VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]
Subject: Re: Valid reasons for double standard

Author:
Mirage
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 02:44:05 04/25/20 Sat
In reply to: Observer to Spelvin 's message, "Re: Valid reasons for double standard" on 12:50:45 04/24/20 Fri

Scandinavian people are open minded and disciplined by nature, so whether there are clothing optional beaches or not does not make any difference regarding violence rates or rape.

Yes, it''s all about culture. Scandinavians are not "disciplined by nature". They learned to be.

About your question, yes, a woman or girl showing herself naked in public is an invitation to rape and would be vulnerable

Only in savage cultures like the middle east. The objective fact is, in western society, no one other than rapists view a naked woman as an invitation to rape. There's always going to be sick people like that in society, but thankfully, they're a minority.

So naked men and boys are safe in the presence of girls and women, but not the other way round.

Wrong again. Is rape rampant in nudist communities? Your opinions are based on the idea that we live in a society where women are nothing but sex objects to be used by men any way they please. That may be middle eastern society, but it's not western society.

I fact girls and women even when clothed would feel threatened and uncomfortable in the presence of naked men.

Because they're TAUGHT to be. If they weren't taught to be, they wouldn't be.

But certainly most men would not feel that way in the presence of a naked woman, quite the contrary.

They would if they were taught to be.

Concerning the main theme of this forum about boys swimming naked in front of girls and women, it is different for females seeing boys naked rather than adult males for the same reasons above.

It's not different. It's just what people have been taught, and it's rooted in religion.

Do you and others now understand why it was only acceptable for boys up to a certain age to swim naked in front of females?

I understand your line of reasoning, but your line of reasoning is wrong. It's illogical. It ignores the fact that different cultures have different attitudes. It also ignores the fact that culture can and does change. Your opinions may be what people thought in the past, but that's not the case anymore. Your claim that a woman naked in public is an invitation to rape would reign down hatred upon you by most of western society if you stated that publicly.. They would call you a bigot, misogynist, and will say you're probably a rapist yourself. I'm not saying that you are any of these things. I'm just pointing out that your views are archaic. Our society isn't what it once was.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Valid reasons for double standard

Author:
Jaquard
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:52:22 04/26/20 Sun

"Which is why it was considered as harmless and non-sexual for boys to swim naked in front of girls and women"

Not entirely, if at all. It was considered non-sexual because "society" propagated the myth that girls (at least) and even women were not sexual creatures and did not react erotically to the sight of naked boys. I have also found sites where the women and their erotic arousal at the sight of naked men is admitted.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Valid reasons for double standard

Author:
Observer to Jaquard
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:43:32 04/26/20 Sun

How do you explain the fact that most women are offended by the sight of a naked man?

I have heard women saying that a smartly dressed man is more attractive and 'sexy' to them than would be a naked man.

The total failure of Playgirl showing naked men is also proof of this.

Also the fact that only young boys were allowed to swim naked in front of girls and women, but not older teenage boys or adult men, further proves this.
Nude boys were seen as cute and yes harmless and non-sexual, but adult naked men would have been seen as offensive, ridiculous and inappropriate in front of women and girls.

So no, equality between sexes concerning nudity, which the likes of you and others like John are trying to bring up, does not exist. You are out of touch of reality.
[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Valid reasons for double standard

Author:
John to Observer (Mad)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:16:28 04/26/20 Sun

I think way too much power is given to women in this situation.

In cases of forced nudity of males in front of females, I donít care what the womanís preference is. She should have no right to compel any male to be naked in front of her and her friends/younger girls. As stated before, while those situations have reduced, women and girls still are given this power in batheing, punishing or babysitting boys.

In cases of consent between both the boy and the women, then both groups standards are important. For the boy, he would have to consent to each situation; he would be free to accept some situations and reject others. The females should also be comfortable. In the context of this post, that could mean she is comfortable as long as the male does not exceed a certain age.

To conclude, I still have some trouble with this because it opens the door to women asking a minor boy to get naked so they can enjoy his nudity. As a proponent of equality, I know such a request, if the genders were reversed, would likely be considered sexual assault by the asking adult male.

So ultimately, I think kids of both genders should be left alone regarding their clothes. There is really no legitimate reason for stripping minors for the pleasure of the other gender. An exception would be for nudist families. My opinion.
[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Valid reasons for double standard

Author:
Mirage
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:43:30 04/27/20 Mon

"How do you explain the fact that most women are offended by the sight of a naked man?"

Because they are taught to be. It's learned behavior.
[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Forgot to add that comment above is to Observer

Author:
Mirage to Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:45:16 04/27/20 Mon

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Valid reasons for double standard

Author:
Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:35:34 04/28/20 Tue

"How do you explain the fact that most women are offended by the sight of a naked man?"

"Because they are taught to be. It's learned behavior."

No, it is not, it is a natural instinct for women.
[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: There's nothing natural about it

Author:
Mirage to Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:18:26 04/29/20 Wed

Nudity is the natural state of humans, and finding it offensive is learned behavior. Children have no qualms about nudity (unless they're taught otherwise). The culture they grow up in determines what their attitude towards nudity will be. This is why attitudes to nudity vary between cultures.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.