was a chair high u-shape box with oval holes built up on the wood floor. the holes opened to the pit below. A wood hinged lid covered each hole, and opened fully to the back when a boy needed to use it.
Just inside the seat (oval hole in the wood box top) on the top of the front of the box was an angled metal pee deflector, that protected the upper inside wood from the boy's urine flow, and deflected it downward into the hole. Anyone who has experienced such a camping history will remember the musical high to low tune of the boy's urine flow splattering against that metal deflector.
Rolls of toilet paper were located around the box. There were always enough, but an experienced camper usually made sure he selected a hole near a roll. Otherwise, he would find himself asking some other boy to "Please pass the toilet paper".
In the center of the u was a round galvanized funnel rising out of the floor. That was the urinal. It was around three or four feet in diameter. A ball of steel wool and a piece of window screen covered the hole in the center, to catch anything dropped into it.
An inverted yellow, wooden Coke soda case, and an inverted red and white Abbott's Dairy milk bottle case were there for younger boys to stand on.
The lavatory was covered with a high army surplus square tent on a wood frame. It had heavy duty screening and full canvas sides, which were usually rolled all the way up. There was room for at least 10 boys sitting and six or more standing around the funnel. Aqua (urine) stream dueling was a common activity.
[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Summer Camps

Author:
Chuck
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:09:24 11/03/20 Tue

Thank you for relating your very detailed, but accurate description of actual circumstances at your camp.
Our privi had two seat boxes, facing each other. The holes each had a horseshoe shaped, open front toilet seat, with a lid. The toilet paper was on rollers between the seats. The urinal was at the end, between the seats. It was a metal lined wooden trough that drained to one end. I liked your reference to the musical tunes produced by a boy's pee as he directed it against the rear metal sheet that extended up the frame at the back of the urinal trough.
Thanks for the memories.
[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Summer Camps

Author:
Konstantin to Chuck and Daniel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:25:14 11/03/20 Tue

In our Summer camp ( in Soviet union) in toilet (lavatory) were 6 holes without any barriers among them and boys were sitting in line for #2. In front holes on the floor was linear urinal and urinating boys were standing in front pooping.
[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Summer Camps

Author:
george
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:47:00 11/03/20 Tue

In the far back of my mind, I can hear the sound of fellow camper peeing against the sheet metal liners of those campground outhouse privis.
It really was musical, I guess.
[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Summer Camps

Author:
Larry
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:36:21 11/03/20 Tue

I remember that sound like it was yesterday. Started high, then trailed down as the stream got weaker. Then one or two high pitched spurts.
[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Summer Camp open latrines

Author:
Curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:22:33 11/03/20 Tue

Did you boys ever have female counsellors or girls supervising or watching you while you peed against the wall in these ditch latrines?
[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Summer Camp open latrines

Author:
Larry to Curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:08:37 11/03/20 Tue

There were no female counsellors, just older guys.
However, the wash house, as we called the latrine, was downhill from the mess hall {dining room} and we could see, from time to time, the Director's daughter watching out of the back window, with a clear view into the open door latrine.
At ground level, there was a vision block wall in front of the wash house door, which was always open, but from the upper location of the mess hall window, anyone could see into the space and see boys standing in front of the trough, and peeing.
That trough had that sheet metal backing others have been talking about.
With the windows open, it could have been possible to have heard that sound several people have mentioned.
On a good day, she , or anybody else, could have seen and heard we boys peeing.
[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Summer Camps

Author:
Helen to Chuck
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:23:13 11/03/20 Tue

Thank you for your description of the privi at your camp.
Did you mean that for the whole group of campers, at least the boys, there were only two box seats available. That seems like a small number for a group of resident campers.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.