VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]
Subject: Public nude swimming

Author:
Jay Dahlgren (Enjoyable)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 22:24:32 12/12/20 Sat

Well, I can tell you this (nudity) really did happen, I was part of these gym classes in ‘62 ‘63, ’64 and 1965, when I graduated (I am into my 70’s now). We boys were required to swim completely naked (no towels were even allowed), and while the girls had a gym class after us (so we did not swim mixed), but often they would come into the pool area early and see us as we finished our swim and started heading to the shower room. Initially it was strange being required to remove all our clothing and swim with a group of about 25 other high school boys, all definitely in different forms of development. These classes were held at the Y, only a 5 minute walk from our school, and ran from December to April, twice a week for two hours each. It was really difficult for me as a 9th grader, but near the end of the first month of doing this, I really didn’t even give a thought to having the girls class see me naked. I do not know if they were swimming naked, because we used the single locker room first and the girls used it after we left. No question, the girls had a full view of 25 high school boys naked, almost every time we had back to back classes, the area they were waiting in was in direct line of us going to the locker room area. As I remember, they just looked at us, and were all dead quiet as we walked pass them in single file, our walk brought us to within 3–4 feet of where they were standing also in single file, (but they still dressed), to this day I wonder what they were thinking. We were never able to cover up as the towels were only given to us in the locker room after the swim. I suspect it would have created more of an appearance of trying to show the genitals if we put our hands over them, so I never really saw any boy doing that.

None of the boys would say much while walking pass the girls, and never once did I hear any girls mention anything (or giggle) about the “naked” boys back in the regular class room. As one of the boys, I knew that this or that girl had seen my genitals several times, I guess I was always embarrassed wondering what they thought.

When we first started these classes as 9th graders, we were NOT told that we had to swim naked, so some of us actually brought swimming trunks, but we were told never to wear them while in this class. We did ask as to why this was required, and was told it is cleaner to swim without suits, and if we did not do this, we would fail the class for the year.

For those curious, I never once recall seeing an erection at the pool or when walking by the girls. For anyone that questions if naked swim classes happened, I can honestly state it did (20–24 classes per year). At that age in my life, it was initially stressful to be naked in front of other boys, never mind in from of my female classmates, but after a few weeks of classes, it became like the normal thing to do. I have no idea how many years these naked swimming classes went on, but they were definitely happening at this Y, located in central Massachusetts, I was part of this experience, and in a way, glad I had this opportunity.

Personally, I still enjoy swimming naked anytime the opportunity presents itself, and as long as appropriate.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Public nude swimming

Author:
Curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:12:27 12/13/20 Sun

What I find unusual about your account is that you say the lessons started in 9th grade, when all the accounts I have seen all say that they started in Junior High in 7th grade or earlier.

What I also find strange is that you had to pass in line all naked next to your girl classmates as you changed classes.
I am also surprised that none of the girls giggled as they passed you by seeing you all naked.

What I agree with is that it must have been embarrassing and even humiliating sitting with the same girls in class who had seen you all naked and knew what all your genitals looked like as you say. Who knows, it may even have been exciting in a way.

You also say that you were glad that you had this experience in spite of the embarrassment. I also wish I had this experience at school.

[> Subject: Re: Public nude swimming

Author:
Kelly
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:47:19 12/13/20 Sun

I am from Canada, we lived in south Nova Scotia. We also swam nude but it was in a competitive way. There were 2 indoor pools near where we lived at that time and my father was friends with the one owner. I was taught to swim and did do well that I was invited to swim completely!
In the 60's there was a push for females in sports and swimming was one of a few sports opened up to girls. It was well known that the boys had swam nude but the locals felt there would be no issues with girls swimming with nude boys!
The girls teams always swam first at meets followed by the boys team so we were only in the water with girls during the mixed relay at the end of the meet.
What surprises me most was that NONE of the boys became erect in Jay's post. I was 10 and sprung erections many times. Other boys also erected and this did cause a reaction from both girls in the bleachers and girls on the swim team.
It was a very sensitive situation having them see us nude and sometimes erecting from the situation of not only being seen so exposed but being in a close proximity with girls we knew!
The girls showed some respect for our being seen nude to but they also were young and very interested in all they were getting to see. We were in a situation that was a proverbial breeding ground for growing erect so nothing was said to us by our coaches or parents when we grew erect!
We did have that ONE meeting after the first practice that told the girls that erections would happen and for them to just ignore them. There was no doubt that the girls surely did not listen to the coaches advise. For the first 3 or 4 weeks it was a very exciting time for the girls to enjoy!
I was much too immature to enjoy exposing my nude body to the girls feeling shame and embarrassment when exposing myself totally to the girls. Although small, my erection was quite obvious and the girls enjoyed watching it grow! I can't fault the girls for wanting to watch a penis fully erect! They were seeing things that normally covered and allowed to look.
If it were the other way around, I too would have looked over and over again! The girls, no doubt, were educated to the male form getting to see so much personal information about us!
It was also very informal at practices where the girls swam with us. There was plenty of time for them to experience our nudity. Erections also happened at practice but it was a little more light hearted and understood with girls sometimes only inches away as we experienced our shameful reactions. Touching did often happen as girls got to accidentally put - on - purpose touch and feel our erections! Also the practices were for 3 hours giving the girls plenty of time to acclimate to seeing us nude and experience our embarrassment and erections!
Over time I got used to being seen nude but at times I would still erect just seeing girls look at me or share a whisper. Understand we were nude in front of girls our age allowing them to see our most private parts!
The girls called our penises "buttons" because of the shrinkage from the cold pool water. This only made having an erection that much more humiliating having it sticking out for all the girls to see. It was very one sided adding to the double standard known to all the boys on our team!
[> [> Subject: Re: Public nude swimming

Author:
Curious to Kelly
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:20:21 12/13/20 Sun

Between what ages did you swim nude in front of girls at meets and during practice?

Was this also common in Canada or only in some areas?

Did you and the other boys get used to it over time, or did it remain embarrassing till the end?

I certainly agree that it was a one way thing, or one way show if you like, always to the advantage of the girls.
Did you boys ever complain to the coaches or parents about your naked humiliation in front of the girls and what was their reply?

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.