VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]
Subject: Re: RE: Nude boys at church camps ( originally started by poster Kelsey )

Author:
She-Ra (To Spelvin/Carmen)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:39:39 11/17/21 Wed
In reply to: Carmen 's message, "Re: RE: Nude boys at church camps ( originally started by poster Kelsey )" on 22:36:07 11/16/21 Tue

Carmen has a point. I have read many posts but fearfully avoided posting due to retaliation posts or troll flaming.
After reading many posts that sounded legit to me I have found others who flame their post for being a lie or written by a person of the opposite sex.
I am very non confrontational and would prefer to remain quiet rather than stick with my guns and fire back at flamers. In essence why post when you fear the flaming?
To a person posting for the first time I feel I might make a mistake or I might say something offensive. I am not looking to hurt or belittle. I simply want to confirm what another had said. Many females are fearful of men on line.
Since I am older, 66, I don't know what information is available to others by posting on a site like this. I have gone on other sites but none as sexually intense as this one.
I found this site after my 14 year old granddaughter spent 3 weeks with me and used my laptop to "keep in touch with her friends from home". Or so she said!
I found out she was on this site daily and spent a good bit of time here. I can't tell if she posted or simply read the posts made by others. I just know she was here.
I am fearful that her interest in nude men and boy's has compromised my safety on the internet but since the damage was already done I tried to support Carmen's post.
I have gambled on line, posted recipes and even looked up home remedies for health issues but this is the first time I have participated in a site with "sex" in the title. I have always read that people can "hack" into your computer from sex sites. I feared for viruses like Mall Ware and Trojan Horses that I have read about. I don't really understand much about that stuff, only that is bad for my computer.
The only reason I am posting this is because I decided to read up on what my granddaughter was looking at. Carmen's point was valid and I wanted to help her out as a women's insecurities and fears are much different than a man's.
Luckily for me my neighbors son was an "IT Tech" for Geek Squad and he said he would wipe my computer clean and delete any viruses from it.
Thank you for listening to an old lady ramble on. I hope you find something in my post relevant to your discussion!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: RE: Nude boys at church camps ( originally started by poster Kelsey )

Author:
spelvin (to She-Ra)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:29:02 11/17/21 Wed

Hello, She-Ra!

And thank you for writing to me!

"Carmen has a point. I have read many posts but fearfully avoided posting due to retaliation posts or troll flaming."

There's a lot of that on this board, isn't there!
That's because different people go on this board for different reasons,
and it is sometimes difficult for us to understand each other.

"After reading many posts that sounded legit to me I have found others who flame their post for being a lie or written by a person of the opposite sex."

For those who think girls don't go on this board,
you've proven that that is wrong.
You said that your granddaughter went on this board,
and it takes only one white crow to prove that all crows aren't black.

"In essence why post when you fear the flaming?"

Because most of us are men, so we love a good fight.

"Many females are fearful of men on line."
Since I am older, 66, I don't know what information is available to others by posting on a site like this."

I'm not sure I understand.
Are you afraid one of us would hurt you physically?
I'm older than you are.
I couldn't hurt a woman or a girl even if I wanted to.

"I am fearful that her interest in nude men and boy's has compromised my safety on the internet but since the damage was already done I tried to support Carmen's post."

I hope that the wrong people never see anything that she has posted.
Still, I am sorry that she has had to be content with surrogates.
I wish she could attend Kelsey's church camp.
Or I wish she could live a few years in a tropical village.

"I have gambled on line, posted recipes and even looked up home remedies for health issues . . ."

I wish you and I were in the same place.
I've been sick in bed for several days.

"Thank you for listening to an old lady ramble on."

I like people of all ages and both genders.
That's the healthy way.

"I hope you find something in my post relevant to your discussion!"

I'm not sure.
I hope I have understood you correctly,
and I hope I have alleviated some of your insecure feelings.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.