VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]
Subject: Males did not swim naked to please girls and women

Author:
Observer
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 23:14:31 12/11/20 Fri

The idea and belief that males swam naked, whether forced or voluntary, to please female spectators is mistaken in my opinion.
In fact it was women who objected to males over a certain age after puberty swimming naked in front of them and their daughters.
The laws concerning males swimming naked on public beaches started to change in the late 19th and early 20th century forbidding males over age 15 to swim naked in public because it offended public decency in public places like holiday beaches.
Puberty started later for boys than it is today, so a 15 year old boy would probably be the equivalent of a 13 year old boy today.
It seems that women did not object to boys before puberty swimming naked in front of them or their daughters since they were not sexually mature at that age, which is why it was so common at the time.
Undoubtedly many women and girls enjoyed the sight of the nude boys till that age, but I don't think it was as sexual as many here make it, with few exceptions.
I think the admiration was more aesthetic rather than sexual.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Males did not swim naked to please girls and women

Author:
Greg
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:42:09 12/12/20 Sat

I agree.
Like many other posters here have said we only swam naked at meets till age 13. It wasn't a big deal for us boys since we were used to it from a young age. If it was considered as sexual at that age it would certainly not have been allowed.
The teenage teams always wore swim briefs if there were female spectators.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.