VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

Miss Virginia (MAO) Guru Message Board
Welcome to the New Miss Virginia Guru Message Board
Congratulations to Miss Virginia 2015 - Savannah Lane! [Left to Right: Katie Pimblett, 3rd RU; Courtney Jamison, 1st RU; Lane; Elizabeth Martin, 2nd RU; Veronica Robertson, 4th RU (photo courtesy of Julius Tolentino)
Miss Virginia Organization Official Website

Subject:

Author:
Gorgeous Gown
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:09:16 07/30/15 Thu

Does anyone know where Courtney purchased this dress? It was my favorite of the entire pageant.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Who's going to Florida to support Hayley Boland? I'm expecting her to do very well:).

Author:
MAOT 2015
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:58:48 07/09/15 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Why doesn't Miss America webstream the Prel?

Author:
It is past due!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:17:01 07/18/15 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Miss America Lottery today.

Author:
Wishing for a great slot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:54:22 07/13/15 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Which locals are NOT returning this coming season?

Author:
NT
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:24:53 07/24/15 Fri

Which locals are NOT returning this coming season?

Replies:
Subject: Re: Webstreaming the Prel and Final Nights this yr?

Author:
E. Lee Dickinson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:26:47 07/23/15 Thu

Oh, I'm sure there's a skilled video production company with extensive pageant experience out there somewhere who could do it for much less than that....

Subject: Will Virginia be represented at the Sweetheart Pageant?

Author:
?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:39:10 07/15/15 Wed

Replies:
Subject: ENOUGH!

Author:
Sherri McKinney, local ED
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:54:50 06/28/15 Sun

I am appalled any what I am reading on here today. I am going to think that those of you attacking these women are not contestant but spineless, faceless, heartless and sad people living your pathetic lives behind an anonymous board. Savannah Lane and her family are all amazing people who have been through enough this year and who overcome bigger problems than some cyber bullies here who couldn't be happy for anyone.

Savvanah is not only going to be a great Miss Virginia but very well will be an amazing Miss America. A job which requires the young woman to be in a swimsuit only 1 day out of 365.

I am humbly asking the moderator to delete all this bashing on here. I have never seen anyone post such hatred.

If you can not support our beautiful, intelligent, and caring Miss Virginia, please exit our organization. We do not support people like you so bound in hatred an jealous.

Replies:
Subject: Since the MVO ans Miss America is watching.

Author:
Please pay attention to the Preteens!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:56:54 06/30/15 Tue

Preteens were not treated right this year and their parents were blind sided by the last minute changes sent down by Miss America which affected other states as well. FYI other states were very upset, as well.

A majority of us would not have entered our daughters if we knew of the changes before winning their preliminaries. Then having to re-sign contracts for legality or forced to give up their crowns if they did not agree. Most felt hostage to the situation. Don't sign and you feel the wrath of Miss VA or Miss America. These were girls that aspire to become Miss America one day. Many cried after being told of the changes because their dream of being Miss Virginia's Outstanding Preteen disappeared because of broken promises by Miss Virginia as per their original contract.

Not sure how to describe this past week...between the critiques that may or may not have hurt the girls feelings or provide feedback that we already knew. And then there were the changes in schedule that threw everyone else's schedule out of order. Not very the best year experienced at Miss VA. In short the Teen-In-Training Program is just another Princess Program for older girls.

This is not to bash the Miss Virginia or Miss America system but just to let them know how their decisions affected many. Next time be up front and honest to everyone. It would have been better. Good luck with the Teen-In Training Program!

Replies:
Subject: Who were the runners-up and semi-finalists in teen?

Author:
Gary
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:46:08 07/04/15 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Change of topic please

Author:
va pageant fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:41:26 07/04/15 Sat

I know this is a Miss VA America board but Miss USA is about to happen and some of the MAO girls have competed for USA. Most recently Desiree was 1st runner up to Laura Puleo.

Laura has shown up to USA looking AMAZING. I'm much more of a MAO fan, but quite honestly if any VA girl wins a national pageant I'm happy. You can see her pics on the USB Bubble Board. She is in it to win it, y'all.

Also on the national pageant seen- Arielle who was Miss VA USA a few years ago just placed in top 5 for the Miss World America pageant. That winner goes on to compete for Julia Morley's Miss World and is fast becoming "the" go-to international pageant.

Replies:
Subject: Who is that lady that was crowned by Courtney Garrett and Rosemary Willis?

Author:
noname
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:37:20 07/01/15 Wed

Just wondering....

Replies:
Subject: Which girls aged out of the Miss division this year

Author:
Ok
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:46:01 06/30/15 Tue

Replies:
Subject: No car for Miss Virginia this year.

Author:
What a mess this program has become!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:21:25 06/29/15 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Is MVO in Trouble in Roanoke?

Author:
What are your thoughts?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:44:42 06/29/15 Mon

I have heard several rumors during pageant week and wonder if the Miss Virginia Pageant Board should be considering moving the pageant to the Richmond area?
Next year the only local pageant at this time definitely being held west of Richmond will be Miss Roanoke Valley.
All other locals will be north, south or east of Richmond. The word is NRV and MHC are not coming back, neither is Lynchburg/Hill City and the Stump family have resigned so no more SML, Bedford or Southwest next year, all of this in addition to no more VA Dogwood because Hester has a daughter of competing age. I guess the sweeps pageant will be awarding about eight titles next year at workshop, girls you better be prepared to scramble for a title next year. Wouldn't it be more convenient to hold the Miss Virginia state pageant in Richmond next year then, since the only people having to travel far would be the RV crew rather than all those people from the Beach, NOVA and Richmond?

Replies:
Subject: Harsh words. Obviously a lot of people are jealous and upset. I know one of y'all is Andie. Andie you were a brat this whole week and if you think we didn't notice your grumpy face all week you're wrong. Savannah, Harlie, and Jacqueline you guys were so sweet! Please come back next year! Courtney J was thrilled for savannah...why can't yall be too?

Author:
Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:42:23 06/28/15 Sun

Great girl

Replies:
Subject: Ok, Miss Virginia is this month! Who will she be??

Author:
3 weeks!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:39:25 06/01/15 Mon

Ok, Miss Virginia is this month! Who will she be??

Replies:
Subject: All this swimsuit talk all week I must say weakest swimsuit at miss America was Keli quick. Savannah in better shape than that

Author:
Only weak swimsuit in recent memory
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:20:44 06/28/15 Sun

Archives: 12345678910 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2015 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.