VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]
Subject: Re: Valid reasons for double standard

Author:
Mirage
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 02:49:14 04/25/20 Sat
In reply to: Willy to Observer&Co 's message, "Re: Valid reasons for double standard" on 21:07:31 04/24/20 Fri

A bit of logic says girls would see and experience being nude in front of men&boys quite differently than boys being nude in front of females and again logic says society would see it differently to.

A bit of logic would also reveal that what you mentioned is learned. No girl would feel weird being naked if she wasn't taught to be, and society wouldn't it differently unless they were taught to. It's not just logic, it's basic common sense.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Valid reasons for double standard

Author:
Willy to Mirage
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:44:02 04/25/20 Sat

Mirage I think you answered your question there.It isn't want you or I think its want society thinks rightly or wrongly.Male and Female nudity has always being viewed differently there was a time when boy nudity was considered appropriate but girl nudity for a number of reasons.We can argue over the rights and wrongs but that's the way society was.In today's world it's women who provide the nudity.On tv in movies nudity is very one sided breasts are common full frontal not so much.Penises are very rare regardless if for a sex scene or for no reason.The excuse given for this is society views breasts and penises differently not very equal or fair is it.
[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: You missed the point

Author:
Mirage
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:41:35 04/25/20 Sat

I specifically mentioned society, not just the individual. To quote what I said "society wouldn't see it differently unless they were taught to. You mentioned Scandinavian societies in this post. This goes to my point. Americans learned to be the way they are, and Scandinavians unlearned it. The views and attitudes about nudity had by prude societies are not natural. Everyone is born naked, and despite what people believe, nudity of both genders didn't use to be an issue the farther back in time you go. It's only an issue when you introduce religion and power dynamics.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.