VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]
Subject: Re: Female spectators at nude swim meets

Author:
Betsy
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:44:03 01/15/18 Mon
In reply to: Robby 's message, "Re: Female spectators at nude swim meets" on 00:15:55 01/04/18 Thu

Robby, you are not clear on a lot of your information. Boys swam nude pretty much everywhere in the early to mid 50's. I remember going to make sidevresorts and seeing boys14 and 15 years old nude. They had pubic hair and showed erections. Some were fairly large by that time and caught my eye. They were made to stay exposed by their parents. I feel those boys were embarrassed about us seeing their penises. Why else would they erect. I saw hundreds at the lake. Hard, soft, circumcised and uncircumcised. It was a different time, a different generation of our society. You really needed to be living at that time to understand those things. We lived in fear of our parents! They could beat you with a belt every day if they wanted. There were no child services, as long as they didn't die or go to the hospital it was OK. If you missed a few days of school no one cares. You must have done something bad and kids left you alone about it. Your statement about it all being voluntary is not 100% true. Parents made you do things. For boys it was sports. Baseball was much bigger than football back then,basketball, football, swimming were popular but not as important. Boys were expected to be in sports. The nerds of our day played in the band. Real boys were expected to play in organized sports and excel at that sport. And, if your older brother was good at a sport you damn well better play that sport too. Expectations for kids were high and disappointing your dad could be considered a death sentence in some cases. So when a boy was expected to swim and if that meant hecswam nude, in front of girls and women, he did as he was told! At school or at the lake. To answer your question about age I would say up to 18 years old! There were pictures in magazines showing boys in showers nude. Rarely did their penises appear in the magazine but I did see a few penises in Life magazine. I was excited by seeing them in the article and when my parents threw the magazine out I kept those pictures to look at. They were hidden in my piano book because neither of my parents opened those books.I was aroused by the boys swimming nude and I will now admit that. I know for a fact that nude swim meets were also conducted in Minnasota, Michigan, Illinois as I saw cousins swimming in both Jr. and Sr. High meets in those states. As for other areas I heard the South had nude swimming as well. Remember, this was in the early to mid 50's! You may believe what you want but I know what I lived thru. I know all I saw and I do remember seeing boys swimming nude at organized swim meets in the northern mid west in those days. Saying it didn't happen will not change a thing for me. Just trying to clearifybthings as so many boys and men are interested in this.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Female spectators at nude swim meets

Author:
Jeff
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:46:37 01/25/18 Thu

I was in grade school in the 50s and from grade 4 to grade 6 we took swimming lessons at the nearby high school which had a pool.
Boys and girls were taken on separate days and we were always accampanied by our class female teachers who sat at the bleachers to keep order and discipline.
As was common at the time the rule at the HS pool was that boys always had to be naked when using the pool, while girls always wore swimsuits.
Our instructors were mostly girls from the HS who were competent swimmers and sometimes boys.
While the girl instructors always wore one piece swimsuits the instructor boys had a towel around their waist when out of the pool and took it off and left it on the pool's edge when entering the pool completely naked.

In HS we had the same nudity rule for swimming classes although girls and women were not usually present except in some cases.
I know that the school swim teams often practiced, always nude, in the presence of their girlfriends and female relatives, so I don't think that it was a big deal for them.
At our school swim meets in front of mixed spectators were held with boys wearing trunks but I know that at some away meets they competed naked like the other schools which had this custom and tradition. I was never keen on swimming so I never attended these away swim meets but some girls used to attend them, especially if their male classmates were in them. I don't know if they attended these nude swim meets to support the boys teams or just wanted to see the boys nude.

As Betsy said it was very common at the time to see boys swimming nude in public places up to about early teens when girls and women were present.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.