|Subject: Miss Apple Blossom Festival Pageant 2015|
Pageant Fan Reporter
[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: 00:00:46 01/16/15 Fri
WINCHESTER — The Miss Apple Blossom Festival Pageant will held at 7 p.m. Saturday at Daniel Morgan Middle School in Winchester.
Tickets, which may be purchased at the door, are $15 for adults and $5 for students 10 and under.
Miss Apple Blossom Outstanding Teen will be crowned the same evening, along with the Teens in Training program that has been newly established in the state.
The festival is an official preliminary to the Miss Virginia and Miss America Organization, and the Miss and Teen titleholders advance to compete in the Miss Virginia Pageant.
Scholarships and prize packages can be viewed on the Festival website www.thebloom.com, along with applications and guidelines. The pageant is sponsored by Loudoun Mutual Insurance.
Judges are Greg Dawson, Julius Tolentino, Alden Kamikawa, Mario Orsini and Caressa Cameron-Jackso, who crowned Miss America in 2010. She traveled more than 250,000 miles during her year of service championing her platform, Real Talk: AIDS in America.
Wendi Gruninger will serve as the emcee. She has been involved with pageantry and the performing arts since childhood and she was associated with the Miss America Organization for two decades.
Jessica Hope Brevard is from Winchester and is a senior at John Handley High School.
She hopes to study Criminal Justice and Forensic Science, and her career ambition is to become a forensic investigator. Jessica will be performing an oral presentation for her talent competition and her platform is “Bullying Leads to Domestic Violence – See It, Stop It”. Jessica’s sponsor is Billy Carter and Family.
Katie Pimblett is from Falls Church. She is a 2014 graduate of George Mason University where she majored in Government and International Politics, as well as Music. She plans to attend law school, and aspires to be a chief of staff on Capitol Hill. She will be singing for her talent, and her platform is “Give the Gift of Life: Be a Bone Marrow Donor”. Katie’s sponsor is Jim Stutzman Chevrolet.
Jaclyn Marie Oakes is from Staunton and is a junior at Randolph-Macon College as a Biology major and also minoring in Chemistry. Her career ambition is to obtain a Medical Doctor Degree specializing in Dermatology. Jaclyn will be dancing for her talent, and her platform is “Charlie’s Cure: Bringing Awareness to the Dangers of Skin Cancer.” Jaclyn’s sponsor is Holiday Inn Historic Gateway.
MacKenzie Bridget Adamson is from Winchester. She is a sophomore at the University of Virginia and is majoring in Foreign Affairs and Spanish, while minoring in Arabic & Middle Eastern Studies. MacKenzie’s career ambition is to work with the U.S. Department of State. She will be singing for her talent, and her platform is “Beauty and Self Confidence”. MacKenzie’s sponsor is Winchester Printers.
Deborah Lee Dick is from Winchester. She is a sophomore at CollegePlus majoring in Psychology. Deborah’s career ambition is to be a psychologist or counselor. She will be performing a comedic monologue for her talent, and her platform is “Abusive Relationships and You”. Deborah is being sponsored by Lynn Poole Tax Service.
Leah May Cordle is from Rosedale and is an upcoming junior at the University of Virginia’s College at Wise. Her scholastic ambition is to obtain a Master’s Degree in Business Administration. She will be performing a speed painting routine for her talent, and her platform is “L.E.A.H.: Live Equal Abolish Hate”. Leah’s sponsor is Kimberly Needles Photography.
Andolyn Tomasa Medina is from Chesapeake. She is a junior at Hollins University, majoring in Psychology and minoring in Music, and her career ambition is to become a pediatric psychologist. Andolyn will be singing for her talent, and her platform is “Peer Empowerment and Community Engagement”. Andolyn is being sponsored by Powers Great American Midways.
Amanda Crider is from Vienna. She is a 2013 graduate of the University of Virginia, having majored in Anthropology with a minor in Biology. Amanda’s career ambition is to obtain a Masters in Special Education. She will be performing sign language poetry for her talent, and her platform is “Be 1 For Change, End Relationship Violence”. Amanda’s sponsor is Aloft Hotels.
Emily Faridi is from Burlington, N.C.. She is a sophomore at Virginia Commonwealth University where she is studying Chemical & Life-Science Engineering, and hopes to obtain a Doctorate of Chemical Engineering. Emily will be singing for her talent, and her platform is “Learning to Learn”. Emily is sponsored by Cork Street Tavern.
Catherine Turner is from Hardy. A freshman at Radford University, she is majoring in Interdisciplinary Studies and minoring in Special Education, and she hopes to become a Pre-Kindergarten teacher. Catherine will be dancing for her talent, and her platform is the American Heart Association. Catherine’s sponsor is iHeartMedia.
Alexandra Cincinnati is from Martinsburg, W.Va. She is a freshman at Mary Baldwin College as a Health Care Administration major, and hopes to become a physical therapist. She will be singing for her talent, and her platform is “Healthy Lifestyles for a Healthier America”. Alexandra is being sponsored by Gateway Funding.
Jessalyn Hayes is from Rocky Mount and is a sophomore at Franklin County High School. She is a National Junior Honor Society Inductee, and enjoys reading, cheerleading and cooking. Jessalyn hopes to become an interior decorator. She will be singing for her talent competition, and her platform is “Rett Syndrome Awareness”.
Savannah McKee is from Winchester and is a sophomore at James Wood High School. She is captain of the JV cheerleading team, a Key Club and FCCLA Club Member, and enjoys reading and being active member in her church youth group. Savannah hopes to become an elementary school teacher. She will be playing the flute for her talent competition, and her platform is “Give Back with Books”.
Emily Schneider is from Stephens City and is a Sherando High School sophomore. She is an honor roll student and a Key Club and Spanish Club member, and enjoys singing, theater and traveling. Emily hopes to perform on Broadway. She will be singing for her talent competition, and her platform is “Mentoring in School and Your Community”.
Haylee Landry is from Virginia Beach and is a sixth grade student at Plaza Middle School International Baccalaureate Academy. She is an honor roll student, a member of the cheerleading squad, and enjoys dancing and making jewelry. Her scholastic ambition is to attend Yale University and to become an attorney. Haylee will be dancing for her talent competition, and her platform is “Autism Awareness – Unlocking the Puzzle”.
Published in the Winchester Star - 1/16/015
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
- Re: Miss Apple Blossom Festival Pageant 2015 -- wht happened to julius taking pics on the miss virginia website, 18:48:26 01/16/15 Fri
- really....did you forget that the judges have to disclose if they know the girls and if they feel there relationship or knowledge of any contestant will make them biased. The ABF team has always used a high level of scrutiny when selecting judges so that they can get the best girl. -- Does everything have to be a conspiracy????, 18:58:45 01/16/15 Fri
- It is obvious that the judging panel is favorable to one particular contestant. Did they think no one would notice? (NT) -- SMH, 03:40:18 01/17/15 Sat
- Keep deleting the comments, moderator, you can't hide the fact that this is an egregiously unfair judging panel favoring one contestant. I don't care about integrity, whatever, this is a travesty. -- who are you protecting?, 08:53:43 01/17/15 Sat
- Accusations have been reported and state is aware. Have you questioned any judges from other pageants? Julius judges other locally and so does Caressa. Do you think if you've ever seen or talked to a person 3 or 4 years ago that makes a difference now? What about pageants who choose judges that your close friends. At least the Apple Blossom panel ate honest folks. Please don't question their integrity. Not everyone is dishonest. -- Pumpkin, 10:52:53 01/17/15 Sat
- Caressa has not been crowned at plenty of pageants due to hanky panky. She knows that hurt first hand and I doubt she'd inflict it upon another contestant. -- think it through guys c'mon, 15:12:49 01/17/15 Sat
- Would you look at that, the rigged up judges didn't pick Aundolyn -- kik, 18:46:30 01/17/15 Sat
- Results please for A.B.? (NT) -- ???, 19:47:24 01/17/15 Sat
- I really thought Katie Pimblett looked the part, plain and simple. Spoke well and sounded great. Aundolyn also looked good and was impressive. -- Was there and picked the top 4, 23:25:18 01/17/15 Sat
- +1 -- ABF, 01:57:02 01/18/15 Sun
- What happened to all the knuckleheads who kept whining that the fix was in because of who was on the judges panel?? Why are all of you quiet as a mouse since the results weren't exactly what you were expecting? Thank you judges panel for disappointing all the haters, whiners, conspiracy theorists and delusional twits out there! (NT) -- Bwahahahahahahahahaha!, 05:35:08 01/19/15 Mon
- Re: Miss Apple Blossom Festival Pageant 2015 -- where can i find pictures from yhjs and other locals like before?, 11:10:17 01/19/15 Mon
- Re: Miss Apple Blossom Festival Pageant 2015 -- Pageant Fan, 11:27:25 01/21/15 Wed