VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]
Subject: Re: Charity shelters for nude street boys.

Author:
John to Marti (Mad)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 16:45:05 01/12/20 Sun
In reply to: Marti 's message, "Re: Charity shelters for nude street boys." on 23:09:31 01/10/20 Fri

I just wanted to drop you a note to clarify that I don’t blame you for your participation in this process. You were eleven and doing what you were directed to do. This practice, which was clearly abuse in my mind, was set up my the organizers.

But something struck me about your comments. You said that some boys left after the first day and you seemed somewhat surprised by this. I think it is perfectly understandable.

After they were recruited and maybe surprised that they were not allowed to have a normal private shower but instead were made to strip publically and be bathed by others, they could have felt betrayed. Then when they learned that the cost of their free room and board was to be humiliated each day by a very unpleasant hosing down with cold water while naked in front of all charity workers or females visiting the charity (and I imagine you had visitors arrive for this special daily event) then they decided the actual cost for their ‘free’ room and board was not worth it and they left after one day.

Once again, as a girl, this was not on you. But I wonder all these years later if you have any empathy for the boys faced with this delima: Eat or be humiliated? And if you were in their position, how you would have felt and reacted?

Something to consider and hopefully learn from.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.