VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]
Subject: Re: Operation Tuli (public circumcisions in the Philippines)

Author:
John to Tala (Mad)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:51:01 12/25/19 Wed
In reply to: Tala 's message, "Re: Operation Tuli (public circumcisions in the Philippines)" on 13:55:10 12/25/19 Wed

Since Money was a big motive, two ramifications come to mind.

One families likely made it compulsory for the boy to compete. He was treated like a whore with his family as his pimp - trade your naked body for money which I, as your pimp, will keep.

Second, there could well have been follow-on abuse if he didnít win. He could be accused of not trying hard enough and being too distracted by his humiliation. We all can imagine where that can lead as the parents try to help him overcome his humiliation in prep for next years race. Maybe keep him naked in public as much as possible to get him used to it.

That continual humiliation technique has been threatened many times by Mothers in posts on this site when the boy resists. While there may be some truth in this helping him overcome humiliation since now his life is nothing but humiliation, there is certainly evil in it as well. And I would think negative repercussions to all relationships between the abusers and the boy.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Operation Tuli (public circumcisions in the Philippines)

Author:
George (Spelvin)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:24:43 12/27/19 Fri

John, you may be comforted to know that there are lots of Philippine people who say the same thing:

https://opinion.inquirer.net/9137/nude-festival-abused-innocent-children
[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Operation Tuli (public circumcisions in the Philippines)

Author:
John to George (Mad)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:22:45 12/27/19 Fri

Thanks for the links, George. It is nice to know my reaction is not out of left field because I am an American and am applying my cultural values on another culture. While that is true, it is nice to see people in their own country condemning it.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Operation Tuli (public circumcisions in the Philippines)

Author:
George (Spelvin)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:56:01 12/27/19 Fri

In fact, the organizers of the event in San Mateo were tried for child abuse in 2011:
https://www.spot.ph/newsfeatures/48698/boys-aged-11-to-13-run-around-nude-in-festival-in-san-mateo-raise-issues-of-child-abuse

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.